Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New Davidoff's

This is a discussion on New Davidoff's within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish php007's Avatar

New Davidoff's

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

Re: New Davidoff's

I do love my Davidoff and those do look tasty.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

No longer a community member.

Wow! I love a good Davidoff. Bet that was a million dollars, though. LOL!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Have yet to try a davidoff but they sure do look sexy.
    “Yes, my good man I’ll have the milk steak, boiled over hard, and your finest jelly beans ... raw.” . . . Charlie

A very nice box indeed & I would expect you will smoke them whilst following Davidoff's rules.

Don't –

Use a penknife to cut or pierce the end of the cigar.
    Touch the flame directly to the foot of the cigar, simply rotate it around the edge instead, until it begins to burn, and then puff on it lightly.
    Lighting a cigar should be a personal experience; never ask someone else for a light.
    Light your cigar too slowly or too quickly.
    Indulge in exhibitionism, whether you are lighting or smoking your cigar.
    Relight your cigar if less than one quarter of it is leaf.
    Put the cigar in your mouth to relight it.
    Simply scrape off the excess ash and turn the cigar in the flame for several seconds until it relights.
    Clench your cigar between your teeth.
    Wet the end of your cigar. Don’t chew it, or slobber on it either.
    Smoke too quickly.
    Ever use a cigar holder.
    Stick a toothpick or matchstick in the end of the cigar to help hold it in your mouth.
    Dip your cigar in port or brandy, a habit attributed to Winston Churchill.
    Smoke whilst working.
    Hold a cigar between your index and middle finger; always between thumb and index finger.
    Smoke whilst walking in public.
    Smoke more than half the cigar.
    Put the cigar out by crushing it in an ashtray. Let your cigar die a natural death.
    Chain-smoke cigars.

Do’s –

Warm the foot of the cigar slightly before starting to puff on it.
    Remove the band carefully after lighting the cigar. It should only take a minute for the gum on the cigar band to be sufficiently warm to remove the band with ease.
    Take your time smoking your cigar, a puff a minute is about right.
    Hold the cigar between your index finger and your thumb, not between your index finger and middle finger.
    Allow the cigar to die a dignified death; after it's smoked halfway, it will go out on its own.
    Dispose of a dead cigar discreetly and quickly.
    Wait at least 15 minutes between cigars as anything less indicates obsessive behavior.
    It is important to remember that cigar smokers should always present themselves as considerate, understanding people. Altering non-cigar smokers’ preconceived opinions about cigar smokers, whilst improving the good name of enthusiasts, is well worth that little extra effort to be courteous.
    I agree with few of these rules but mostly with the last statement there.

As to the one in red, be sure not to engage in exhibitionism (Unless you are using a Davidoff product to do so) LOL.

Last edited by Tashaz; 09-13-2011 at 06:21 AM.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Mine eyes...they are dazzled by the intensity of the aura that exude from these...I must have them...
    A lot of problems in the world can be solved if everyone takes the time to relax and have a cigar.

Actually PhP my post here was unjust to you. Enjoy your smokes & they indeed are superb. My dislike for the current Davidoff marketing has shown here but it should in no way lessen your enjoyment of what you like. My apologies.

Sweet!

Sssssssssssssssssssssssss cartey's Avatar

How do you say Davidoff?
    In the video he says da-vid-off, but I've always thought David-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Actually PhP my post here was unjust to you. Enjoy your smokes & they indeed are superb. My dislike for the current Davidoff marketing has shown here but it should in no way lessen your enjoyment of what you like. My apologies.
    No apologies required, I don't care for there marketing either. But I do love their Limited Edition cigars. I have almost all the Limited Editions starting in 2000 till now.

Quote Originally Posted by php007 View Post
    No apologies required, I don't care for there marketing either. But I do love their Limited Edition cigars. I have almost all the Limited Editions starting in 2000 till now.
    Wow! That must be a collection to admire methinks. Nice.

Full grown Puffer Fish Beer Alchemist's Avatar

Looks like you have to post on the cigar box thread now. I really want to try a Davidoff out of curiosity; however, that'd be like handing a bottle of Cantillon to someone who has only had a couple lambics in their life.

I highly recomend the 2009 Limited Edition 702. They can be had for around $26 each. I know that's pricey but it's a really great cigar with lost of flavor. Do quick google search.

Quote Originally Posted by php007 View Post
    I highly recomend the 2009 Limited Edition 702. They can be had for around $26 each. I know that's pricey but it's a really great cigar with lost of flavor. Do quick google search.
    Have not had the 702 but love the Panatela Extra.
    A lot of problems in the world can be solved if everyone takes the time to relax and have a cigar.