Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Focus rant

This is a discussion on Focus rant within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Seriously, I know most pics of cigars are taken at close range, almost macro but why post a blurry pic? ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Vwluv10338's Avatar

Focus rant

Seriously, I know most pics of cigars are taken at close range, almost macro but why post a blurry pic? I mean do people take pics then see they are blurry and go "What the hell, I'll post this crappy pic anyway?" Photography is another hobby of mine so maybe I am more sensitive than others but is it just me or are other people bothered as well?

No longer a community member.

Re: Focus rant

Sorry I am guilty of this, I will try harder.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post

Sweet deck man

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Sorry I am guilty of this, I will try harder.

Thats all I ask. Like my parents would say, "As long as you did your best"

Quote Originally Posted by Vwluv10338 View Post
    Thats all I ask. Like my parents would say, "As long as you did your best"

Sometime it's the shear number of photos but lately the camera was on the wrong setting LOL I may be useless but as I said I will try

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Sometime it's the shear number of photos but lately the camera was on the wrong setting LOL I may be useless but as I said I will try
    Well I was going to save and post a bunch of out of focus pics from the forum but I decided I didnt want to call anyone out on it. I appreciate you stepping up and admitting you have a problem. Thats the first step to recovery.

Well I was going to save and post a bunch of out of focus pics from the forum but I decided I didnt want to call anyone out on it. I appreciate you stepping up and admitting you have a problem. Thats the first step to recovery.

During the last Rally for the troops I was doing everything I could even had a mini tripod and at least half were blurry. trust me I got plenty of crap for them

I think then it was like ten or more pictures a day plus several hours working the troops seriously I couldn't care less if someone was bothered by a few blurry pictures. LOL Now things are slower maybe I'll see if the thing came with directions in English LOL

Scotch & Cigars

some people have shitty cameras, some people are just shitty at taking pictures but I rather a review have blurry pictures than no pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    some people have shitty cameras, some people are just shitty at taking pictures but I rather a review have blurry pictures than no pictures

See that is where I think I disagree. I have read many reviews that are good with no pics. Then you read one and scroll down and go "great, there are pics" and you get a nice shot of someones deck (SEE ABOVE)

Puffer Fish with many spikes

See that is where I think I disagree. I have read many reviews that are good with no pics. Then you read one and scroll down and go "great, there are pics" and you get a nice shot of someones deck (SEE ABOVE)
    calm down there sparky, i was just kidding. i will make sure my pictures are up to your standards before i post them.

btw, thats not a picture of my deck.

I was kinda joking around to but seriously I would like to get better at my picture taking but the joke about directions was a personal joke as I have tried to read it and for the life of me I can't understand it crazy huh I could build you a house and can't figure the directions to my Canon SD950IS

The light spot that always appears is what drives me nut's, lights on lights off it just doesn't work. I was much better with a 35MM

I'm guilty of this and couldn't care less. I snap a pic with my crappy phone camera and use my photobucket app. So much faster than making a light box, buying a $1000 camera with tripod and transferring photos from camera to computer to photobucket to puff. I can do all of it on my phone on the fly to show I received a trade or proof that I actually bought a box in a box split.

If this was a photography site I'd understand your gripe but this is a cigar site and some people just don't care. (This guy)

If this was a photography forum, I would agree with you. However, not everyone knows how to use a camera properly on here, much less care. I have a Nikon D7000 and I use it all the time but sometimes it's just easier to show the cigar I'm smoking with my iPhone camera.

If you feel that passionate about it, why not start a thread showing people how you take pictures or maybe tips and tricks to taking close up shot without using a macro lens. You'd get better feedback that way.

Bottom line, we can't smoke a camera so 90% of the folks here could care less.
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    calm down there sparky, i was just kidding. i will make sure my pictures are up to your standards before i post them.

btw, thats not a picture of my deck.

I'm not upset. I know its hard to convey emotions on the net but I tried to use emotocons to get my feelings across. I started this thread in jest. I dont actually care I just think its funny when people post pics where you cant see what they are taking a pic of. Its not just here. I also think its funny on a car forum where someone wants help with a part and then posts a pic where you cant see the part in question but the driveway is crystal clear.

Just looking for a little conversation and trying to see if I am alone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast