Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cigar and Gun Cleaning

This is a discussion on Cigar and Gun Cleaning within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; Nothing wrong with a good cigar while doing some gun cleaning!...

Cigar and Gun Cleaning

Nothing wrong with a good cigar while doing some gun cleaning!

Name:  glockmontecristo.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  28.1 KB

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Re: Cigar and Gun Cleaning

Smell of Hoppe's 9 and tobacco. Mmm...
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Nothing more relaxing than detail striping a Colt Gov't Model and a cigar only makes it better
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

mmmm colts are nice! I'm in the market myself for a nice 1911...buying guns are almost as addicting to cigars haha

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

I can apreciate that, but its not for me. I dont need to transfer my cleaning chemicals (primarily my mix of Kroil/Shooters choice bore cleaner) and lead from my fingers to my cigar then atomize those chemicals into my mouth via cigar smoke.

I also wear nitrile gloves when I clean my armory.

Tal~
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Add a little bourbon in there and you've got paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Talon View Post
    I can apreciate that, but its not for me. I dont need to transfer my cleaning chemicals (primarily my mix of Kroil/Shooters choice bore cleaner) and lead from my fingers to my cigar then atomize those chemicals into my mouth via cigar smoke.

I also wear nitrile gloves when I clean my armory.

Tal~
    Yeah no smoking for me when cleaning the guns. No gloves, but a good wash up when I'm done.

Not that I don't get the OP's point, just I usually will take a guest or two with me shooting, and with all my gear, I usually have an ungodly mess to clean up. LOL cleaning the guns, that is !

I won't smoke while doing brakes either.
    Last edited by Bondo 440; 09-09-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondo 440 View Post
    Yeah no smoking for me when cleaning the guns. No gloves, but a good wash up when I'm done.

Not that I don't get the OP's point, just I usually will take a guest or two with me shooting, and with all my gear, I usually have an ungodly mess to clean up. LOL cleaning the guns, that is !

I won't smoke while doing brakes either.
    Yep, Man after my own heart. Took my nephews , their parents my wife and daughters out to the range today to watch them shoot and give pointers, I'm bowed up so I don't get to shoot like I use too. Now I also have a "mess" rifles and pistols to clean LOL.

Tal~

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish djsmiles's Avatar

This post reminds me. I really need to clean some of my guns.

Yeah just yesterday I remarked to the wife that I haven't been out to the range all this summer. Since March !
    I'll propbably inspect and clean before AND after.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

I shoot bows and black powder and they need all the hands I own already but I know what you mean.A gun, a cigar, a drink, and nice company all make for a very enjoyable evening.....or at least a very memorable one.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

Quote Originally Posted by longburn View Post
    I shoot bows and black powder and they need all the hands I own already but I know what you mean.A gun, a cigar, a drink, and nice company all make for a very enjoyable evening.....or at least a very memorable one.
    Right On Brother !
    I won't be drinking while I'm shootin. I won't be smoking while I'm cleaning, But by the end of the day I'll have covered all the "damb" bases covered that's for sure !

Actually had a couple friends on the porch last night. I turned it into an impromptu mini herf HaHa ! Offering the cigars added something special to the visit.
    No guns, but we did wind up "shooting the sh*t" instead LOL

Great day of shooting yesterday,came off the range went home and taught/supervised my nephews how to clean firearms my 2 daughters helped them also. Kinda soothed the boys (19/18/16) feelings,after a day of getting schooled by my twin 15yo girls. and thier rifle and pistol mastery.

Once we finished and locked everything up;out came the grill, the beer, and the steaks. After the cookout cigars and sipping whiskey around the pit fire were the completion of a great day...

Good Karma
    Tal~

indeed, good Karma Sir ! Train em' well.
    I have a lot of rules, and the young'uns ( to me they all are ) blindly follow them.
    Then later you'll get "so that's why you told John not to lay the rifle on the bench facing that way"
    And you see them start to figure it out.

You see these YouTube videos where the guy has his woman fire the weapon. She lets off a big round.
    Then she turns toward the cameraman with her finger still on the trigger saying "wow that was great"

I just want to climb through the internet and grab the "teacher" and bust the gun over his head.

OK rant over / HaHa one of rules HERE is not going off topic / but us gun lovers are just as bad as us cigar lovers. I'm out of this one.
    Peace

Puffer Fish with some spikes dayento2's Avatar

yay 3rd Gen Glocks!!! I have a G19 myself along with a Ruger MKII. My wife says I have enough guns and cigars....yeah right

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast