Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Training in the middle of the woods?

This is a discussion on Training in the middle of the woods? within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; My friends said no matter how crappy the situation is, they know I'll find a way to sit down, light ...

ZK Master of Shenanigans kozzman555's Avatar

Training in the middle of the woods?

My friends said no matter how crappy the situation is, they know I'll find a way to sit down, light up a fat cigar and have a good time. I thought that was a pretty awesome compliment.

Background: I was with my company in VA, doing some training and brought my 70ct humidor along, as I was determined to light up some sticks when I could. Just thought I would share an interesting place to smoke a cigar....fighting (pretend) against my own guys. I wish I could get the pictures of me after they "killed" me. I think I was pretty convincing lol

pics 1-4. A guy dressed up like an afghani (kind of lol). I was playing OPFOR for a platoon in my company. And there's a pic with me and my m-4a1. And a seemingly normal Oakley M-Frame hard case is opened to reveal a pretty badass travel cigar holder. Holds 4-7 cigars, depending on size.

Please Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Training in the middle of the woods?-img_20110919_193033.jpg   Training in the middle of the woods?-img_20110917_183951.jpg   Training in the middle of the woods?-img_20110917_184055.jpg   Training in the middle of the woods?-img_20110915_201111.jpg  

Lil Fish w/ Explosives bombsquadmike007's Avatar

Re: Training in the middle of the woods?

This one of the things I will miss when I retire, I don't want to grow up and get a real job.

ZK Master of Shenanigans kozzman555's Avatar

Yeah, sometimes I can't imagine going out and being a civilian again. We get to screw around so much and do some cool stuff. Being able to do something simple, like smoke a cigar out in the middle of woods and shoot some guns is just so great. If only we could drink too lol

Talk about bring back some memories! One, over 30 years, Ft. Benning SERE Training, the outright enjoyment of kicking back, smoking a cigar or pipe full of Vaper and writing evaluations of recent class all the while trying not to include the hilarious (to us) antics of the students. The OPFOR may change, but the training will not!

Funny how I remember all the good times like they happened yesterday, remember the camaraderie, the esprite de corps and even the less than good times from the days of my service and do not remember what I had for lunch, yesterday!

I try to thank all those who serve, past and present, everyday, for the Freedoms enjoyed now and in the future.