Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cheap full bodied cigars?

This is a discussion on Cheap full bodied cigars? within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; So I'm working on getting together a little "bomb" of sorts for my friend who's been going through some hard ...

No longer a community member.

Cheap full bodied cigars?

So I'm working on getting together a little "bomb" of sorts for my friend who's been going through some hard times,

96p993 gifted me his first humidor in a birthday contest thingy he did on the forums.

So, im going to throw some of my nicer sticks in there but I'd like to fill it with a box of daily smokes or something, I was wondering if any of you know of a decent full bodied (stronger the better for him) smoke(s) for less than $2/stick?

Not Here

Re: Cheap full bodied cigars?

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    decent full bodied (stronger the better for him)
    So are you looking for full bodied or full strength? They are two different things.
    BIA!!!

both would be preferable haha

Not Here

Might want to look into El Rico Habano. They are probably the strongest cigars I have ever smoked. They still have a pretty good flavor though.
    BIA!!!

i think im just gonna scour cbid and see what i can find for relatively cheap for a box of stronger cigars

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    i think im just gonna scour cbid and see what i can find for relatively cheap for a box of stronger cigars
    Not sur what you consider strong. But here a few that I enjoy

La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte
    Cu Avana Intenso
    Indian Tabac Oscuro Fuerte
    JDN Fuerte
    Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo

Those are a few that I enjoy. Your opinion may vary depending on your likes/dislike. The first four seem to be fairly well liked. The Triple Corojo's are not very popular around here, but I really like them

What i consider strong and what HE considers strong is a big difference, lol..

I can just about handle an Oliva V or Man O War ruination, but it's really strong and only on a rare occation for me. He could chain smoke those and be fine. he loves ligero, I'm thinking of picking up a box of gurkha triple ligero's because i know they can be found on cbid really cheap and I had one and it seems like something he'd like.

The indian tabac fuerte look like something he'd enjoy.

I had an LHC oscuro fuerte with him and while it was strong for me he thought it was a "a little too mild" to give you an idea, lol

I would recommend JdN Antanos. They aren't all that expensive compared to most others. Also the Oliva Vs can sometimes be quite cheap especially the double robusto size. Also Camacho Corojo is an option, depending what you consider to be cheap. Another that comes to mind is the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte series which is usually cheap.

Echoing advice from some of the more experienced in the forums, this CI sampler is good option too although not particularly full bodied:
    Don Pepin Garcia 'Top 25' Sampler - Cigars International Pepin Garcia ’Top 25’ Sampler
    A lot of problems in the world can be solved if everyone takes the time to relax and have a cigar.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

How about something by Cain...those are damn good and FULL! Might not want to do a ton of them, but throw in a couple???
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Stogin's Avatar

I had a fiver of CI's Blue Label about a year ago. They were very full bodied for me, but muy delicioso! And they were super cheap, something like 1.50/stick.

Full grown Puffer Fish Matt1951's Avatar

Famous Nicaraguan 7000 Maduro. Bundle of 20 is $45. On closeout. You could order the Pepin sampler at CI, two different ones, $40 for 15 cigars, or $2.67 per cigar. Keep the milder ones, give the potent ones, such as 601 Green, or DPG Blue label.

You can usually pick up Victor Sinclairs cheap.