Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Looking for some feedback on my cigar pictures.

This is a discussion on Looking for some feedback on my cigar pictures. within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Nice pics!...

Puffer Fish with some spikes UGA07's Avatar

Re: Looking for some feedback on my cigar pictures.

Nice pics!

nice pictures! Here is a few suggestions, try backing up a bit to get more of both subjects into the frame. unless you want people to notice one area first, try playing with the apature, maybe make the background less detailed so you can make the eye catch the cigars first.

Also try different backdrops, you would be amazed at how a backdrop can ruin the composition of a photo just by having something distracting in the background.

Try colored felt back drops, wood cutting boards(there cheap and can give that classy, or rustic look) also watch the flash, you dont want cigars in the wrapper to have a glare covering the label, or the band.

Just few friendly suggestions. I too love photography, my main subjects are bugs, but really similar to what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks for the continued advice...been to busy to take more pictures. Have had a bit of fun with PhotoImpact...not neat what PS can do but as I mentioned before, its expensive and not a necessity in my life.

This is my current desktop background:

Quote Originally Posted by bn087 View Post
    Thanks for the continued advice...been to busy to take more pictures. Have had a bit of fun with PhotoImpact...not neat what PS can do but as I mentioned before, its expensive and not a necessity in my life.

This is my current desktop background:

POW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3