Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Cigar Room

This is a discussion on Cigar Room within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Suggestions... I can offer some opinions but I really like it and wish my wife would let me do something ...

  
  1. #16

    Leading Puffer Fish ShortFuse's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Suggestions... I can offer some opinions but I really like it and wish my wife would let me do something similar. I think a small credenza under the television would be nice to display some fine bottles as well as take away the need for the floating shelves. I for one think the stuff that comes off of the walls really makes the room feel smaller.

    You could also go with a relatively easy DIY project and get some cabinetry that you like and turn it into a liquor cabinet. Get a piece of marble, granite, or any kind of countertop you'd like and have it cut to fit on top so it completes the look. Doing something like that would solve your liquor storage issue and provide a fairly deep mantle for displaying your clocks and such.

    You might even think of putting a large decorative mirror behind the seating area. It would let you get double the light from your floor lamp as well as making the room feel bigger. The mirror is a great way to get more space without adding any.


    Now after all those very feminine observations, I think I need to bite the head off a cigar and go outside to pee on something while smoking.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

  2. #17

    Big Country Flavor Marlboro Cigars's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room


  3. #18

    WTF Scott W.'s Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    very nice Bill, little jealous about this one

  4. #19

    CRT #1984, CRA #99974873 szyzk's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Now after all those very feminine observations, I think I need to bite the head off a cigar and go outside to pee on something while smoking.
    Don't forget to kill something and grill it on the way outside...
    Never trust anyone over 30.


  5. #20

    The Krazy Kanuck WyldKnyght's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Damn Bill, that is sweet, now I just need to convince my wife I need one LOL, never gonna happen LOL
    The Krazy Kanuck

  6. #21

    Ghost to da Post LARAIDER's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Like my wife always says "You will never be able to smoke all of those cigars", but it is a secure feeling knowing that you got 'em if you need 'em. I treat my humis like a library, some stoges are "referenced" and never leave the library while others are "overly researched" and examined and read all over the web.
    Never underestimate the angle of the slope

  7. #22

    Newbie in the ocean


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Perfect, not much more is needed than that!

  8. #23

    Puffer Fish with some spikes vtxcigar's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Hey Bill, That's a dang nice room. You have done a great job and mad a lot of us green with envy.

    Enjoy!

    Bill
    I joined the CRA, how about you?
    http://www.cigarrights.org/

  9. #24

    Architeuthis dux anonobomber's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Holy crap that's a great smoking room! I love the furniture! Now if only I could get my wife to go for using the extra room for something like this...

  10. #25

    Maturing Puffer Fish Steven's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Nice room. I would get some more posters or paintings, Victorian smoking style, to liven up the walls. I think that would go well with the theme you got going on. Wouldn't be bad to hide a HEPA air filter somewhere too. Maybe wedged behind one of the sofas.

  11. #26

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Great setup man! I'm with shortfuse though, a small diy cabinet with a nice top and some high end liquor bottles would be great. Also love the furniture....mind me asking where you found those recliners? Been looking for some exactly like that for my study

  12. #27

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hopperb's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    I got them at a local furniture store Mom and Pop - called What a Buy Furniture here in Mooresville - they were $248 or $298 each so pretty inexpensive.

    Brand is Simmons

    Thanks for all the comments everyone and it's still a work in progress - I'm going to use the floating shelves for the liquor and have added an ice bucket and glasses to the chest by the chairs. The liquor shelf will go directly above that.

    I am thinking of ordering an Avallo Triple D and selling the Montegue end table not that I'm unhappy with it but to get something longer, taller and not as deep to put under the TV
    of course if I do I will post it on here for sale...

    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerity View Post
    Great setup man! I'm with shortfuse though, a small diy cabinet with a nice top and some high end liquor bottles would be great. Also love the furniture....mind me asking where you found those recliners? Been looking for some exactly like that for my study

  13. #28

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    So Bill, now that you've had the 150 qt coleman and drawers would you do any different set up? Forrest has a 4 drawer, 3 shelf (I think) set up on his website. Im wondering about maybe an all drawer or all shelf set up. Since you've been using it - any advantages or disadvantages to shelves/drawers?

    I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

  14. #29

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hopperb's Avatar


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    With the second cooler (since these pictures were posted... the slope continues) I am going all shelves and have them ordered from Forrest - I find that I buy more in box quantities than in singles or fivers since I know what I like and am staying focused on those only buying when I see a deal etc... so the shelf storage is the way for me to go.

    If I didn't have the end cabinet with the large singles drawer though and was just doing coolers then having one with the drawer unit would be a necessity.

    Bill


    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmso54 View Post
    So Bill, now that you've had the 150 qt coleman and drawers would you do any different set up? Forrest has a 4 drawer, 3 shelf (I think) set up on his website. Im wondering about maybe an all drawer or all shelf set up. Since you've been using it - any advantages or disadvantages to shelves/drawers?

  15. #30

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Cigar Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopperb View Post
    I got them at a local furniture store Mom and Pop - called What a Buy Furniture here in Mooresville - they were $248 or $298 each so pretty inexpensive.

    Brand is Simmons

    Thanks for all the comments everyone and it's still a work in progress - I'm going to use the floating shelves for the liquor and have added an ice bucket and glasses to the chest by the chairs. The liquor shelf will go directly above that.

    I am thinking of ordering an Avallo Triple D and selling the Montegue end table not that I'm unhappy with it but to get something longer, taller and not as deep to put under the TV
    of course if I do I will post it on here for sale...

    Bill
    ah I didn't even notice you were from NC...cheers man!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •