Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Ready for my trip!

This is a discussion on Ready for my trip! within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; We're driving from Niagara to Tobermore, ON, catching a 2hr ferry to Manitoulin Island, driving across that up to Sudbury, ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish z0diac's Avatar

Ready for my trip!

We're driving from Niagara to Tobermore, ON, catching a 2hr ferry to Manitoulin Island, driving across that up to Sudbury, On, then down to the Bala, ON area to go to the cottage. (all in 1 day! 800km + 2hr ferry).

We'll be staying at the cottage for a few days after that, so I figured I needed *2* travel humis

2x Partagas D4s
    2x Montecristo Petit Edmundo
    2x Montecristo #2
    Bolivar Petit Corona
    Trinidad Reyes
    Cohiba Siglo 3

NC:
    Hoyo de Monterrey robusto
    Esteban Carreras Habanos toro maduro
    Alec Bradley churchill
    Brick House toro

Pipe:
    - Brigham Algonquin
    - Sam Gawith 1792 flake
    - Sam Gawith Virginia flake

Chew:
    - Red Man original
    - Red Man golden blend

I *think* I'm set !

Re: Ready for my trip!

Sounds like you're going 2 have 2 much fun. Enjoy!
    Dale

Well stocked and well planned. Here's to a great trip. Cheers!!

Well you're covered for the drive, but what are you going to do when you get there?

Quote Originally Posted by shootinmatt View Post
    Well you're covered for the drive, but what are you going to do when you get there?
    I'm actually starting to get worried.

I figure, it's a 3.5hr drive from here to the ferry. I'll probably smoke a big churchill. We're leaving at 6am but I'll probably want one that early. But if I can hold off until about 7am, the Alec Bradley churchill should hold me until we get to the ferry. The ferry is a 2hr ride, but I am unsure as to their smoking policy. Hence, the chewing tobacco. I haven't chewed since I was a kid so I'll probably slobber all over myself and shirt. That's alright. Once we get to Manitoulin Island it's only a 64km stretch from South Baymouth up to Little Current where we're stopping for lunch (actually we'll probably eat on the ferry and just grab a snack). I can go without a stogie for that long. 'Might fire up the pipe. From Little Current to Bala is the main stretch. That's another 3-4hr drive, so I can probably fit in a nice toro on that. Once we're at the cottage I'll probably have a robusto after supper.

But each day we're leaving the cottage for day excursions down to Midland, ON , Blue Mountains (scenic caves), Parry Sound (small aircraft plane sightseeing), etc... and they're all like 1hr drive each way. Perfect time for a cigar. Add on the cigars on the dock, cigars while fishing, cigars in the evening... and yes, I may run out of stock.

BUT!!! Just down the road from the cottage is a native reservation selling Cubans! (who knows on the legitimacy of them.. but they're tax free!) So at least there's a close-by backup

Aww for CRAPS SAKE....

Ontario Ferries - MS Chi-Cheemaun FAQ's

in the ferry's faq:

Q: What is your smoking policy?
    A: We now offer a smoke-free environment on the entire ship.

I'm gonna sit their and open-mouth chew and slobber my chaw all over the place. This is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by z0diac View Post
    I'm actually starting to get worried.

I figure, it's a 3.5hr drive from here to the ferry. I'll probably smoke a big churchill. We're leaving at 6am but I'll probably want one that early. But if I can hold off until about 7am, the Alec Bradley churchill should hold me until we get to the ferry. The ferry is a 2hr ride, but I am unsure as to their smoking policy. Hence, the chewing tobacco. I haven't chewed since I was a kid so I'll probably slobber all over myself and shirt. That's alright. Once we get to Manitoulin Island it's only a 64km stretch from South Baymouth up to Little Current where we're stopping for lunch (actually we'll probably eat on the ferry and just grab a snack). I can go without a stogie for that long. 'Might fire up the pipe. From Little Current to Bala is the main stretch. That's another 3-4hr drive, so I can probably fit in a nice toro on that. Once we're at the cottage I'll probably have a robusto after supper.

But each day we're leaving the cottage for day excursions down to Midland, ON , Blue Mountains (scenic caves), Parry Sound (small aircraft plane sightseeing), etc... and they're all like 1hr drive each way. Perfect time for a cigar. Add on the cigars on the dock, cigars while fishing, cigars in the evening... and yes, I may run out of stock.

BUT!!! Just down the road from the cottage is a native reservation selling Cubans! (who knows on the legitimacy of them.. but they're tax free!) So at least there's a close-by backup
    Wow sounds like a hell of a trip! Just beware of those glass top cohiba boxes:-)

Great pictures, Jake! Those look incredible!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!