Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cigar Factory New Orleans

This is a discussion on Cigar Factory New Orleans within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; I meant to take a pic of my mini haul but was so tired after a full day of flying ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jswaykos's Avatar

Cigar Factory New Orleans

I meant to take a pic of my mini haul but was so tired after a full day of flying home that I put them all away. I picked up six Tres Hermanos Numero Tres, and four Plantation Reserve robustos. Can't wait for them to rest!

Talk about a bizarre experience, though. It was awesome to see the cigars being rolled in person, but it was far more humid outside of the shop/walk-in humidor than it was INSIDE! Crazy.

Here's a pic of a roller in action:

Re: Cigar Factory New Orleans

thats cool I want to watch a few hand mades being rolled. We have someone who rolls in a local b&m but he is never there when I go .... and I am scared t go to often and buy too much.

Its funny how the "non southerners" can't understand our humidity. Its usally pretty high here. Thats why some "B&Ms" in NOLA get away with no humidification in the humidors. The Cigar factory has a true huimdor for buying and one up stairs for aging.

Smoke a Tres Hermanos now and one in about 6-8 months.... nice smoke!!

Its truly a treat to watch them roll and roll! The cool part is watching the little woman roll the big 60rg smokes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Its funny how the "non southerners" can't understand our humidity. Its usally pretty high here. Thats why some "B&Ms" in NOLA get away with no humidification in the humidors. The Cigar factory has a true huimdor for buying and one up stairs for aging.

Smoke a Tres Hermanos now and one in about 6-8 months.... nice smoke!!

Its truly a treat to watch them roll and roll! The cool part is watching the little woman roll the big 60rg smokes!!!
    I used to live in Virginia and my folks live in Mississippi, so I've experienced the humidity before, but I've been in San Diego for almost six years now and haven't left in the summers. The 85% rh in New Orleans smacked me in the face last week!!

There are a TON of "B+Ms" on NOLA, a lot of which didn't seem to pay much attention to rh for the sticks being sold. At least they wouldn't be dry, I suppose.

And as for the Tres Hermanos, I think I'll light one up this weekend, and then put them in the back of my rotation to see the change.

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

Yeah nothing like walking outside from a house with AC, your glasses/sunglasses fog up almost instantly. It's like walking into a wall of mist.

That musta been one heck of an experience. Do they give out samples like they do at beer factories?
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    Yeah nothing like walking outside from a house with AC, your glasses/sunglasses fog up almost instantly. It's like walking into a wall of mist.

That musta been one heck of an experience. Do they give out samples like they do at beer factories?
    I don't think they gave out samples, though I didn't think to ask. Very cool place, though, and very helpful people inside, too. Very quick to help with pricing, selection, etc. Very knowledgeable, it seemed. I will definitely stop in there every time I'm in NOLA from now on, and everytime my folks venture out there I'm putting in an order! The one on Decatur is the one to visit. The store front on Bourbon is just that - very small, one roller, not as cool.