Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Not Many Gurkha fans around?

This is a discussion on Not Many Gurkha fans around? within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Originally Posted by meatcake Where are you guys seeing crazy prices for Gurkha Cigars? At retail shops? I have never ...

  
  1. #16

    Lax Bro. Llacrossedude7's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    Quote Originally Posted by meatcake View Post
    Where are you guys seeing crazy prices for Gurkha Cigars? At retail shops? I have never paid more than like $25 to $30 for a 10 pack of Gurkha from the likes of CI or Cbid. They were my go too sticks when I first started smoking cigars again because there was always crazy good deals on CI for them. Out of the over 60 I had at one point, I liked the Ninja, Centurion Perfecto and the Black Dragon Nublizer the best. I would up moving on to other cigars, but they are a decent "intro" stick IMHO. Would I go back to Gurkha after I have smoked Fuente, Rocky Patel or Liga Privada, No way, but still for the price you can pick most of them up at, not completely rotten. They are for sure better than anything Victor Sinclair has put out. NOW THAT is a dog rocket brand.
    Gurkha is one of those brand that has your 3-5 dollar stick and then 8+ sticks. We can just say they are proud of their product. I think a box of the Gurkha Beauty is like $600 for 25 on sale at CI.

  2. #17

    Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    I got mine at CI, the pick 1 from this sampler and 1 from that list of samplers...after that it's like 10 bucks a sampler...it could get out of hand quick. here is the page I got mine from Gurkha Gorge-Fest XLVIII - Cigars International Enjoy!!
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

  3. #18

    Guest


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    I did a review on the Black Fury Nub. Shameless plug. It was alright. I got 2 on a cheap deal from the Devil for about $2 ea. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy some at retail, but it was good enough to get maybe a few more, if I could get them at $2 or less. Gurkha is just too all over the map for me. I can't take them seriously enough, to spend hard earned money on their products. Just my

    Note: the one is this pictured was stored at 70-71*/65% RH for well over 6 months and still had burn issues.

    Last edited by 36Bones; 06-29-2012 at 10:04 AM.

  4. #19

    Spitfire hotbike0077's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    I happen to like Gurkha cigars, especially the Grand Reserve....

    Name:  No2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  48.8 KB

    I have several of these and keep about half a dozen others in stock.
    You think I'm kidding.....

  5. #20

    Unofficial Puff FFCommish Adam's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconStrips View Post
    I have tried MANY Gurkhas, I totally agree with lostdog, they aren't worth their absurd MSRP, but CBids prices are good for me. I do like Gurkhas, but few. My favorites are the (in order) Beast, Titan, Black dragon, and Ninja. All the other sticks i have tried are pretty much average too me or terrible. The Evil was terrible, don't waste your time.

    I'm generally not a fan, but the Gurkhas I do think are decent are completely opposite of these. I like the Evil, Assassin, Signature Red and to some extent the Viper. I thought the Ninja was about as vile of a stick as I'd ever try.

  6. #21

    Unofficial Puff FFCommish Adam's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    Oh, and one thing that I know about my B&M is that they don't like to stock Gurkhas because of their packaging. The boxes can be huge sometimes and take up valuable shelf space that could be used to display three boxes instead of one big dress box. And those boxes I'm sure are part of why the prices are bloated. Who wants to pay for packaging when all we want is the leaf?

  7. #22

    Guest


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Oh, and one thing that I know about my B&M is that they don't like to stock Gurkhas because of their packaging. The boxes can be huge sometimes and take up valuable shelf space that could be used to display three boxes instead of one big dress box. And those boxes I'm sure are part of why the prices are bloated. Who wants to pay for packaging when all we want is the leaf?
    Exactly the same reason why my B&M won't stock them.

  8. #23

    Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    Quote Originally Posted by 36Bones View Post
    I did a review on the Black Fury Nub. Shameless plug. It was alright. I got 2 on a cheap deal from the Devil for about $2 ea. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy some at retail, but it was good enough to get maybe a few more, if I could get them at $2 or less. Gurkha is just too all over the map for me. I can't take them seriously enough, to spend hard earned money on their products. Just my

    Note: the one is this pictured was stored at 70-71*/65% RH for well over 6 months and still had burn issues.
    Yeah my Bluck Fury had the same burn issues...good smoke though!!
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

  9. #24

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BaconStrips's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I'm generally not a fan, but the Gurkhas I do think are decent are completely opposite of these. I like the Evil, Assassin, Signature Red and to some extent the Viper. I thought the Ninja was about as vile of a stick as I'd ever try.
    Our palates are far apart. I agree with the assassin, I haven't had the signature or viper but since I read it was for the "novice" smoker and wasnt anything good about it, I didn't even bother. But, it really just comes down to what people like, you and I are both right in our own opinion.

  10. #25

    Unofficial Puff FFCommish Adam's Avatar


     

    Re: Not Many Gurkha fans around?

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconStrips View Post
    Our palates are far apart. I agree with the assassin, I haven't had the signature or viper but since I read it was for the "novice" smoker and wasnt anything good about it, I didn't even bother. But, it really just comes down to what people like, you and I are both right in our own opinion.
    Yep. Too each their own. Plus I haven't had more than 2 Gurkhas in around a year, so even the ones I mentioned might not do it for me anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •