Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My first pack of cigars (Cohiba Siglo II)

This is a discussion on My first pack of cigars (Cohiba Siglo II) within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Turns out they are "Cohiba piramides" that were in a box (25) of their own, then put in that smaller ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish z0diac's Avatar

Re: My first pack of cigars (Cohiba Siglo II)

Turns out they are "Cohiba piramides" that were in a box (25) of their own, then put in that smaller (5) siglo ii box for me.

Anyway way you wrap it, I'm happy with them either way.

Not Here

Regardless if they were put in different packaging they are still fakes. Like others have said, since they came from Cuba they will be Cuban tobacco. I would definitely dissect one first though since fakes have been known to contain some things that you definitely do not want to smoke.
    BIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madurolover View Post
    Regardless if they were put in different packaging they are still fakes. Like others have said, since they came from Cuba they will be Cuban tobacco. I would definitely dissect one first though since fakes have been known to contain some things that you definitely do not want to smoke.
    Why are they fakes? Putting one cigar in another's container does not make it a fake. ( ? )

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    Why are they fakes? Putting one cigar in another's container does not make it a fake. ( ? )
    Certainly not but the bands that are on them says they are unquestionably fake.
    BIA!!!

Cohiba Pirámides are 52 x 6.1"

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
    Cohiba Pirámides are 52 x 6.1"
    Aaah.. yes these are 5". Concerning the bands (in previous post), there is some information I have about those that I can't go into detail about.. The situation on how these cigars came to be, from factory floor to buyer's hands, is a little.. umm, how shall we say.... "unorthodox" (?) I'm told some of the packaging may not have been up to 'regular' standard, the sticks have been stored since last year (although that shouldn't cause any band fading, I agree), etc... but I have been assured these are real Cohibas. I guess the only way to tell would be to go into a store here and buy a real Cohiba at $20-30, then compare. But like I said, I'm not picky either way. They were given to me as a nicety and I accept them as such.

'Will post review of them when I get a chance to burn one. Hopefully Friday evening.

JGD

Quote Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    Aaah.. yes these are 5". Concerning the bands (in previous post), there is some information I have about those that I can't go into detail about.. The situation on how these cigars came to be, from factory floor to buyer's hands, is a little.. umm, how shall we say.... "unorthodox" (?) I'm told some of the packaging may not have been up to 'regular' standard, the sticks have been stored since last year (although that shouldn't cause any band fading, I agree), etc... but I have been assured these are real Cohibas. I guess the only way to tell would be to go into a store here and buy a real Cohiba at $20-30, then compare. But like I said, I'm not picky either way. They were given to me as a nicety and I accept them as such.

'Will post review of them when I get a chance to burn one. Hopefully Friday evening.
    If it is 5'' then it is not a real Cohiba. However, like others said, it may still be a great cigar. One thing you will learn quickly when dealing with Cuban cigars is that EVERYBODY has a story, a connection, a cousin, ect. and they are generally all bull shit.

Yeah sorry brother, there is no way those are real. You will be lucky if there is real tabacco inside.

At least the box looks real.

Puffer Fish with many spikes bcannon87's Avatar

I know this is a dated thread but i thought i might be able to help z0diac out, Check out this link: Counterfeit Gallery | Cigar Aficionado

King of All Puffer Fish KcJason1's Avatar

I'm not very familiar with the Singlo.. But Cohibas in general I am.. I noticed the bands at different points on the cigars right away... But what stuck out in my head is the bands them selves... Above the word cohiba some of the bands have 2 rows of squares, and some have 3... A true Cohiba should have 3 rows.. and all bands should be identical...

Go check out the CA counterfeit gallery..

Edit: guess I should of read the whole thread before posting... Just saw the post before mine.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the Singlo.. But Cohibas in general I am.. I noticed the bands at different points on the cigars right away... But what stuck out in my head is the bands them selves... Above the word cohiba some of the bands have 2 rows of squares, and some have 3... A true Cohiba should have 3 rows.. and all bands should be identical...

Edit: guess I should of read the whole thread before posting... Just saw the post before mine.. lol
    Not all of this is true. Cuba is known for their discrepancies with production. The thing that stuck out to me was that these 5 packs come with each cigar in an individual box. regardless I'm sure the OP would have preferred this buried. maybe someone will benefit from this though1

im confused why it is hard to get cuban cigars in cuba.. shouldnt you be able to just pick them up somewhere without having to worry about if they are real? seems like being worried that your ford is not a real ford in the US...

doesnt seem like you would need an "inside connection" or something like that to get a real kohiba in cuba... but then again i could be wrong.

just a little confused.

rb

Quote Originally Posted by rus_bro View Post
    im confused why it is hard to get cuban cigars in cuba.. shouldnt you be able to just pick them up somewhere without having to worry about if they are real? seems like being worried that your ford is not a real ford in the US...

doesnt seem like you would need an "inside connection" or something like that to get a real kohiba in cuba... but then again i could be wrong.

just a little confused.

rb
    Well I can't really go into it here. But counterfeiting is everywhere. What else is there in cuba to counterfeit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
    Well I can't really go into it here. But counterfeiting is everywhere. What else is there in cuba to counterfeit?
    Mojitos? Maybe a few little sprigs of maple cut into the shape of mint will fool tourists. I hear maple is a lot cheaper than mint.

Full grown Puffer Fish thunderdan11's Avatar

Although pre 2003 Cohibas had two dots above the name.

Quote Originally Posted by KcJason1 View Post

Last edited by thunderdan11; 01-19-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: guess it would be difficult to purchase pre 2003 cigars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast