Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thinner cigars? (ring size 30-48)

This is a discussion on Thinner cigars? (ring size 30-48) within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I havent tried many lancero's but I really enjoy the Kristoff Lancero...

Re: Thinner cigars? (ring size 30-48)

I havent tried many lancero's but I really enjoy the Kristoff Lancero

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish woodted's Avatar

Try the PDR Oscuro & Sun Grown, awesome!
    'Gurkha is like the Macdonalds of the cigar world. The menu is huge, generally cheap and often a disappointment. However, sometimes nothing else will hit the spot." bobajob

Maturing Puffer Fish

I'm a fan of the Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic, Acid's Blondie is good if you like the flavor. I've been meaning to try the Cohiba Pequenos tin, but I haven't yet, same with the Cohiba Black (I think). But for driving, my favorite cigar has always been the CAO Italia tin, 5 cigars for under $15, nearly full flavor, quicker to smoke, easy to hold on to while driving. I try and avoid anything long when driving just because I don't want to worry about it bumping into things and breaking. But, I am particularly fond of the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Lancero Oscuro Panatela, though at just under $10 a pop you might want to sit and enjoy this one.

I like smaller RG's too. I prefer a 42 to 50-52ish though.

If you can afford them padron 1964 corona's are very good, Also While i havent tried it yet(i plan to order a box soon) the sancho panza double maduro cervantes, have gotten excelent reviews.

while just a tad bigger(RG of 50) the Oliva serie G robosto maduro is good as well. i found I like bigger RG's as long as there is a nice box press. Both the churchhill and robusto Oliva are 50, but to me feel smaller since there is a heavy box press on them.

Its mild and I haven't smoked one in awhile but the only small rg I remembered always enjoying was the Montecristo #3 5 1/2 x 44.

Newbie in the ocean

Greetings,

the smaller ring and length cigars are always the ones i run out of the most.
    I like Bolivar Cofraida Petites, Cao tins are pretty good Brasilia and Criollos, Punch Bolos and H Upmann Vintage mini's .

For special occasions and treats the Padron Aniversario 1964 in Principe size is quite good. The normal Padron in Londres size good.

The cuban corona has become my go to size replacing the robusto. I guess i puff slow because most robustos last me almost an hour and a half.

Then there are the smaller figurados which are pretty tasty like Oliva Serie O petit figurado, and one from the Dominican Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story.

The most incredible Cigar i have ever smoked in my life was a smaller ring gauge. An H Upmann petite Corona from you know where. If i had to skip eating for a whole day one day a week for a year and then had to pay 100 dollars for just one of those petites i would do it and be unconditionally grateful.

I guess the smaller gauge cigars are like fishing with extra light tackle. It requires control and finesse but the rewards of catching a bonefish or a a brook trout are just if not more rewarding than boating a 700lb marlin. At least for me.

regards,
    m.a.d

Full grown Puffer Fish Barefoot's Avatar

Might want to try the Macanudo Ascot maduro; works for me.
    The Trinidad maduro petites are fine as well.
    X2 on the Olivia series O cigarillo.

No longer a community member. Nickerson's Avatar

I must have had a bad one. The Punch London Club I had was pretty bad...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    The trick to enjoying ANY small RG cigar is to smoke it SLOWLY!!!!

For mini's, it's best to puff gently and less frequently.

A true lancero should take you as long to smoke as a Churchill.
    As usual Don is right on the money here. People tend to think because it's a thinner RG they need to 'hoover' it in record time. I've had lanceros where it took me 2 hours to smoke and it was enjoyable which is not my normal sized cigar. Gently...exactly is the word for enjoying any size cigar..it smokes cooler and you get more from it as far as taste and enjoyment.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanrob19 View Post
    I havent tried many lancero's but I really enjoy the Kristoff Lancero

Love the Kristoff...btw Robbie..love the avatar as I think it's causing some macular degeneration in my left eye now. Is that a slice of bologna in that coverup she's wearing?
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

Even though I tend to lean toward the bigger RG, closer to 60 the better. I do like the smaller ones on occasion and the 2 of them I keep in my humi at all times are, Partagas Black Prontos 4.2 x 36, and the Punch Bolos 4.2 x 36. They both make excellent quick little smokes.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

This thread comes just in time for me. I was curious about these smaller cigars and bought some. I got a tin of the RyJ Reserva Real Cuentos and a tin of the Montecristo White Montes. I've had the RyJ Reserva Real Robusto and the figurado and liked them. Never touched a Montecristo White of any size.

Full grown Puffer Fish Fortune500's Avatar

I don't much care for Lanceros (there are exceptions) but a nice Petit Corona often fits the bill for me.

Plus, I've heard (perhaps falsely) that a lot of the blenders develop their blends using the PC size, so it's often one of the cigars that sticks closest to the flavor profile they were aiming for.
    Wow! Those are beautiful. Let's set 'em on fire!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish eggopp's Avatar

I experienced my first El trunfador tonight which was sent to me by Magnate, i have to say this is an unusually thin cigar for me as im more into the 50RG upwards... However that said its one of the best cigars ive ever tasted, so im gonna try and source some more, there not available in the UK so you guys in the US have no idea how fortunate you are to have such variety.

I smoked an Olica serie V lancero last night(RG-3 and it was pretty damn good.

I liked it over the other serie "V" i have had.
    "If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go." Mark Twain
    My Tarantulas and other stuff go - here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2