Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Stash....is Opus a bad thing?

This is a discussion on My Stash....is Opus a bad thing? within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Nice collection... I admit to being almost as jealous of your "junkador" as of your main stash!...

Puffer Fish with some spikes StratSlinger's Avatar

Re: My Stash....is Opus a bad thing?

Nice collection... I admit to being almost as jealous of your "junkador" as of your main stash!

Acid 5 circa '03 ftw! The_Smoked_Blade's Avatar

I agree, nice collection; however, have you considered partitioning your cigars, so as to prevent a marriage amongst the blends? Keeping the "Opi" away from the Davidoff tubos, Nub Habanos away from Nub Cameroons or Connecticuts...etc. otherwise what you'll end up with in the long term is a nice collection of similar tasting cigars.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader ca21455's Avatar

You've been busy for the last two years. Very nice selection of smokes!

No longer a community member. Nickerson's Avatar

Very nice my friend.

Surprised at the Nub's and Trinidad in the junkadore. Those Trinidad Habana Reserves are some of my fathers favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Smoked_Blade View Post
    I agree, nice collection; however, have you considered partitioning your cigars, so as to prevent a marriage amongst the blends? Keeping the "Opi" away from the Davidoff tubos, Nub Habanos away from Nub Cameroons or Connecticuts...etc. otherwise what you'll end up with in the long term is a nice collection of similar tasting cigars.
    I should have noted(except for the "cubador"), that most of the cigars were moved around for pictures, or were not in their normal spots. The Opus usually all stay by themselves in the top, and every thing else divided as best I can in the bottom with the dividers the humidor came with. I appreciate the help though, always good to have BOTL looking out for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickerson View Post
    Very nice my friend.

Surprised at the Nub's and Trinidad in the junkadore. Those Trinidad Habana Reserves are some of my fathers favorites.
    Ha, I should have also noted, that everything in the "Junkador" is not what the name intends to me. I will occasionally go in there and grab a stick, for example, the CAO Brazillia. Nub Habano's occasionally(but not too much anymore). There are some buried gems in the Junkador just waiting to be found again one day!

Thanks everyone else for all of the kind comments!

Acid 5 circa '03 ftw! The_Smoked_Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLurch View Post
    I should have noted(except for the "cubador"), that most of the cigars were moved around for pictures, or were not in their normal spots. The Opus usually all stay by themselves in the top, and every thing else divided as best I can in the bottom with the dividers the humidor came with. I appreciate the help though, always good to have BOTL looking out for us!

Ha, I should have also noted, that everything in the "Junkador" is not what the name intends to me. I will occasionally go in there and grab a stick, for example, the CAO Brazillia. Nub Habano's occasionally(but not too much anymore). There are some buried gems in the Junkador just waiting to be found again one day!

Thanks everyone else for all of the kind comments!
    Just looking out for a fellow BOTL, I've seen and smoked what comes of mismairaged cigars that friends have given me, and they were far from tasty; and it's why I maintain 12 humidors for individual cigars, two jars, and one massive all cedar humidor for boxes.

very nice!

i wont say you have OCD, but maybe you do have OXCD (opus x collection developing)
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Unknown

Puffer Fish with some spikes chrisw17's Avatar

nice collection!

Newbie in the ocean

Opi is never a problem

Maturing Puffer Fish

Nice collection, surprised to see so many nubs in your junker.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish grumpy1328's Avatar

Good lord man, have you no shame?? To even suggest that Opi could be bad. And a nub in a "junkador"??
    I am presently smoking my very first Opus X. A fine experience, indeed.

You, sir, will be contacted by my shieste...er...lawyer, who will immediatly institute adoption proceedings.

Your future son,

George
    Oh yeah...great stash!!!!
    Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader jeepthing's Avatar

Not actually had an Opus yet. But thanks to Shuckins I have one resting.
    Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!

I still have two opus X sitting in my humidor that I haven't tried. They have about a year of age on them now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2