Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Montecristo New York

This is a discussion on Montecristo New York within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; So those that have been in vherf hear me constantly talking about the order of Montecristo New York's I have ...

No longer a community member.

Montecristo New York

So those that have been in vherf hear me constantly talking about the order of Montecristo New York's I have ordered. I wasn't trying to brag, it's just I have not been excited for an order like this before. Half is being from NYC so the homer came out. The other is, a lot of puffers haven't tried this cigar yet, and how many chances do you have to review a smoke that nobody else has?

Anyways I just got back from lunch with my cousin, who accepted the shipment for me so here is some pron and review (I plan on updating when I smoke them with a review)

Size - 6X60 Box press (square)
    Wrapper - Ecuadorian
    Binder - Nicaraguan
    Filler - Dominican
    Body - Medium full

I ordered 2 boxes. They came in a "shipping" box which has the NY skyline. Simple and classy. I like the black with white coloring.

Opening the box, it follows the same theme with the NY skyline. The cigars themselves look nice too. 6x60 is a little intimidating, and reading up the reason they chose this size was because it reminded them of "the big city". What was nice is there is a ribbon going throughout the box, so when you want a cigar you just give that a little tug, instead of digging in to get one and possible cracking something (yes that has happened to me before)

Attached is a little note. Nothing special here...just a pep talk on paper about the cigar.

And of course, the actual cigar itself. Follows the clean simple look of the brown Monte band, on top of a black and white with gold trim NY edition band.

Again, once I have one I plan on writing up on it, and will update this thread accordingly

Puffer Fish with some spikes Pandyboy's Avatar

Re: Montecristo New York

They look very nice, enjoy!

Looks good Joe, can't wait to hear how it smokes

Quote Originally Posted by skfr518 View Post
    Looks good Joe, can't wait to hear how it smokes
    Who the hell is Joe?

These are really great smokes, and that's coming from someone who doesn't really enjoy NC Montecristos. I was quite surprised when I smoked my first one!

The 6 x 60 is pretty big for me, but the new torpedo size seems a little more to my preference.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Very Nice!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Enjoy them they look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Laugh now Cry later"

Sorry Allen, Joe is who told me about the thread Not the first time I screwed up someone's name and probably won't be the last. Good to meet you on vherf yesterday.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish bazookajoe8's Avatar

Yes they look great Joe!! haha but seriously they do look great!

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

these have been on my radar for a couple months now. Can't wait to get my hands on one & can't wait to see what you think about them. Great pick up! Presentation, cigars, looks great.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

I see those all the time but I am not a big Monte fan.

Full grown Puffer Fish cavscout98's Avatar

Those are some fine looking sticks!

I dunno, might want to turn them into compost

Beautiful looking smokes. What's the consensus on the Monte store on 5th? Fair prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspers14 View Post
    Beautiful looking smokes. What's the consensus on the Monte store on 5th? Fair prices?
    And I still call it the Montecristo store because I always forget it's called Midtown Cigars. Lol at myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast