Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bundle of 20 vs box of 20

This is a discussion on bundle of 20 vs box of 20 within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; What is the difference between bundle and box? Is there a quality difference?...

Young Puffer Fish

bundle of 20 vs box of 20

What is the difference between bundle and box? Is there a quality difference?

Re: bundle of 20 vs box of 20

Not a quality difference in the gars, only in the packaging. Some vendors do this to keep pricing down. For instance, Tex Cigars states that it does it to keep low pricing on Padron boxes.

Sometimes the is a minor price difference.
    Given the option, I always buy boxes
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Young Fish

No difference at all except there is no box. Usually bundles can be had for cheaper. There is also the presentation value of opening your first box but that is it.

Puffer Fish with many spikes kRaZe15's Avatar

not sure if a box would hold rh a little more because of the cedar but just a thought.
    cigars are like woman, some are fine and some are a little rough around the edges, but each will be enjoyed by someone.

Quote Originally Posted by kRaZe15 View Post
    not sure if a box would hold rh a little more because of the cedar but just a thought.
    Na ... Bundles come shrink wrapped, so it holds the rh in

Siv
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Siv's Avatar

Generally speaking, aren't poorer quality cigars sold in bundles? Of course there are exceptions but I usually see "factory seconds" and the like sold and bundles and rarely the main line production.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Generally speaking, aren't poorer quality cigars sold in bundles? Of course there are exceptions but I usually see "factory seconds" and the like sold and bundles and rarely the main line production.
    Nope ... My local B&M buys a lot of their inventory in bundles and re-uses the boxes to save them an extra buck here & there

Puffer Fish with many spikes Mr. Slick's Avatar

I've never bought a bundle although I have been tempted to do so as a way to beef up my stash for less $. I am afraid I will be stuck with a whole bunch of something that i won't like. The bundles I usually see are 2nds or no namers.

Can anyone recomend some bundled cigars that are good and reasonably priced?

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    Sometimes the is a minor price difference.
    Given the option, I always buy boxes
    I have to agree 100%. Plus, I take the boxes apart to put into my traveldor. It's my primary right now, so I like to have some cedar in it.

There are only a few manufacturers that do this (J Fuego, Casa Magna are a couple). Most of your larger cigar companies only sell their first quality in boxes. Thats not to say that there aren't some good bundle cigars. I actually like Flor de Oliva with a little age.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanrob19 View Post
    Nope ... My local B&M buys a lot of their inventory in bundles and re-uses the boxes to save them an extra buck here & there
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar, change your wife." Zino Davidoff

Leading Puffer Fish nativetexan_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    You may be right. If a brand is to be sold at say $5-$8 a stick, certainly there is reason to improve the presentation. If costlier means higher quality (and surely there is some positive correlation) then you're right. Otherwise, not necessarily so.
    Canton, Texas: home of First Monday Trade Days.

If you are only talking a couple dollars savings, I'd go for the box every time! BUT I like cigar boxes! For the stuff I have bought the quality cigars came in a box and the factory overruns came bundled.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

No difference...I've smoked tons of boxes and bundles and as has been said it's all about the "presentation" and I used to love the boxes but now I don't much care. I smoke the cigars and not the boxes. Lately I have used my boxes to put in my tupperadors ( buy the deeeeep tupperadors to keep the boxes in) and then place my loose cigars inside the box. It keeps the RH almost perfect in there and keeps things nice and organized.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

To save a few bucks, Id buy the bundle.
    If I wanted or needed the box for a project, id buy the box....
    Ive had cigars from a box and from a bundle and noticed no taste difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast