Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Padilla Black Bear '68

This is a discussion on Padilla Black Bear '68 within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; I am fortunate enough to have a great friend and a great BOTL who stopped by tonite. He has 8 ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

Padilla Black Bear '68

I am fortunate enough to have a great friend and a great BOTL who stopped by tonite. He has 8 more of these, and to my understanding they have been discontinued. That is unfortunate. Because, this is a great smoke. No burn issues, no harshness...just a very solid smoke...that lasted over 2 hrs.

Very strong beautiful ash. Lots of very flavorful smoke.

When I get to this point in an ash, I ask myself..."do I tap it or see how far I can take it"

I choose the latter, it got almost to the band before it fell off in my lap.

When it did, I just picked it up and put it in the ash tray. Very well put together cigar...with about 8 months of rest on it. If you can get your hands on one of these, do it. You might not like it, but I surely did.

Playing with the camera on my new MyTouch 4G phone.
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Young Puffer Fish rabidsquirrelOG's Avatar

Re: Padilla Black Bear '68

These are great cigars... I just smoked one the other day (Only one I snagged from C-Bid to try) and they are freaking good. I shall be acquiring more...

The Yellow Bears are even better, and luckily, I have 6~8 of those left. Great stick!

But you guys shouldn't buy them. You should leave them for me...

Young Fish

Re: Padilla Black Bear '68

Quote Originally Posted by mturnmm View Post
    Very well put together cigar...with about 8 months of rest on it. If you can get your hands on one of these, do it. You might not like it, but I surely did.
    I let mine rest ~3 months.
    I found the taste lacking complexity, but enjoyable.
    I've smoked seven so far and ran into burn issues requiring touch-ups.
    Pretty good value for the money.