Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pipe Tobacco Cigars

This is a discussion on Pipe Tobacco Cigars within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Guys I have searched everywhere for this information without any luck. My wife hates cigar smoke but loves pipe tobacco. ...

Pipe Tobacco Cigars

Guys I have searched everywhere for this information without any luck. My wife hates cigar smoke but loves pipe tobacco. I have seen a number of pipe tobacco cigars on the market but most are either out of business or a small cigar at best. I know Thompson offers them but they're too small (I hate a small cigar - they just feel very awkward)

Can anyone offer any guidance on my heresy quest?

Full grown Puffer Fish Wild 7EVEN's Avatar

Re: Pipe Tobacco Cigars

um... you could try this How to Make Pipe Tobacco Cigars | eHow.com I am actually very familiar with this method from my younger years, never did try with tobacco though

he he just trying to google diff options for you, the thompson brittiny panatelas looked like the best of the bunch to me. Never tried anything like it though

Why not try a pipe for when she is around? It's a whole 'nother slope!

I still enjoy cigars, but a VaPer in a cob is hard to beat!

Thompson is the only folks I've found that make them. But, it's a panatela - I don't like smoking a pencil. I had read the ehow piece, too. There must be something wrong with the production of a larger pipe tobacco cigar - perhaps you just can't get it packed tight enough in a wrapper like you can a bowl.

The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Disinterested

Thanks, Drew! I just did a spit-take all over my new monitor!

You could try a number of the Acid / Drew Estates infused blends...

Kuba Kuba smells nice (*I* think). Some others.

Also: Clints smell great (but kinda small).

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ongreystreet's Avatar

I have to admit, I hate this question, and I've heard it many times before.

As someone who has 6 pipes, and over 150 cigars, I consider myself an equal opportunity smoker. I think most people on this forum will agree that it's hard compare th price points between pipe smoking and cigars, there are good arguments for which one costs more, but minus the cost of very expensive pipes, I'd have to say pipe smoking is more economic. So my advice is if you want it to smell like pipe tobacco, then go out and get some pipe tobacco (and a pipe too) and give it a try.
    "Like drinking a beer underwater"

Hey graystreet, I too have pipes and enjoy them. However, I much prefer a wonderful maduro or Connecticut wrapper to a stem. Price is not so much an issue, but size does matter. As stated I do not like a panatela. Rarely do I smoke anything less than a 50 ring.

Have you tried any of the Thompson Brittany line?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Rookee's Avatar

Try these, it doesn't give a size, maybe you can call them in see whats available. Let us know if they're worth it.

Pipe Tobacco Cigars

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ongreystreet's Avatar

I think we have an answer.
    "Like drinking a beer underwater"

Removed per request

Quote Originally Posted by Durocdog View Post
    Guys I have searched everywhere for this information without any luck. My wife hates cigar smoke but loves pipe tobacco. I have seen a number of pipe tobacco cigars on the market but most are either out of business or a small cigar at best. I know Thompson offers them but they're too small (I hate a small cigar - they just feel very awkward)

Can anyone offer any guidance on my heresy quest?
    Light up a smoke, tell her to like it or lump it and kick her vanity on the way out! Thant's what I told my first wife. And the second. And the third...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Brinson's Avatar

Why not just buy a pipe? Pipe tobacco is so much better priced, and is allot easier to store than cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinson View Post
    Why not just buy a pipe? Pipe tobacco is so much better priced, and is allot easier to store than cigars.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I own six pipes - meerschaums, briars, etc. As stated in a previous post, I much prefer a maduro wrapper to a pipe stem. That's why I am searching for a pipe tobacco cigar with the preference of a ring gauge of 42 or greater.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Brinson's Avatar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast