Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Favorite Cigar tools

This is a discussion on Favorite Cigar tools within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Pics of my fav. tools ,what tools do you like colibri boss 2 Torch Lighter Bugatti B-1 Torch Lighter colibri ...

Alpha Puffer Fish lukesparksoff's Avatar

Favorite Cigar tools

Pics of my fav. tools ,what tools do you like

colibri boss 2 Torch Lighter
    Bugatti B-1 Torch Lighter
    colibri enterprise triple torch lighter
    Xikar Xi2 Cutter - Blue Fiberglass
    colibri stainless steal Guillotine Cutter
    Xikar MTX Bead Blast Cutter MTX MULTI TOOL
    Last edited by lukesparksoff; 02-10-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    "A wisely chosen cigar, to me, is like a weapon against certain of life’s torments; in some mysterious way, a little blue smoke chases them away." Zino Davidoff

Re: Favorite Cigar tools

A+ for great composition in your photos.

D- for execution of focus....

Thanks for sharing though

What tools do I like?

I like yours! Sendem on over!

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jswaykos's Avatar

Don't have pics handy but I'm loving my new Xikar Exodus! That thing is sweet. I've got a nice cutter but I'm not sure of the brand. It was gifted to me from my mother-in-law from a local shop near where they live. It's SOLID, somewhat heavy in hand, and cost $30ish dollars.

So, yeah.

I've been looking at the Xi2 cutters, how do you like them? Any reason NOT to save a few bucks over the Xi1 or Xi3? I also think about getting that multi-tool every time it pops on the Monster!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Skip the cigar tools, I'll take what's in the background of the photos!!!
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish youngstogiesmoker's Avatar

I like to keep it simple

Wolf v-cutter
    bic lighter
    beautiful stick
    To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bits. Eat in excess. Drink in excess. Smoke in excess. Moderation is for monks.

Scotch & Cigars

Alpha Puffer Fish lukesparksoff's Avatar

nice cutter I like the small ring gauge it keeps that new guy from chopping a inch off of a good cigar
    "A wisely chosen cigar, to me, is like a weapon against certain of life’s torments; in some mysterious way, a little blue smoke chases them away." Zino Davidoff

Don't call it a comeback hoosiers2006's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dj1340 View Post
    Skip the cigar tools, I'll take what's in the background of the photos!!!

Now thats what I call attention to detail!

My favorite tool would be my Xikar MTSC Scissors. Great everytime.
    Pic is Reds owner Bob Castellini enjoying a cigar in the clubhouse after winning the division. Take that statewide smoking ban!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Frodo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jswaykos View Post
    I've been looking at the Xi2 cutters, how do you like them? Any reason NOT to save a few bucks over the Xi1 or Xi3?
    The only complaints I've heard of regarding Xikar cutters have to do with the Xi2 models. For $5 more I would get the Palio over the Xi2, or if you had the coin, one of the less fancy Xi3 models which can cut up to 58rg (54 for Xi1 & 2 & Palio).

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jswaykos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The only complaints I've heard of regarding Xikar cutters have to do with the Xi2 models. For $5 more I would get the Palio over the Xi2, or if you had the coin, one of the less fancy Xi3 models which can cut up to 58rg (54 for Xi1 & 2 & Palio).
    It's not the money itself that's an issue, it's the principal of paying extra of what seems like the exact same cutter, just a different material handle. Perhaps that's not the only difference, I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by jswaykos View Post
    It's not the money itself that's an issue, it's the principal of paying extra of what seems like the exact same cutter, just a different material handle. Perhaps that's not the only difference, I take it?

The complaints I've heard of are that the rivits pop out occasionally if the cutter gets dropped on the ground.

The other difference (I own the Xi1 & a Palio) is that they work a bit differently. Palio is a typical guillotine cutter whereas the Xikar is a teardrop cutter. They use different pressure points on your hand when cutting. The Xikar is more comfortable for me so I use it almost exclusivly.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

[QUOTE=fiddlegrin;3079282]A+ for great composition in your photos.

D- for execution of focus....

Thanks for sharing though

What tools do I like?

I like yours! Sendem on over!

++++++++++++++++1

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

BHS

No problems with my X2. All I need is that and a torch lighter. I used to rock Bics and always said...what do I need a torch for....Bic works fine. Well that was until I tried a triple flame torch. Let's just say I haven't picked up a Bic since. In fact I will go out of my way to go get my torch instead of using anything else. It is such a cleaner light.

ohhh....and a deep well ashtray. Can't go without that.

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

Straighten out a portion of one of these (large size) to use as a draw tool. My overall favorite!

"I'll Buy That For A Dollar"

Quote Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
    Straighten out a portion of one of these (large size) to use as a draw tool. My overall favorite!

I used to use one of those, but after using Boom's draw tool I never went back. Never regretted that purchase...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast