Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Man Cave & Shop

This is a discussion on My Man Cave & Shop within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; I finally beginning cleaning the inside of my shop building. This will be a slow process...but rewarding in the end. ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Re: My Man Cave & Shop

I finally beginning cleaning the inside of my shop building. This will be a slow process...but rewarding in the end.

I started with the most important room, the Pisser! It is simple, made for a man...and now clean. I don't think anyone want's to see photos of a urinal...

As of right now, the goal is getting all of my junk (not what's seen in the earlier photos, as that is the home seller's "stuff"...but I had filled it with my own) up into the existing lofts and pushed over to one side so I can begin to set up my shop.

Construction has not begun on anything yet as I am still waiting on payment from some architecture work that I completed awhile back...it seems they forgot how to write a check to pay me! But, hopefully it will come soon and I can get the "construction" part started...but I have a mess to clean up first!

Stay tuned...
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Looking forward to following this Tommy. Wish I could break the thing in when you get it finished, it'll be sweet I'm sure!

Disinterested

Looks like you're off and running Tommy. Great start! BTW, "pisser"? I can't seem to find that in The Dictionary of Common Architectural Terms...

Big Country Flavor Marlboro Cigars's Avatar

Good luck on the project; can't wait to see how it turns out.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

looks like you are moving right along with your project! i cant wait to see some pictures!

Maturing Puffer Fish

looks like a great building...look forward to seeing the results as your hard work pays off for you! Cheers

Puffer Fish with some spikes LLave's Avatar

That is awesome! I am jealous. Good luck with your man habitat construction.

Thanks guys...!

Cleaning is moving along nicely, but I have some more "junk" to hide up on the existing lofts before I take my first round of photos. My intent at this point is to get my shop area set up, work benches in place and power tools all set up. Then it's off to doing some "honey-do's" like hanging shelves, etc in our home. I am also on the lookout for building materials but will be slow as funds are null right now! But, I think everyone knows how broke most of us are these great days of "Change"!

Hopefully, I can get it to the point of being willing to take some interior shots...

113011 UPDATE

Finally, I have begun to move on this project. Below is a quick "Material Drawing" so I can count down to the screw & board of what I need to purchase and for cost estimating purposes.

I will be making a trip to the local lumber supply THIS WEEK to pick up the bulk of what is needed so I can begin construction soon.

A little DWG for your viewing pleasure...if it even makes sense to anyone!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Party at Tommy's! Looks great bro, hope everything is great as well. Haven't talked to ya in a while!

122811 Update

I have begun work on the Boars Nest and I have made a lot of progress...considering that I don't get much time on the project with all that goes on in life. Nonetheless, here is a shot from back on 113011, I had begun to move all of my junk around at that point. Most of what you see in this pic has been moved (and new junk has been put in it's place as I build around the furniture and goods for the man cave and shop area.

At this time, I have many walls framed. Last night I picked up a small load of old paneling that had been pulled out of a tear down project. I will try to get some photos of where I am at tonight. Below is a shot that I took just last night of my son. Charlie was "removing some existing metal screws that his Daddy was not able to budge"...I love my little helper! Not much to see here...but he is removing some existing metal outlet box clips as I will be rerouting much of the wiring to fit within the new wooden structure.

More pics and update to come soon!

(Sorry for the blurry pics...my phone camera is not that great at times!)

011612 UPDATE

OK fellas...this build is beginning to take some shape! The first photo below of the Boars Nest is one end of the room (the room ended up being 12'x22') that contains a couple built ins. To the left, is a gun display cabinet that I am building into the wall. Just to it's right is a gun safe that will be used as an ammo safe and is also mounted in the wall and up off the floor (to make it easier to get into by myself (I'm getting old!). Now, I know what some of you might think...what in the world am I doing showing this stuff online...well, once it is completed...and if anyone ever decides to break into the joint and try to steal anything...well, let's just say they won't be leaving with anything short of a new life...up or down! If you don't know what that means...just know that everything will be locked into place, and the security system in this building is top notch...as I used to be in the security business...

Anyway, once this will be completed, this wall will be finished in "rescued"m 2x6's salvaged from old boat docks and piers. I hope to get a lot of it done this week...we will see!

Next photo is where I spent most of my weekend. In this photo (the opposite side of the room), I have built a surround to surround a 60" HDTV (center opening), a huge stack of audio/video equipment (top left opening), a powered sub (bottom left opening), my EdgeStar Wineador (top right opening, my most important piece on this side of the room...cigar humidor!) and a mini-fridge (bottom right opening) for root beer & BEER! Each piece will fit snugly into it's space to (hopefully) have a clean (but rustic) finish in the room. There is a 3'Dx12'W shelf on top of all of this for speakers and decor. This has also all been built (aesthetically) from salvaged boat docks/piers. I still have a little work to do in this area...but it should be finished soon!

That's all I have to show for now. I apologize for the "bad" photos, buts it's the best I can do with my phone's camera. I'll try to drag my wifes DSLR in there soon and take some better photos.

So far, I have really enjoyed creating this space...and I can hardly wait until I get to officially light up a cigar and/or pipe in my Boars Nest!

Thanks for following...

lookin good.. gonna be one hell of a man cave!!

Quote Originally Posted by CigarSnWhiskeY View Post
    lookin good.. gonna be one hell of a man cave!!
    Thanks Paul!

I did some more work last night...but not much to show. I will try and take some better photos this week and get them added...

Full grown Puffer Fish

looking good mate. That place is going to be cracking!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast