Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oliva Saison???

This is a discussion on Oliva Saison??? within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Anyone tried these, yet?...

Oliva Saison???

Anyone tried these, yet?
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Full grown Puffer Fish TopsiderLXI's Avatar

Re: Oliva Saison???

Never heard of them. Thanks for the heads up though!
    Here, have a cigar. Light it up and be somebody.

Leading Puffer Fish HTML5 Gordon's Avatar

I love Oliva cigars (they are easily in my top 5 producers) but I haven't had much luck with the "by Oliva" cigars made specifically for vendors, like the Magna Carta by Oliva for Thompson, or the Inferno by Oliva for Famous. The Magna Cartas were definitely not in my wheelhouse - pretty much just flavorless, and the Inferno, while not bad, were also not memorable.

I look forward to seeing some reviews of this CI Saison before I give another of these vendor specific smokes a go.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

I was interested until I figured out it was a CI Exclusive...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Roy

Just ordered some I will have a updated review this weekend

Puffer Fish with many spikes Passprotection's Avatar

CI exclusive? I could have swarn that they were advertised on the front of the FS magazine that I got today. Or was it a CI magazine? LOL

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HTML5 Gordon View Post
    I love Oliva cigars (they are easily in my top 5 producers) but I haven't had much luck with the "by Oliva" cigars made specifically for vendors, like the Magna Carta by Oliva for Thompson, or the Inferno by Oliva for Famous. The Magna Cartas were definitely not in my wheelhouse - pretty much just flavorless, and the Inferno, while not bad, were also not memorable.

I look forward to seeing some reviews of this CI Saison before I give another of these vendor specific smokes a go.
    Have you tried the Atlantic 15th by Oliva? Good, good stuff. Not too big a fan of Oliva but I haven't really smoked a whole lot of them. I do like the Cain line, Daytona, F, Habano. The Melanio I really enjoy & the V has been hit or miss. Connecticut was ok but I've only had one while O & G aren't for me. No doubt, exclusives have been, well nicely put not something I cared for but not terribly bad. Definitely do yourselves a favor and try the Atlantic though. Really good exclusive.

The Saison caught my attention on the cover of a CI catalog yesterday. The pricing is kinda low so I'm not expecting much. They do sound decent enough and that's probably what will sum them up. Nice flavor, decent enough for the price. I don't order from CI often though so it'll likely be quite some time before I get one though I am looking forward to hearing what others say about the Saison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Have you tried the Atlantic 15th by Oliva? Good, good stuff. Not too big a fan of Oliva but I haven't really smoked a whole lot of them. I do like the Cain line, Daytona, F, Habano. The Melanio I really enjoy & the V has been hit or miss. Connecticut was ok but I've only had one while O & G aren't for me. No doubt, exclusives have been, well nicely put not something I cared for but not terribly bad. Definitely do yourselves a favor and try the Atlantic though. Really good exclusive.
    Thanks for the heads up on the Atlantic 15th, I'm going to give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by HTML5 Gordon View Post

One good one that I enjoy is the Nica Libre Potencia. Great smoke.

I too am interested in the Saison...
    Cigars for the Troops -donatecigars4troops@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by E Dogg View Post
    One good one that I enjoy is the Nica Libre Potencia. Great smoke.

I too am interested in the Saison...
    Agreed, good point. I really like the Potencias. I actually just got another box about a week ago. They are eerily similar to the Oliva Serie V.

I'm interested to hear some thoughts, too. Typically, if Oliva has their name on it, I will try at least one.

Insomnia sucks! I just ordered a box of the robustos. Figured for $80 and 10 free Serie sticks, it can't be too bad of a deal. Don't know if this is appropriate to put here but I'm willing to trade some of them off if anyone is interested. I should have them by Friday or so. Just PM me.

Young Puffer Fish

So has anyone actually tried one of these yet?

Me Me! I blindly got a box because 1. It Oliva can't be too bad 2. Great box pricing 3. The Sampler that was included. Smoked one ROTT and was very impressed. Smooth medium to lightly full body smoke with good flavor. I'm deffenatly glad that I bought the box. If you look back in the 'What are you smoking now' thread I posted a couple of pics and a little review. CI also has a free shipping code that can be used; however I somehow missed it with my purchase.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I have one sitting in my humidor maybe I will try it tomorrow after dinner. The label says Saison with by Oliva underneath in smaller letters. I purched a V seiies sampler and one single Saison to try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast