Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Liga Privada T-52

This is a discussion on Liga Privada T-52 within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Originally Posted by seegarfan Thanks for the translation, Saul Mark Anytime brother...

  
  1. #16

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Aficionado82's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Quote Originally Posted by seegarfan View Post
    Thanks for the translation, Saul

    Mark
    Anytime brother

  2. #17

    Puffer Fish with many spikes seegarfan's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Quote Originally Posted by havanajohn View Post
    Nice grab Mark. I smoked the T-52 you sent over in a bomb, and it was great! Thanks.-j


    I'm glad you liked it John.
    I'm thinking of torching one tonight.

    Mark
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you believe criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because the neighbors have too many kids.

  3. #18

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Hey Mark
    The T-52 is only one blend is that right? I did notice they are finally avaliable by the box guess I better get some, I have some but not a box, The B & M here les us buy two at a time.

  4. #19

    Puffer Fish with many spikes seegarfan's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Hey Mark
    The T-52 is only one blend is that right? I did notice they are finally avaliable by the box guess I better get some, I have some but not a box, The B & M here les us buy two at a time.

    I don't really know that much about them yet, Dave. I plan on doing a little research. I know one thing: I like them a LOT. One of the many things I really like about them is the huge clouds of smoke they effortlessly produce.

    Here is where I purchased mine:

    Nice Ash Cigars - Brands

    niceashcigars - It appears they have several sizes in stock. I have done a fair amount of business with them and have had nothing but great service.

    Mark
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you believe criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because the neighbors have too many kids.

  5. #20

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Hey Mark
    The T-52 is only one blend is that right? I did notice they are finally avaliable by the box guess I better get some, I have some but not a box, The B & M here les us buy two at a time.
    That's right Dave... Just one blend in different sizes.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

  6. #21

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Thanks Guy's I like them very much myself. Cool I can pick my favorite size. except they are out of stock, oh well at least they are avalible now.

  7. #22

    Up on One ckay's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Thanks Guy's I like them very much myself. Cool I can pick my favorite size. except they are out of stock, oh well at least they are avalible now.
    Only two sizes at the moment. Toro and robusto. Double Corona coming soon along with the Flying Pig size.

  8. #23

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Quote Originally Posted by ckay View Post
    Only two sizes at the moment. Toro and robusto. Double Corona coming soon along with the Flying Pig size.
    Check the link Mark provided it shows more than that including my fav the belicoso but it's out of stock.

    Liga Privada T52 - Robusto (24/Box)

    Liga Privada T52 - Robusto - 5 x 52 (24/Box)
    Price: $164.00
    Add to Cart




    Liga Privada T52 - Robusto (Single Stick)

    Liga Privada T52 - Robusto - 5 x 52 (Single Stick)
    Price: $7.88
    Add to Cart






    Liga Privada T52 - Robusto (Try 5)

    Liga Privada T52 - Robusto - 5 x 52 (Try 5)
    Price: $36.61
    Add to Cart




    Liga Privada T52 - Toro (24/Box)

    Liga Privada T52 - Toro - 6 x 52 (24/Box)
    Price: $181.33
    Add to Cart






    Liga Privada T52 - Toro (Single Stick)

    Liga Privada T52 - Toro - 6 x 52 (Single Stick)
    Price: $8.72
    Add to Cart




    Liga Privada T52 - Toro (Try 5)

    Liga Privada T52 - Toro - 6 x 52 (Try 5)
    Price: $40.48
    Add to Cart






    Liga Privada T52 Belicoso (24/Box)

    Liga Privada T52 Belicoso - 6 x 52 (24/Box)
    Price: $198.00
    Out of Stock
    Add to Cart




    Liga Privada T52 Belicoso (Single Stick)

    Liga Privada T52 Belicoso - 6 x 52 (Single Stick)
    Price: $9.52
    Out of Stock
    Add to Cart






    Liga Privada T52 Belicoso (Try 5)

    Liga Privada T52 Belicoso - 6 x 52 (Try 5)
    Price: $44.20
    Out of Stock
    Add to Cart




    Liga Privada T52 Corona Doble (24/Box)

    Liga Privada T52 Corona Doble - 5 1/4 x 54 (24/Box)
    Price: $214.67
    Out of Stock
    Add to Cart






    Liga Privada T52 Corona Doble (Single Stick)

    Liga Privada T52 Corona Doble - 5 1/4 x 54 (Single Stick)
    Price: $10.32
    Out of Stock
    Add to Cart




    Liga Privada T52 Corona Doble (Try 5)

    Liga Privada T52 Corona Doble - 5 1/4 x 54 (Try 5)
    Price: $47.92
    Out of Stock
    Add to Cart

  9. #24

    Alpha Puffer Fish FiveStar's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Well translated Saul!

    I love the idea of Stalk Cut US grown Habano. I've been a part of stalk cutting tobaccy, and can't imagine how much waste much go into getting consistency out of wrapper leaf done this way. I really need to find some of these somewhere! Love the LP9's, and the T52's seem like a very exclusive (and rightfully so) step up.

    Edit: More on this idea of Stalk Cut wrapper leaf. So when a tobaccy plant is harvested via a "stalk cut" method, the entire plant is hacked down with a hatchet-like device that's called a tobacco knife, and the stalk is pierced through the stalk with a stake and hung to dry and cure. This leaves the graders with several set grades and sizes of leaves starting with the lowest quality at the bottom (and the largest leaves) and working up to the smallest and strongest leaves at the top. It seems to me that in searching for wrapper leaf, the blender would find a "priming" somewhere along this gradient of top to bottom that would suit both appearance, flavor, and elasticity characteristics the were looking for, and the remainder of the leaves on that stalk wouldn't be fit for more than filler.

    The way baccy is harvested for most cigars is by picking leaves while the plant is still in the ground as they mature. You still have different grades of leaf as the harvest progresses, but they're based on time spent in the sun and can be allowed to mature and grow over time to suit different uses in the cigar making process....

    So it kinda makes sense to me that these cigars are so limited and expensive. I guess I at least like the idea of this tobaccy, it's US origin, and it's limited availability based on processing translating into increased cost. So many cigars seem expensive based on rarity or hype, it's nice to see truly limiting factors playing into a cigars cost rather than pure marketing B.S. Of course, whose to say this isn't a line of crap! Still, having tasted the "proof in the pudding" with the LP9, I'm on the trail of a few of these T52's...
    Last edited by FiveStar; 08-29-2010 at 08:59 PM.

  10. #25

    Up on One ckay's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Forgot the belicoso is joining the roster, although I don't understand the size. A tapered cap toro!

  11. #26

    Puffer Fish with many spikes seegarfan's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
    Well translated Saul!

    I love the idea of Stalk Cut US grown Habano. I've been a part of stalk cutting tobaccy, and can't imagine how much waste much go into getting consistency out of wrapper leaf done this way. I really need to find some of these somewhere! Love the LP9's, and the T52's seem like a very exclusive (and rightfully so) step up.

    Edit: More on this idea of Stalk Cut wrapper leaf. So when a tobaccy plant is harvested via a "stalk cut" method, the entire plant is hacked down with a hatchet-like device that's called a tobacco knife, and the stalk is pierced through the stalk with a stake and hung to dry and cure. This leaves the graders with several set grades and sizes of leaves starting with the lowest quality at the bottom (and the largest leaves) and working up to the smallest and strongest leaves at the top. It seems to me that in searching for wrapper leaf, the blender would find a "priming" somewhere along this gradient of top to bottom that would suit both appearance, flavor, and elasticity characteristics the were looking for, and the remainder of the leaves on that stalk wouldn't be fit for more than filler.

    The way baccy is harvested for most cigars is by picking leaves while the plant is still in the ground as they mature. You still have different grades of leaf as the harvest progresses, but they're based on time spent in the sun and can be allowed to mature and grow over time to suit different uses in the cigar making process....

    So it kinda makes sense to me that these cigars are so limited and expensive. I guess I at least like the idea of this tobaccy, it's US origin, and it's limited availability based on processing translating into increased cost. So many cigars seem expensive based on rarity or hype, it's nice to see truly limiting factors playing into a cigars cost rather than pure marketing B.S. Of course, whose to say this isn't a line of crap! Still, having tasted the "proof in the pudding" with the LP9, I'm on the trail of a few of these T52's...
    Thanks Landis for explaining "Stalk Cut". My friend and I were wondering about this the other day.

    Mark
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you believe criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because the neighbors have too many kids.

  12. #27

    Full grown Puffer Fish preston's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    gonna be a bit before you see any sizes other then the toro and robusto available anywhere. they are new sizes announced at the ipcpr/de blog... as well as the flying pig t-52.

    in the realm of lp9 the belicoso is the best stick imo, slight differences in each size, and the belicoso and toro (parejo) where the original blends that really show off the lines flavor. i expect the toro t-52 and belicos t-52 will be similar in that manner

  13. #28

    Money Never Sleeps Habano's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    I've heard many good things about this cigar. As you can see this is on my wishlist to try out someday. Love the pics!

  14. #29

    Diver Turtle's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    Just had another one last night - one of the gents I play poker with is probably the most generous man in the world. Done well for himself and he just loves handing out quality cigars and watching folks who understand enjoy them. And, well you know me, don't want to disappoint, so I'll go through the hassle of *having* to smoke a T52.. shucks.

    He's already chatting about the Dirty Rats... yum.

  15. #30

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader ca21455's Avatar


     

    Re: Liga Privada T-52

    That is an excellent smoke. The thing that surprises me is it comes from Drew Estate and it is really nothing like any of there other cigars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •