Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Short Story - Long Ash

This is a discussion on Short Story - Long Ash within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Originally Posted by neil i have a couple SS's im anxious to smoke! i always go to my longer smokes ...

Re: Short Story - Long Ash

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    i have a couple SS's im anxious to smoke! i always go to my longer smokes though since i dont really smoke if im in a hurry.
    These are well worth lighting up. As I've let mine rest, they've just gotten better and better.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.imagekind.com/artists/nealw6971

Quote Originally Posted by penguinshockey View Post
    I smoked one of those the other day and the ash didn't fall off until around 1 inch left. Of course i was outside with my dogs and no phone so nobody will believe it! You only need to ash a Short Story one time in my experience however.
    I'll have to do an empirical study on the ash consistency of these sticks as I work my way through mine. LOL

Thanks for the pic Neal. Ya gotta love some nice ash!

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Nice!

My luck it would have fallen into my lap way before 40minutes!
    That just gives you a reason to light up another one so that you can try for the super long ash!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpaul View Post
    Thanks for the pic Neal. Ya gotta love some nice ash!
    You know it brother.

Does a better cigar ash last longer then a lesser cigar?

Also what kind kind of cigar is that (name, and mild medium ect..)?

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by zhog79 View Post
    a longer ash means a more dense pack of tobacco, as well as a better roll. this is an arturo fuente short story maduro, IMO it is about a medium body smoke.

a longer ash means a more dense pack of tobacco, as well as a better roll. this is an arturo fuente short story maduro, IMO it is about a medium body smoke.
    What Neil said.

Great thanks for the information. I have smoked cigars for a while but never knew what i was smoking and now I am getting into it to learn all I can and start a collection.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Great thanks for the information. I have smoked cigars for a while but never knew what i was smoking and now I am getting into it to learn all I can and start a collection.

The Short Story maduro is kind of hard to find - they only produce them once in a while, and in fairly limited numbers.

The "regular" Short Story - natural wrapper - is pretty easy to find, mild-medium smoke, and very tasty. Well worth a try - very complex for a short smoke.

My personal tradition is to light them with only one standard match - a paper match or a small wooden one like cigar retailers often give away in boxes.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Disinterested

While construction and density indeed play a large role in ash, so does smoking pace; moreso actually. The faster (harder) you smoke a cigar the less air space is left inside the burned tobacco (ash) and therefore the more tenaciously it holds together.

I tend to smoke very slowly and so I rarely see an ash of more than a couple inches. Just because an ash plops off unpredictably, isn't necessarily a sign of poor construction.

Big Country Flavor Marlboro Cigars's Avatar

Beautiful pic of one of my faves; thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2