Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cigar from the day my wife was born

This is a discussion on Cigar from the day my wife was born within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; when my wife and I got married a little over 5 years ago, my father in law handed me a ...

Cigar from the day my wife was born

when my wife and I got married a little over 5 years ago, my father in law handed me a cigar that he bought the day she was born to give to her future husband (he bought a second so we could smoke one together). well, he's not a cigar guy and the cigars just sat in his desk for 27 years, so we decided not to smoke it, but i decided to hang on to mine for sentimental value. kinda forgot about it until i started getting into cigars and rediscovered it.

decided to toss it in the humi and see if i could get it rehydrated. it's been in the humi for about 4 months; i was rummaging around in there tonight deciding on what to smoke and pulled it out to inspect... doesn't look half bad for a cigar from JUN '79! a little damage to the foot and cap, but in theory, it would be smokable. i'll probably save it to pass along to the next generation (when they come...).

anyway, just thought i'd share a pic with y'all of it. never heard of this brand before and wasn't able to find much info on it, but that doesn't matter.

Last edited by android; 10-23-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssss cartey's Avatar

Re: Cigar from the day my wife was born

You know what? I think I'll do the same thing when my future child(ren) come!
    Thanks for sharing this heart-warming story.

No longer a community member.

I plan something similar.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by cartey View Post
    You know what? I think I'll do the same thing when my future child(ren) come!
    Thanks for sharing this heart-warming story.
    Buy a box of twenty! Smoke one on every birthday and,, when the kid turns 18 you will have two cigars for an intro smoke to this hobby.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Puffer Fish with some spikes djcsewell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Buy a box of twenty! Smoke one on every birthday and,, when the kid turns 18 you will have two cigars for an intro smoke to this hobby.
    Dude... that's a bad ass idea!

Back to topic.... That's a pretty awesome story. deff keep passing it down!

I wish I was into cigars when my kids were born 24 - 18 - 16 - 12 years ago. Would make for some wild smokes right about now, since I am so deeply rooted in this hobby... Just another one of those I should haves that life is full of.
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077

I'm watching you.

What an awesome dad. I love the foresight.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

To my noob eyes, it looked like a Padron label for a second there.

Good Job to the the both of you preserving the cigar and the special heritage they have. That's what it's all about, man.

I did this with my box of handout cigars (Arturo Fuente Brevas Royales) when my daughter was born. I have like 12 left? Or something like that.

I did a review from the one I smoked on her first birthday, and plan to continue to do reviews as they age (though no idea how/if they will improve or change).
    Arturo Fuente Brevas Royales "It's a Girl!" - Review

I have 3 sealed in airtight PET tubos in event of flood/beetles/mold. They may not age properly/well, but I know I'll have at least 3 (no matter what happens) to smoke with the man she marries, and his father.

Edit: How could I forget to say - Congrats to the OP! That is an awesome little bit of family history
    Last edited by stonecutter2; 10-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Are you a Puff noob or veteran? Join the Noobie Sampler Trade!
    Canadian? Try the Canadian Noob PIF v2.0

That is a great idea! Pretty cool Andrew.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

It's a shame it was just put in a desk drawer. That is really cool.

Box of 25. One when born. One for first 17 birthdays. (18 cigars)

Share on 18th (20)

Share on 21st (22)

Share for wedding (24)

And give them the final to choose what they want with?
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

this might ring a bell.

No longer a community member.

Do what David said, also prepare a mega sampler for if they like it on their 18th. If not, you've got a well aged mega sampler.

@Keith: so that's where he got it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast