Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Mazo???

This is a discussion on Mazo??? within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; So on CBid i've read alot of descriptions saying that the lot comes in a "Mazo" of however many. Is ...

Dom

Mazo???

So on CBid i've read alot of descriptions saying that the lot comes in a "Mazo" of however many. Is that just a special way to say bundle???

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: Mazo???

Yep you nailed it. But bundles come in 20 or more and mazo are a lower count I believe.

Dom

well i got a bid in now on a Leon Jimenes "Mazo" of 25 robustos.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Bundle then.

Webster's has it as a handful or a bunch so I am guessing here that a bundle might come from the manufacturer that way while a mazo might be 25 various sticks that the retailer puts together from odds and ends.

Puffer Fish with some spikes wolfmonk's Avatar

I purchased a "Mazo" of Puros Indios and there were six in it.

Jokes for reps themoneycollector's Avatar

In the past, I have noticed that it can be any amount, but it seems like it's their way of saying 'no box' included

Progress, NOT perfection! Tequila George's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    So on CBid i've read alot of descriptions saying that the lot comes in a "Mazo" of however many. Is that just a special way to say bundle???
    I have read that "bundle" can sometimes refer to a cellophane wrapped group of 2nds, so, I think some retailers like to use the term "mazo" rather than bundle to give that mental assurance that you are buying a group of 1st quality sticks.

smoke em if ya got em rudeJARHEAD's Avatar

mazo= fancy word for bundle. It sounds so much more refined and desireable to say a mazo of (fill in your cigar name here) as opposed to a bundle. Bundle for many has a negative connotation of poor quality or seconds.
    DEFENSE OF A NATION IS THE DUTY OF ITS CITIZENS. SERVICE AS A MARINE IS THE HONOR OF ITS ELITE.