Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cigar "Seconds"

This is a discussion on Cigar "Seconds" within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I've noticed a couple sites sell name brand cigar "seconds", like Punch Seconds, MOW Seconds and so on. They claim ...

Cigar "Seconds"

I've noticed a couple sites sell name brand cigar "seconds", like Punch Seconds, MOW Seconds and so on. They claim that they are the exact same cigar as to whats usually sold, but because of blemishes and other cosmetic defects they cannot be banded and sold at normal price. It sounds like a pretty good way to get a hold of some decent brands for good price.

Has anyone ever tried any "seconds" before? If so, are they true to what they claim, that they are the same cigar but just look a little off? If so, then its a no brainer for me to pay $40 for 25 Punch Rothschilds, but if the "seconds" are complete junk, i'd rather not be stuck with $40 bucks worth of mulch.

Re: Cigar "Seconds"

ive gotten the RP 1992 seconds..... usually have no issue occasionally theyll burn funky. I do however bury these in the cooler for at least 3-4 before ill smoke one though. I got some drew estate "blue ribbons" that were complete junk so dry when i got them, i tried to sit on them for 6 months to try to revive but they didnt make it (ehh $20 for 20 sticks i didnt have high hopes)
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Puffer Fish with some spikes UncleFester's Avatar

A few months ago I bought a bundle of 20 RP Classic 2nds Torpedo off the Monster for $39. 2 weeks ago I decided to give one a try... INCREDIBLE smoke. I was actually amazed at the construction and burn. Have had 4 since then and not one has disappointed. Tried to buy another bundle, but Famous is sold out. It's actually the best RP I've smoked up to today. I love the Edge Maduros... and this is actually VERY close if not even better.

Damn, can't believe I said that, but there it is.
    "Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift..."

Scotch & Cigars

I used to get the RP Fusion Seconds and they were great. Perdomo has a few Seconds as well that are nicely rated.

The Perdomo ESV '91 2nds are awesome I have not had a bad one yet.

The other cigar I can think of is the La Aurora 2nd'd I have bought a few bundles of the #4's they were not that bad either.
    Better To Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

If you like RP Edges, check out the Edge Squares from Holts. Same blend, just box pressed (these are actually not seconds), and much cheaper! Unfortunately, they only come in 6 packs or boxes of 50....but if you've got room to store 50, they're a great value!

Ok cool, thanks guys! You all answered my question. I'm gonna pull the trigger and order my Punchs and try and pick up the RP Vintage 92s off cbid. Never had the RP but from what i've read, its a good stick. Haven't tried any of the other sticks you guys mentioned, but if these 2nds pay off, i'll def be tryin the others. Can't beat the price.
    Last edited by CigarRat; 07-23-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by CigarRat View Post
    Ok cool, thanks guys! You all answered my question. I'm gonna pull the trigger and order my Punchs and try and pick up the RP Vintage 92s off cbid. Never had the RP but from what i've read, its a good stick.

theyre worth the gamble...its funny how much the band cost
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    If you like RP Edges, check out the Edge Squares from Holts. Same blend, just box pressed (these are actually not seconds), and much cheaper! Unfortunately, they only come in 6 packs or boxes of 50....but if you've got room to store 50, they're a great value!
    This really interests me. I love the RP Edge and if I could pick them up cheaper that'd be money. I took at look at Holts and I can't find "Edge Squares", all that I can find are "Edge Seconds". Is that the same thing? Or am i looking in the wrong spot?

Quote Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
    Haha I was thinkin that same thing

Sorry about the double post. My iPhone was being schizophrenic.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarRat View Post
    This really interests me. I love the RP Edge and if I could pick them up cheaper that'd be money. I took at look at Holts and I can't find "Edge Squares", all that I can find are "Edge Seconds". Is that the same thing? Or am i looking in the wrong spot?
    Linkies:
    Boxes: Holt's Cigar Company - Everything Cigars Since 1898!
    6 packs: Holt's Cigar Company - Everything Cigars Since 1898!

Cool thanks!!
    I'm gona grab a 6er of these (no room for the 50 till i finally set up the cooler i got)

Quote Originally Posted by kapathy View Post
    Not only the band but the boxes as well. Seconds tend to come in bundles instead of boxes. I'm sure some of those boxes are pretty expensive to produce, some are real works of art in themselves.

Maturing Puffer Fish dougdog76861's Avatar

thanks for the info guys