Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Finally finished my walk in humi

This is a discussion on Finally finished my walk in humi within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Hat's off to you sir! I'm most impressed that it's hooked up to your smartphone & TV's......

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Re: Finally finished my walk in humi

Hat's off to you sir!

I'm most impressed that it's hooked up to your smartphone & TV's...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

amazing. giving me some ideas for some rooms in my basement lol
    AND i already have the 70's wood panelling!

Very very nice, someday I would like a room, a little classier than big coolers.

Best regards, tony

Excellent work Eric, simply stunning, and btw, best of luck to you in your new business venture.
    I sleep a little, drink a great deal, and smoke cigar after cigar, which is why I am in 200% form -Churchill

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

What a great job you've done. I love the automation aspect of it!!

Win

thanks guys for the amazing comments. will be posting a video soon to show how the system works.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jswaykos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biblis View Post
    thanks guys for the amazing comments. will be posting a video soon to show how the system works.
    It's damn impressive, especially how you've got it all set up to be controlled from your finger tips. I'm just a bit jealous.
    Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

nice.. i may hit you up on a howto soon.. :>
    i have herf'd with Shuckins!
    now i have herf'd with Carlito Fuente!

Puffer Fish with some spikes flyinillini75's Avatar

That is an amazing setup. I have been wanting to create a small room in my basement for a mancave/smoking room to brave the Illinois winters with. Your humidor is amzing.... picture perfect....plus the smokes are pretty nice too.

Newbie in the ocean

Newbie here, and sorry to necro, but where's the video ? Interested in details on how the heating/cooling/humidifying/access are tied into your home automation. Stating which home automation system you're using would probably go a long way towards answering that.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biblis View Post
    I've been away from the forums for some time now. Been busy with having my first child and getting married and starting up my own Home Automation Company.

I had my basement finished in June and set aside my cold room for my walk in humidor but never got time to actually design and finish it. But i took some time to do so last week and after 2 weeks of work, I have finally finished the project. Just seasoned the humidor so you may still see all the wet spots. But here you go

When i designed my basement i decided to build it with a very modern look so i also incorporated it into my humidor. As you may notice from the pics I've only lined one wall with Spanish Cedar, I've also used modern looking shelves, both glass and floating mdf's. I figured because all my cigars are in boxes and half the walls I've lined with Spanish cedar that it will be sufficient.

What i'm using for humidification and temperature control is your regular honeywell humidifier and a ceramic heater and fan for circulation. I've tied the temperature equipment into my home automation system for temperature monitoring and control. A sensor detects the temperature and humidity and automatically turns on or off the humidifier and heater to ensure worry free temperature conrol. If the temperature falls or is too high, I will receive a text message on my phone and on all of my tv's and touchscreens in my home will have a popup message and voice alert if anything goes wrong including someone trying to get into my humidor. I can also monitor the temperature from my iphone, ipad or laptop from anywhere in the world.

I've attached some pictures and will have a video coming soon.

IMG_0202 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0220 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0218 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0209 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0210 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0211 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0207 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0206 by ibrat82, on Flickr

IMG_0204 by ibrat82, on Flickr

Every mans dream Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Amazing work Brother!!
    “A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

Amazing, can't wait to see the video

Puffer Fish with some spikes NoirNick's Avatar

Awesome set up! Hope to one day have a walk in myself.

Full grown Puffer Fish Bunnosaurusrex's Avatar

oficially jealous!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast