Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cohiba v. Faux-hiba

This is a discussion on Cohiba v. Faux-hiba within the Cigar Pictures forums, part of the The Gallery category; This is one of the best posts I've read on Puff. Nice work. When it comes to quality of a ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

Re: Cohiba v. Faux-hiba

This is one of the best posts I've read on Puff. Nice work. When it comes to quality of a cigar I look at three things:

1. How well the cigar has been wrapped.
    2. The cap quality.
    3. When you roll it between your fingers is it too loose and/or are there lumps.

Again, excellent post and photos.
    20 years of smoking and still going strong *cough* *cough*...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish z0diac's Avatar

Awesome reverse-engineering! The straight-away giveaway was the colour. That wasy waaaay too dark for a Cohiba Robusto.

All fakeness aside, it could have still tasted great! One of the best cigars I've ever smoked was a fake Cohiba (large torpedo) on the resort in Varadero, Cuba, that was given to me by a member of the poolside staff.
    You can't buy happiness but you can buy cigars, and that's basically the same thing.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Thanks Will!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Young Puffer Fish

Howw
    Thanks for the tips, perfect photos!

Young Puffer Fish

A buddy of mine was gifted some esplendios a while ago. When I saw those poor cigars in a ziplock bag in a freezer I immediately asked to take them home and put them in my humidor. Fast forward ahead around 4 months. He came over to my place and we sparked the BBQ to smoke some ribs and I thought I would bring out the said cigars.

It tasted a little funny at first but we smoked away thinking it was just because they were damaged in the freezer. At about the halfway mark I started to feel sick so I clipped the burnt end off and took it apart. It was exactly like this one... nothing but crushed leaves. I even dissected the unburned cigars to find the same thing.

Only get CC from reputable places... and if someone says their uncle works at the factory and can get them cheap... THEY ARE FAKE

Newbie in the ocean

a lot of fakes along the beach of mexico,

Young Fish

Fantastic thread, very informative and great pictures. Thank you!

I had a coworker that bought a box of "Cohiba's" when he was in the Dominican Republic for me a couple of years ago. I had my initial suspicions as to their authenticity but smoked them anyway. Turns out they were fake but remarkably a fine cigar none the less. Great post.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Great thread - thanks for the dissection of the fake. Now let's see the real Cohiba dissected for comparison...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2