Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Old Bullets and cigar boxes

This is a discussion on Old Bullets and cigar boxes within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; So I am an avid firearms collector and reloader. My dad is a collector of anything antique and is a ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Vwluv10338's Avatar

Old Bullets and cigar boxes

So I am an avid firearms collector and reloader. My dad is a collector of anything antique and is a flea market junkie. I mean up at 4am saturday and sunday to get to the deals. Anyway, so he likes to buy me stuff that I dont want all the time. Sometimes its great, sometimes its just. He just picked up a waffen stamped P38 for me this weekend but other times its just junk. Its funny because he will come over to show you something that he just bought and we humore him but then after he leaves you realize he left it here for us. I have a small house and dont have a lot of space for crap.
    So one day he comes over with a big score of reloading supplies. The problem is it seems like some old guy died and they cleaned out all his reloading crap. I got lots of boxes of old 30-06 brass from the 50s thats been reloaded who knows how many times. I dont reload 30-06 or any of the other calibers. I did however notice the cigar boxes. The White Owl seems older to me because it says blended with cuban tobacco. Pre '68? I also found a Monte box but that seems to be much newer. According to a quick search they started using "Totalmente a Mano" in '89. OUSC would be 08-1997 correct?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Quietville's Avatar

Re: Old Bullets and cigar boxes

Well, the blended with havana could mean post-embargo non-cuban blended with pre-embargo cuban...

Other than that, I have no idea.

Ten cent White Owls in a ten dollar box, even with the brass? Hope they are not Berdan primers
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Full grown Puffer Fish Vwluv10338's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Ten cent White Owls in a ten dollar box, even with the brass? Hope they are not Berdan primers
    No no. I dont know what the $10 was all about, or the 8mm since they are all 30-06. No berdan primers, mostly all Lake City. This is just part of a whole big box of stuff.