Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My KL setup for Donovan

This is a discussion on My KL setup for Donovan within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; $4 container from Walmart One mesh baggie and one chunk of cedar inside, both my tupperware containers are like this ...

My KL setup for Donovan

$4 container from Walmart

One mesh baggie and one chunk of cedar inside, both my tupperware containers are like this

Also use one mesh baggie in both of my 20-count humidors

My standup humi just to give you an idea of the three trays (with awesome Tritones ashtray on top!)

With bottom tray pulled out, four baggies of KL fit perfectly

You can barely tell the baggies are in the humi with the bottom tray in

Re: My KL setup for Donovan

Hey man that does not look too good, send it over to my place and Ill dispose of it properly haha. Awesome looking 3 tier humidor man Im a fan of it, and arent those carbon bags awesome? I picked up 10 of them at pet smart for 89 cents a piece! Pet stores are now going to have a smoking section!

Quote Originally Posted by obleedo View Post
    Hey man that does not look too good, send it over to my place and Ill dispose of it properly haha. Awesome looking 3 tier humidor man Im a fan of it, and arent those carbon bags awesome? I picked up 10 of them at pet smart for 89 cents a piece! Pet stores are now going to have a smoking section!
    The bags are a steal at 89 cents!

And yeah, the humi was a gift from my wife. Probably not my first choice if I was buying for myself, but I sealed the inside with silicone and made sure I seasoned it properly, and it's been doing it's job just fine. Plus she's happy because she contributed to my hobby... So I can't complain one bit!

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Thanks for the great pictures Andrew! I definitely have a better idea now. One of my humis is similar to yours and the other is quite a bit more shallow. I love the look of that tupperdor there for $4. Where did you get that chunk of spanish cedar? I could definitely use some! Haven't had a chance to get to the lumber yard just yet.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

That's very cool. I use to use those bags in my fish tank filters.
    Guess where I am going tomorrow.
    Thanks for posting pics.

Very nice Andrew. I might have spotted some cigars that I want to smoke.....

Quote Originally Posted by donovanrichardson View Post
    Where did you get that chunk of spanish cedar? I could definitely use some!
    The cedar is actually dividers from trays. I had no use for them in the humi so I popped them in the tupperware.

Quote Originally Posted by Reino View Post
    That's very cool. I use to use those bags in my fish tank filters.
    Guess where I am going tomorrow.
    Thanks for posting pics.
    I bought an 8lb jug of KL and 10 of the baggies at the same time. The cashier said, "Do you need to buy carbon for the bags?" I gave her a funny look and said, "No, they're for the litter."

She didn't say anything else to me. I'm hoping she went home that night dumbfounded over why I would put KL in my fishtank.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    The cedar is actually dividers from trays. I had no use for them in the humi so I popped them in the tupperware.
    Ah, very nice my man! I still need to get a box or something that I can bust up and place in there. I mean, I should be able to hold humidity alright without it but otherwise I would love to get a hunk of spanish cedar to help things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Batista30 View Post
    Very nice Andrew. I might have spotted some cigars that I want to smoke.....
    You can't tell in the picture, but as I rotate from top to bottom so my oldest stuff is in the bottom tray where it's easy to grab, rested and ready to smoke, there's a Flying Pig, Pepin Black, Oliva V and Nub Habano... And buried underneath those are a few other cigars I seem to remember coming in a bomb from somebody named Veeral.

I'm still awaiting the piece de resistance so I can finalize a trade with you.

Good work Andrew and the pics make it really easy to see how you did your setup with the kitty liter.

Looks good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by donovanrichardson View Post
    Ah, very nice my man! I still need to get a box or something that I can bust up and place in there. I mean, I should be able to hold humidity alright without it but otherwise I would love to get a hunk of spanish cedar to help things out.
    Speaking of, if you order something from Mike's you can get up to 3 boxes free. You have to pay shipping but it's only an additional $2.50 per box, so maybe next time you're looking for a 5er you can call them and tell them what you're looking for. For the price of one more stick you could have more than enough cedar to do what you wanted with.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Good work Andrew and the pics make it really easy to see how you did your setup with the kitty liter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MATADOR View Post
    Looks good buddy
    Thanks guys! I'm still amazed at how easy it is to maintain exactly the rh% I want, and with the mesh bags the whole process is no fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Speaking of, if you order something from Mike's you can get up to 3 boxes free. You have to pay shipping but it's only an additional $2.50 per box, so maybe next time you're looking for a 5er you can call them and tell them what you're looking for. For the price of one more stick you could have more than enough cedar to do what you wanted with.
    Well another newb question for you Andy haha, what is Mike's? I should know but I don't lol! But that is a great deal, one box would do the trick!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast