Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cigar Room

This is a discussion on Cigar Room within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; I've been smoking cigars for the past 10 years and never had a spot inside until now Been in this ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hopperb's Avatar

Cigar Room

I've been smoking cigars for the past 10 years and never had a spot inside until now

Been in this room in my basement for a couple of months and still not 100% complete as I want to add some floating shelves on the walls to display boxes, clock boxes that I am starting on next week, a shelf for bourbons, etc.... For ventilation I replaced the ceiling light with a decorative one from Lowe's that is also a vent to remove the smoke - you'll notice the spot on the ceiling on one of the pictures where I had to cut out and replace the drywall and still have to repaint. For air cleaning there is a RabbitAir beside the Montegue that works pretty well along with the vent.

So here are some pictures and some commentary, please let me know what you think and any suggestions - the room is small approximately 12x12 so a little tight but it keeps me indoors when the weather is too hot or too cold.

I've got a couple of recliners and a chest to store incidentals, magazines, etc... in and on top of that is a Cuban Crafters Desktop that I forgot to take a picture inside of but it's a solid humidor and the little drawer on the bottom is great for keeping cutters, matches, lighters, etc...

The door to the left of the pictures is the closet for the room and houses the Cooleridor but long term plans are to remove the doors shown and install a set of 4' sliding patio doors, line the closet with Spanish Cedar, install shelves and turn it into a full humidor as this slope continues to move very quickly

This is the other side of the room with the flat screen, a Montegue End Table Humidor that I never thought I would fill up... but as you'll see further down it's packed. I love this table and would recommend it to anyone looking for that type of furniture humidor.

Inside the Cooleridor with a set of drawers from Wineador (Forrest) here on the forum who does amazing quality work, sorry no open shots but the drawers are about half full, I also got a shelf from him but currently don't even have room to put that in the cooler - however in the interim until I turn the closet into a humi I'll order another cooler from WalMart and use the one shelf in there.

Sitting on top of the Cooleridor is the Diamond Crown humidor and I did get a shot of the inside on that one with some miscellaneous singles

This is the top drawer of the Montegue said to hold approximately 300 sticks and it probably has about 200 in there now along with the Kitty Litter (I use Kitty Litter in this and the Cooleridor and gel in the tabletops)

Here is the bottom of the Montegue with probably 40-50 boxes of cigars a mix of CC's, NC,s and others. You can't tell from the pictures but the table is really deep probably about 30" which gives quite a bit of storage, the specs say it holds either 1200 or 1500 cigars and it's probably close to right.

Finally this is one of the shelves in the Montegue, I bought these baskets at The Container Store (a great place if you are OCD like I am) the large one contains some CC's, Tat's, Aged items from Comacho and others. I didn't get the picture of the other basket loaded but it's got Oliva, Tat, Anejo, in it.

I think I've got a pretty solid start on building ordinance to continue on my bombing runs...

Bill
    Last edited by Hopperb; 11-01-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Re: Cigar Room

Definitely needs liquor... and a beer fridge.

But looking damn good
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Well Dang Bill!! That's some serious, serious stash there brother!! Oh and the room is pretty nice too but OMG - those humis and coolers and humi furniture and CIGARS, CIGARS, CIGARS. No slope there, just a straight sheer cliff - LOL

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Looks awesome, Miss my Cigar room. All in all miss the house but really the Cigar room is what I miss the most. Nice look cigar stash as well. Congrats enjoy.

James
    For the Love of (__[@}___Cigars__}}}}}
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."~E G R

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jswaykos's Avatar

Daaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyuuuummmmmm!!!!! Very nice! I gotta say - that first picture is VERY misleading. I saw it and thought, "Oh, that's pretty cool". And then I scrolled down, and down, and down...

Nicely done, sir.
    Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

Very nice set-up!!

Quote Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post
    Definitely needs liquor... and a beer fridge.

But looking damn good
    Thanks David - luckily the downstairs kitchen is just about 15 steps away!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ko4000's Avatar

Awesome smoking room you have there Bill. The closet humi conversion sounds sweet. And your stash, Your stash is sweet!
    This is my Signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Bill, that's absolutely awesome! The room looks great, the sticks even better. Very nice stash, sir!

I'll probably be building a room like that in my garage this winter, it'll be something like 10x15, so similar in size to yours. I have a couple questions:

1. What (if any) precautions did you take to prevent smoke from getting out of the room and into the rest of the house, and how well does the room contain the smell. IE, are there any issues with the smell leeching into the rest of the house?

2. What kind of fan and ventilation did you install? I want to put something in, but I'm unsure about what kind of fan, how large the pipe needs to be, etc. Does it clear the room out pretty quickly?

Thanks!
    -Derek
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Leading Puffer Fish

Damn that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
    Bill, that's absolutely awesome! The room looks great, the sticks even better. Very nice stash, sir!

I'll probably be building a room like that in my garage this winter, it'll be something like 10x15, so similar in size to yours. I have a couple questions:

1. What (if any) precautions did you take to prevent smoke from getting out of the room and into the rest of the house, and how well does the room contain the smell. IE, are there any issues with the smell leeching into the rest of the house?

2. What kind of fan and ventilation did you install? I want to put something in, but I'm unsure about what kind of fan, how large the pipe needs to be, etc. Does it clear the room out pretty quickly?

Thanks!
    -Derek
    Derek,

I put weatherstripping around the door and a sweep along the bottom to reduce the chance of the odor leaking into the rest of the house but other than that nothing else and it is doing pretty well. I do burn a smokers candle in here that I get at Walmart for $3.50 at the cigarette checkout and it helps. If odors do escape I spray with Ozium which you can get at auto parts stores and in the automotive section at WalMart as well.

The fan is a stock one from Lowes in their bathroom section that doesn't look like your standard bathroom vent light plastic crap. Otherwise my wife wouldn't have gone for it! This room doesn't have any windows so this was my only option. It required a 4" vent like a clothes dryer that I punched through the exterior wall and installed a cap over that won't let air or critters come through from the outside. It does a really good job of clearing the room.

The Rabbit Air purifier does a good job of cleaning using the charcoal filtration.

One other option is a product called Gone Smoke that you get at a few tobacconists or on line. I use that in my car occasionally and it clears the odor but the car also has a charcoal filter built in that passes all air through it and most people can't tell I smoke in it except for the ashes all over...

Bill

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Thanks Bill, reply sincerely appreciated!

In terms of suggestions, the only one I might have is to switch the humidor with the chest of drawers. The humi sticks out kinda far under the TV, and the chest of drawers isn't nearly as deep. Might make the room feel more balanced. My 2 cents!

But awesome room, it's going to look really great with some shelving in there!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

THAT! is great. I want one.

Nice stash and awesome room. I love the furniture. I bet that is a nice relaxing place to smoke. You are going for the same theme as I am. Look forward to seeing updates.
    Legion of BOOM!!! Enforcement Division.

Looks great.

Suggestion:

Herf at your place

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast