Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Not Quite Cigars, but most cerntainly related.

This is a discussion on Not Quite Cigars, but most cerntainly related. within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Altadis series 2 Montecristo Signature Samurai Double Guillotine, a Serie 1 M.S.S. Double Guillotine, a Davidoff pair of Small Scissors, ...

Acid 5 circa '03 ftw! The_Smoked_Blade's Avatar

Not Quite Cigars, but most cerntainly related.

Altadis series 2 Montecristo Signature Samurai Double Guillotine, a Serie 1 M.S.S. Double Guillotine, a Davidoff pair of Small Scissors, a S.T. Dupont LE Commando Maxijet Double Guillotine, a CAO Palio, a Xi3 Titanium Nitride Spectrum, a Cohiba Xi2, a Noir Xi2, a Noir Xi1, a Cuban Crafters Black Nitride Revolucion Scissor, a Liga Privada #9 Perfect Cut, and a Cohiba Steel Perfect Cut. Oh and a sterling silver Victorian era Cigar drill/piercer (I had a Dunhill one...lost it ::, and had to scour ebay for one to replace it...not quite the same, not even a Dunhill...)

That pretty much sums up my quality or better cutters.

An Altadis Montecristo (the Chinese lacquer and Palladium version, not the yellow lacquered variant) Signature Series L2 Lighter, a few Blazer's, a slew of Colibri's (from the original owners, and most of them work oddly enough), two Atoll/Cyril Brizard Lonsdale Lighters (one with a cigar burner, the other a cigarette burner), Dunhill Gold Unique (pipe burner), a handful of KGM-Vectors, a S.T. Dupont silver diamond briquette with gold strike bar Gatsby (cigarette burner), a S.T. Dupont large vertical silver lined L1 (cigarette burner), a S.T. Dupont horizontal gold lined L2 (cigarette burner), a S.T. Dupont silver diamond briquette L2 (cigar burner), S.T. Dupont LE Commando Maxijet, S.T. Dupont Matte Silver X-Tend, and a Xikar EXII Havana Red lighter. And a few boxes of Swan cigar matches.

And that sums up my questionable, quality/better lighter collection.
    Last edited by The_Smoked_Blade; 09-10-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Cigars are a way of life, and if they didn't exist, what would be the point? Madness borders genius, while the truth resides in the limelight.

Re: Not Quite Cigars, but most cerntainly related.

That's a lot of cutters.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

How do you like the 3 bladed scissors?
    This Space For Rent

WOW! i thought I had a sick obsession with cigar accessories haha, good show man nice looking collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
    How do you like the 3 bladed scissors?
    It's okay, not quite the cut that Cuban Crafters claims it can make, but functional none the less, more of a novelty item.
    Cigars are a way of life, and if they didn't exist, what would be the point? Madness borders genius, while the truth resides in the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by obleedo View Post
    WOW! i thought I had a sick obsession with cigar accessories haha, good show man nice looking collection.
    What wasn't in that pic was either of my Avo punches, a gilded silver single punch, and a matte black double punch, a Victorian period cigar piercer, and my Don Salvatore black hardwood v-cutter. Though in all likelihood all but that latter cutter are viewable somewhere on my blog (my signature)

Thats awesome, very impressive collection, Ill check out your blog

Quote Originally Posted by obleedo View Post
    Thats awesome, very impressive collection, Ill check out your blog
    Thank you, I greatly appreciate BOTL & SOTL's checking it out.

Paul, which one would you say gives the most "bang for your buck" ?

Very nice collection.

I keep wanting to add more and this gives me some encouragement.

Best regards, tony

Quote Originally Posted by pips View Post
    Paul, which one would you say gives the most "bang for your buck" ?
    As far as guillotines go, the best cuts are the Altadis Montecristo Signature series cutters as they are quite literally offer the sheerest cut without generating any debris like a Palio does when loose tobacco enters the tracks, and unlike the fulcrum design of the Xikars, you don't end up squeezing and potentially damaging the channels in the bunch of the cigar. And they're reasonably priced, on par with Palio and Xikars, and not as expensive as Dunhill, Zino Anthracite, etc...