Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Beauty and the Beast..my humidors.

This is a discussion on Beauty and the Beast..my humidors. within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; So..I've been shopping for a new large humidor,and as I looked..I said to the salesperson.. "This fancy-schmancy wood/glass cabinet doesn't ...

Press the button Max! Breakaway500's Avatar

Beauty and the Beast..my humidors.

So..I've been shopping for a new large humidor,and as I looked..I said to the salesperson..
    "This fancy-schmancy wood/glass cabinet doesn't seal any better than my shop paint locker"..and it hit me.
    Why not use a storage cabinet that does not cost a thousand bucks?
    The steel cabinet was purchased for $125 at Sams club.

Some 1" magnetic strips seal the doors like a vault,and with the use of some super weather strip adhesive to seal on one surface,they work perfect.
    The outer surface of the magnetic tape was sticky,so I stuck some cigar bands on for laughs.
    The automatic Humidifier works effortlessly to keep the interior at whatever humidity I desire,and in one week has used barely any water.
    I have another RH meter on the top shelf and it reads the same as the control unit.

The magic box...

The goodies..

My first humidor..I use as a dry box,and a kind of quick grab box..

It stays about 55% humidity with beads.

I have about $350 total into the Beast,and it holds as much,if not more,than the fancy units I was looking at that cost well over a grand.

It's not pretty,but I am probably the only one that will ever see it.(except for you-all)

I like to think of myself as thrifty,not cheap....
    Last edited by Breakaway500; 01-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    When I think of all the good times that I've wasted..having good times...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Re: Beauty and the Beast..my humidors.

I love it. That's got to hold as much as 4 giant coolers, if not more.

Awesome.

awesome setup!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

That's a great idea. Really the only thing you need is something that seals with cigar boxes in it. Some of the humidors look really nice, but if you want to put your money into the smokes, you can't go wrong with just a regular cabinet and a humidifier.

Nice work!

I think of it as cost effective not cheap.
    Boycotting Dr. Pepper cause they killed Dublin Dr.Pepper

Maturing Puffer Fish CardinalsFan's Avatar

Well done...

No longer a community member.

Way kool!! Awesome idea!!

Nice work, Looks like you can fit a stick or two in there! very cool

Wow, you must not even need to go to you local B&M with all those cigars, looks awesome.

By the way, I can tell your thrifty by the PMC ammo to the left of your humidor , it's good stuff to practice with...
    Last edited by Phantasos; 01-08-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Press the button Max! Breakaway500's Avatar

Thanks all.The money I saved put a few of those boxes on the shelves,and that's what it really is all about.Chrome don't get you home
    The inexpensive PMC ammo shoots the tightest groups and has the least malfunctions out of some of my pistols.Just because you spend more does not always mean you get more.I will try a few hundred rounds of different ammo through a pistol before I can tell what it prefers.I feed my firearms what they like. (me too...)
    I don't have a local B&M..I am out in the willy-wags,so I have to be my own B&M.
    When I think of all the good times that I've wasted..having good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway500 View Post
    Thanks all.The money I saved put a few of those boxes on the shelves,and that's what it really is all about.Chrome don't get you home
    The inexpensive PMC ammo shoots the tightest groups and has the least malfunctions out of some of my pistols.Just because you spend more does not always mean you get more.I will try a few hundred rounds of different ammo through a pistol before I can tell what it prefers.I feed my firearms what they like. (me too...)
    I don't have a local B&M..I am out in the willy-wags,so I have to be my own B&M.
    I use PMC on most of my 556, price is great and I get very good shot groups as well....

Good thinking! I love seeing unique humidor setups. I like the bands bordering the cabinet, too. Great job!

That is amazing man, I love to see people take a commercial cost and throw it to the wind. Well freaking done man! And what a nice little stash too!
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

Puffer Fish with some spikes canuck2099's Avatar

Great looking setup. Nice looking safe to the right as well !

Scotch & Cigars

Very nice man, love it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast