Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Today's tasty treats.

This is a discussion on Today's tasty treats. within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; 3 Fuente Anejo Sharks 3 Tatuaje Blacks 2 Ashton VSG Eclipse Tubos Lastly a box of Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial ...

Today's tasty treats.

3 Fuente Anejo Sharks
    3 Tatuaje Blacks

2 Ashton VSG Eclipse Tubos

Lastly a box of Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Limited Editions

A friend of mine bought a couple of the Jaime Garcia's and liked them better than the MyFather 2011 LE's.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Re: Today's tasty treats.

Very nice pick-ups.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Nice score. I've been meaning to try the Jaime Garcia's for some time now. Based on your friends recommendation, I think it's time to head to my local B&M where I know they have some. They never seem to have any anjeos though. I have only seen them there once in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
    Nice score. I've been meaning to try the Jaime Garcia's for some time now. Based on your friends recommendation, I think it's time to head to my local B&M where I know they have some. They never seem to have any anjeos though. I have only seen them there once in the last couple of years.
    You need to get to know your local tobaconnist. When I told him I was looking for more "rare" cigars then everyday smokes, he dug behind all the boxes on the shelf and pulled these out. These were the last 3. Dudes have the good stuff stashed at times.

Jaime Garcia has one called a Super Gordo that Jose Ortega told me about, I have one in my humi and I haven't tried it either. Check into that as well. My buddy who has been a cigar smoker for years said that LE Jaime Garcia hit him pretty hard. He had to eat, and then it hit him again

Cigar: Jaime Garcia Super Gordo
    Size: 5.75 x 66
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
    Binder: Nicaragua
    Filler: Nicaragua
    Strength: Medium/Full

Big ass cigar.

I've seen the super gordo on the shelves and thought it was pretty ridiculous. In a good way. Jaime Garcia is a serious name in cigars, so I know there's a real reason for the specific size other than the novelty aspect. I do like 'em strong so that sounds right up my alley.

I know the guys at my B&M and have been going there weekly for a couple of years. They don't seem like the type to hold anything back. One of the guys mentioned that they only get Anjeo's twice a year and only one or two boxes. When they get the Opus shipments, they are all laid out for anyone to paw through. They do have a couple of other branches that might have to share their allotment of the rarer stuff, which might explain the small quantity.

There is another shop I used to go to that I know gets the rare stuff but doesn't put it out. They used to, but it mysteriously stopped for some reason. Even though I did shop there frequently I never felt really comfortable since they are in a part of town that sees mostly higher end clientele, of which I am not.

I'm not really that hard up for the rare stuff anyway. I'm pretty happy with the smokes I found that suit my taste and when I occasionally come across something rare and/or exotic, I'm grateful for the chance to enjoy a special treat.

I think I will ask if there's any hidden goodies next visit though...

Puffer Fish with many spikes

man, you are building an army of wonderful smokes over there! nice pick up!