Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Scored my first box today!

This is a discussion on Scored my first box today! within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Congratulations! Ive been curious about those myself!...

Re: Scored my first box today!

Congratulations! Ive been curious about those myself!

Maturing Puffer Fish gogirlanime's Avatar

Nice! Congratulations I can't wait to have the income to buy my first box

Puffer Fish with many spikes Btubes18's Avatar

Congratulations! I was able to pick up a box yesterday, opened them up, but will need to wait awhile for them to rest up.

ev3

Crazy story! I was in a certain 24-hr cigar shop up in Santa Clarita, CA for the first time last month trying to figure out what to buy, when the owner comes into the humidor to offer his assistance. He pointed to a box of Lil Monsters, gave me the run down (limited run, early release, etc), and that he expected them to be gone that weekend (I know, huh-typical sales pitch of "buy now so you don't miss out!"). Being in sales myself and committing to never ever being closed buy another salesman, I explained that the allowance I give myself to make big purchases wouldn't be until the following Friday, and if he would set aside a box until then. To my surprise, he said, "TAKE ONE and come back next week to pay for it." I stood there for nearly 10 seconds, not knowing what to say (I never came across this "close" in sales training), and staring him in the eye to see if he was serious. He said if I was a man of my word I'd be back to pay for them. If not, oh well. He just thought they were an exceptional smoke and wanted me to enjoy them since I seemed to know a thing our two about stogies (not some Newbie in the ocean, haha). Naturally, I took them home and went back the following week to pay for them. I took my wife with me to see this incredibly stocked humidor and to possibly meet the owner. You'd think this guy would new standing at the door checking his watch to see if I came back when I said I would, but he was out camping with his family. Not only did I pay for the box (mine had the Lil Mummy card), but I bought a few other hard-to-find sticks that my regular B&M doesn't stock. If anyone is looking for a box and knows this shop, he had some extras when I was there in July.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2