Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do cigars affect your sleep?

This is a discussion on Do cigars affect your sleep? within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Originally Posted by gene Nicotine does have the side effect of causing insomnia as well as nightmares, flatulance, diarrhea, constipation, ...

Committed

Re: Do cigars affect your sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    Nicotine does have the side effect of causing insomnia as well as nightmares, flatulance, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, palpitations, hypertension, and the ever dreaded hiccups (very problematic while trying to smoke). Obviously this doesn't happen to every one nor does it happen every time one uses nicotine/nicotine products. If it becomes a problem that you can't stand- smoke earlier in the day and let the nic levels decrease by the time you go to sleep. Some other things to try- don't exercise before sleeping, avoid alcohol because once the alcohol wears off so do the effects (then you wake and it's more difficult to go back to sleep). On the lighter side, if you can't go to sleep that gives you more time to smoke another cigar.
    Interesting. I actually get acid reflux/heartburn once in a while, but not often at all.
    我恨棕色襯衣

Out to lunch

No effect here. If I'm smoking, chances are it is just before I go to bed. Seems that is the only time I can get away. Never really had any issues. Then again, I rarely feel the effects of the nicotine unless I chain smoke several strong cigars.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish kjjm4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman13 View Post
    This is a strange concensus to me. I've found smoking a cigar so relaxing to the point that I get tired from it.

Strange...
    You're not alone. I feel a littel drowsy after I smoke a cigar too.

Only when they're lit...then I try to stay awake so's not to burn the mattress!
    Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.
    George Burns

Yeah they affect my sleep alot. Try smoking an opus#4 late at night. Also I notice I sleep real light and when I do sle ep I have real weird, vivid dreams. Most of which I wouldn't want to discuss on a public website http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/images_cs3/vis.gif

Newbie in the ocean

Yes I know this is an old thread.
    As a fairly new cigar smoker I've noticed that I don't sleep well often times after enjoying a cigar early that evening. By eliminating other factors I can directly tie this to the cigar. It's hard to fall asleep and I have some skin itching ant twitching. It's really odd but after lots of eliminating other things this is without doubt an effect of the cigar.

Am I the only one who experiences this?

cigars don't affect my sleep but cbid does

when I'm buying auction cigars I find myself waking up earlier than normal to check the new listings before I have to get ready for work

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Nicotine makes me sleep deeply. So deeply that I can answer my wife's questions without fully waking up.

It also make my dreams extremely vivid.

Full grown Puffer Fish Ricardo-'s Avatar

I sleep like a baby every night regardless of what I eat/drink/smoke. Always been like that. Lucky I guess.

Wake up 5:30 am on week days and 7-8 on weekends.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    Nicotine makes me sleep deeply. So deeply that I can answer my wife's questions without fully waking up.

It also make my dreams extremely vivid.
    That might not always end well I don't even want to think of what I might agree to in my sleep.

The only problem I have is dreaming of finding more Viaje. Yes I dream about my favorite cigars and the sick onsession I have to find more. My precious! Cigars relax me as well so if anything I find myself sleeping well after an evening cigar.

I sleep like a baby. I wake up every couple hours crying.

Nope. I sleep fine all the time.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

All that Vitamin N keeps me awake if I smoke within 5 hours of bedtime.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish anthony d's Avatar

Doesn't affect me at all... I only smoke on the weekends though, and I still wake up at 5AM.

A really strong stogie will keep the sandman at bay, but otherwise, no. & I usually smoke in the evening after dinner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast