Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast

Okay DE / Liga Privada cheerleaders show us your stash !

This is a discussion on Okay DE / Liga Privada cheerleaders show us your stash ! within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; I'm drooling on myself! That's an awesome setup!...

Newbie in the ocean

Re: Okay DE / Liga Privada cheerleaders show us your stash !

I'm drooling on myself! That's an awesome setup!

Puffer Fish with some spikes waltah's Avatar

That's a crazy cool setup!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Just got these from the B&M

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BaconStrips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmanuel View Post

Just got these from the B&M

Very nice.

Maturing Puffer Fish Puroprince's Avatar

what kind of humidor is that? justbrew77

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puroprince View Post
    Wineador. EdgeStar 34 bottle dual zone wine cooler.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Maturing Puffer Fish

man you puff members really love those ligas

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish justbrew77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puroprince View Post
    EdgeStar 34 bottle, I removed the compressor and wired it so the fans and temp gauges still work. It's a pretty nice set up and you can get them cheap as scratch and dent models.

So... this is just a fraction of my stash... the L40 fraction... lol. 4 boxes worth and one loner that will meet his end tonight.

Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Maturing Puffer Fish

Very nice. I've had quite a few boxes. Unfortunately with a 2 yr.old I don't have enough time to smoke a lot of lancero's. I've got 1 box of L40's left. There staying put.

No longer a community member.

Wow now this is a man that's passionate about his work! One of the reasons I buy this product. Bravo!!!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaka View Post
    PS: Yes, it is weird to have a PS at the top of a post, but I just previewed my post and realized it is longwinded and somewhat self serving - so I decided to add this PS as a WARNING: Do not read it unless you can stomach a manufacturer posting pridefully about their product and for those that do endure my ramblings please know they are genuinely heart felt and good intentioned. Consider yourself warned...

Or you could just read it and hate on me, I am a very very very big boy and can take it... ;>

===

I am at the factory for the next ten days or so and just had a moment of peace to finally take a peek online at forums - been forever it seems...

Anyways, those are some amazing stashes and I agree they look super yummy - you guys take some great pics, I would argue many are better than the professional pics you see in many of the current cigar ads!

A few quick replies to some of the questions I saw while reading he thread:

1. Regretfully I can not post an image of my personal stash. Retailers are already pissed at us for not delivering enough LPs and my posting of an image of my stash would result in a f'ing firing squad! <lol> In 2006 I made it very clear to everyone at DE and others that LPs would be a nearly impossible cigar to make to meet demand if it ever became popular with smokers and that I was always going to ensure that as long as I was with DE I would reserve enough for me to smoke, it truly is my personal cigar. I smoke five or more every single day. So having LP's in stock for my own consumption is as essential as air and water so my personal stash is an absolute necessity as far as I am concerned.

2. Demand greatly outstrips out ability to produce these cigars at the quality and consistency we expect by easily 10 to 1 even after 5 years and the demand seems to be increasing, however we have not, nor will we "tweak" the blend or rush the tobacco to make them more available. We have been doing everything possible to harvest more leaf and we have increased production, just no where near the demand. And we have taken a very hard line stance we will not sell any LPs that we do not feel are worthy of being boxed, hence look at the huge T52 shortage of the last year. The extremely oily stalk-cut Habano capa from the 2009 harvest has required an extra year of fermentation and it appears the 2010 crop will require the same - hence the drought of T52s, Dirty Rats and the L40s, plus the indefinite back-burnering of the Ratzilla blend. We just simply are not going to screw up what we think is exceptional cigar for some short term sales even if that is millions of dollars. Some would argue we are geniuses other would call us incredibly stupid... I am still not sure which myself.

3. All of the LPs are regular production with the exception of 2 - the original No. 9 Flying Pig and the following year's T52 Flying Pig releases. All the No. 9, T52s, Dirty Rats, L40s and Feral Flying Pigs are intended to be continued production items as tobacco is ready to do so.

4. Wrapper shades DO vary. Within the No. 9 line the color of the CT Broadleaf No. 1 can vary from Maduro to Oscuro and in T52 the shades range from Colorado Maduro to Maduro. The reason for this is we DO NOT ferment the wrappers for color - we ferment them for burn, flavor and aroma - color is NOT a primary concern. If we were to make it so, it would mean we would have to over-ferment the leaf in order to achieve a perfect consistent color and that would end up resulting in our sacrificing some of the flavor. LPs are meant to be smoked with your mouth and nose, not your eyes - yes, we love the fact that they are pretty, but ultimately the taste, aroma and burn determines when we deem a wrapper bulk ready to be used on the production floor. Same holds true for the fillers and even the binder leaf. Fwiw, it is a continually ongoing discussion and sampling of tobaccos between JD, Nicholas, Jessenia, Rubio, Raymond, Luis, Joel, Chema, Marlin and myself that determines when tobacco is ready - it is truly a team effort of monumental proportions - everyone must agree before we certify tobacco as "ready to go". Today alone, we smoked dozens of samples of T52 wrapper from one of the 2009 pilones.

5. To my knowledge, we have no retailers in Canada. I think we have only one International LP account and it is in the Netherlands and he is a personal longtime friend of the company. Regretfully we have not yet been able to open more retailers, even though there are many we truly wish we could and fully intend to when supply allows.

6. Our intent is to not limit the brand, we as a company do not strive to make limited releases. You make far more money being able to consistently deliver to retailers and cigar smokers all the cigars they want to consume than playing the Limited game - imo most of this Limited Release nonsense is a gimmick. That being said and to repeat myself, even with that in mind we are not going to destroy what we regard as an exceptional product - we are simply going to do our best to make as many as possible the way they should be. I greatly admire the Padron's for how they have treated their 1964 and 1926 lines and it took them well over a decade plus of dedication to be able to supply as many as they do today, which still isn't enough, but they never cashed in at the expense of the quality of their product. And for that cigar smokers rightfully hold their product in high esteem and reward them with their hard earned dollars for their hard work of doing the right thing. IMO, this is the way to do it and everyone at DE agrees from top to bottom. And before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I am not saying we are Padron, I am saying they are cigar makers whom I greatly admire and I am smart enough to know they got it right in always putting quality first and foremost. Hopefully someday we will open many more accounts and be able to ship existing LP Appointed Merchants far more cigars.

And finally, even though this wasn't one of the questions I want to personally say THANKS. All of our past, current and future success is solely due to our fellow herfers enjoying our cigars and their willingness to buy them. We know everyone works hard for their money and we strive to deliver the best cigars possible regardless of whether you are an ACID or Liga Privada smoker or anywhere in between. We are humbled by the accolades we receive and do our best to listen and address the complaints of our customers, we are not perfect and we know this, yet please know we continue to always strive to be better.

So much for "quick replies"... sheesh!

BR,

Steve Saka
    President, Drew Estate
    Wow now this is a man that's passionate about his work! One of the reasons I buy this product. Bravo!!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes jmj_203's Avatar

Number six made me laugh the most.

My DE Stash

Name:  DE Prize Pack.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  114.6 KB

@cigar-bros 8 A's? Nice!!

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast