Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Man Cave & Shop

This is a discussion on My Man Cave & Shop within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; I expect to take some "better" photos of the progress tonight...HOLD ME TO IT! @ Booyaa...thanks Dave!...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Re: My Man Cave & Shop

I expect to take some "better" photos of the progress tonight...HOLD ME TO IT!

@ Booyaa...thanks Dave!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

011812 UPDATE

Here are some photos taken with a better camera...from last night.

Standing inside the Boars Nest...looking out into the "soon to be" shop area (see two small framed areas for windows)

Existing exterior window

Looking from where the TV will sit to "gun area" of room

Looking into Boars Nest from shop area

Looking through the Boars Nest door (& wall) into the "gun area"

Close up of the "under construction" in wall gun cabinet and ammo safe

Shot of the "entertainment area"...almost completed (notice there is currently no ceiling, that will come eventually)

Last edited by quo155; 01-18-2012 at 10:08 AM.

011812 UPDATE - CONT.

Shot of what the salvaged wood next to the soon to be installed salvaged paneling will look like (this room is to look rustic...NOTHING fancy!)

Another shot of paneling next to old wood (the paneling is just sitting there at the moment...as I am not ready to hang it) and how the old wood will be running behind the wood burning stove (heat source)

Tommy, this build is looking great. Nice work!
    Anejo Time!

Thanks Chad!

I have not been able to do anything to this place in over a week now. Hopefully, I can get out there and bang some nails this weekend...hoping!

You're doing a hell of a job Tommy, the weathered wood adds a nice touch to the atmosphere.

Might have to come out west to do some inspections for y'all, just to keep you on the right track...lol!!

Keep us posted on this great project!
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Nice Tommy! Crazy looking at beginning and then most recent pics; completely different. You should just start a Man-Cave design-n-build business.

No longer a community member.

Looks AMAZING. Will you be doing anything with that sweet looking loft up there? I wish I had a space like that. I agree with lostdog, you probably could make good money designing these for people. Keep us posted, I am curious to see how this comes out!

Thanks guys for the kind words!

I got a lot done this weekend but have not taken any photos. I will try to get some taken tonight and posted tomorrow...as I completed (other than doors) the gun cabinet. I have to say that this gun cabinet has to be my favorite "job" ever...I love how it turned out, not perfect by any means...but rough and exactly what I wanted. Photos to come soon.

This project, just like any "man's" project that must be scheduled around kid's games, time with family, church events, etc...seems to be dragging this on forever for me...but in the end, I will have a place that I can sit in my recliner, watch an old western (in THX!) without disturbing anyone...and while smoking a cigar! I can't wait!!!

Stay tuned...

UPDATE 013112

Bad photos...my phone still sucks at taking photos, but I am always too lazy to head in the house and grab the real camera!

Below are two shots of this past weekend's "project" where I "almost" completed my in wall gun cabinet. It is actually done, except for installing a light fixture up top and building the two doors...some other day!

I hope to get the paneling up this week...I will get some better photos asap...

Thanks for looking!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Where's the gun cabinet? Is it behind that pipe stand?

No longer a community member.

Looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    Where's the gun cabinet? Is it behind that pipe stand?
    Funny! Yes, the guns will be hidden behind the LARGE pipe stand! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rock View Post
    You're doing a hell of a job Tommy, the weathered wood adds a nice touch to the atmosphere.

Might have to come out west to do some inspections for y'all, just to keep you on the right track...lol!!

Keep us posted on this great project!
    Thanks! I don't think this place would pass any codes! I may be an architect and engineered everything myself...but since I am in the "country"...I followed NO CODES! (Except for structural stability!) However...come on! You...and anyone from Puff is always welcome in East Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by lostdog13 View Post
    Nice Tommy! Crazy looking at beginning and then most recent pics; completely different. You should just start a Man-Cave design-n-build business.
    Thanks brother! I can't wait to see what it will end up looking like...but it will be rugged!

Quote Originally Posted by talidin View Post
    Looks amazing!
    Thanks brother!!!

Looks great! I only hope you do not cover that old wood. I gives character to the joint!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Thanks Bruce...!

I would never cover the old wood...with anything! It's not only part of the build, but it is "the look" I was going for...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast