Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Padron 1964 vs 1926

This is a discussion on Padron 1964 vs 1926 within the Cigar Questions forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Can anyone who has tried both the Padron 1964 Anniversary Series and Padron 1926 Serie compare the two? I want ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Padron 1964 vs 1926

Can anyone who has tried both the Padron 1964 Anniversary Series and Padron 1926 Serie compare the two? I want to order one but I don't know which to get. Thanks.

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

Re: Padron 1964 vs 1926

Quote Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
    Can anyone who has tried both the Padron 1964 Anniversary Series and Padron 1926 Serie compare the two? I want to order one but I don't know which to get. Thanks.
    That is like asking if you prefer apples or oranges.
    You will undoubtedly get a mixed repsonse.

My suggestion is for you to read reviews here and at top25cigar.com and choose what appeals to you more.

That being said, I prefer the 1926.

Not Here

IMO the 64 is a creamier, smoother smoke. They are both good but I prefer the 64.
    BIA!!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by madurolover View Post
    IMO the 64 is a creamier, smoother smoke. They are both good but I prefer the 64.
    I agree on the '64 over the '26 ... but as tastes are individual, you very well may want to try a few of each before laying down the cashola on a box of one or the other.

IMO, that's a lot of jack to think about spending on a "I wonder if I'll like them" box of stogies.

I prefer the 26, I find it smoother than the 64...
    "Never trust a MassHole offering to send you anything..."

Quote Originally Posted by monsoon View Post
    ...but as tastes are individual, you very well may want to try a few of each before laying down the cashola on a box of one or the other.

IMO, that's a lot of jack to think about spending on a "I wonder if I'll like them" box of stogies.
    Great advice there. Both are easy to get as singles right now. It could be temporary. You should definitely just get a single to try. The flavors of both lines vary quite a bit from size to size. It's blending at it's best. I like the 1964 Pyramids and 1926 #1, 9 and 6s. They are really great smokes and I'd hate to have to live without one or the other. In general, the 64's are more medium and the 26's more full bodied. But to me it's more of what kind of apples do you like. You probably will not get a bad one.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Deuce Da Masta's Avatar

Myself, I did not care for the '64 too much. I have some '26s coming and hope they are better.

Puffer Fish with many spikes DennisP's Avatar

I've smoked 2 26 6's recently and haven't been greatly impressed. They've been good cigars, but nothing amazing, especially considering the price. I also have found the construction of the cap to poor, maybe I'm spoiled by Pepin's triple cap.

I smoked a large 26, can't remember which, a few months back and remember enjoying it, I may need to give them another chance or try other vitolas.

I look forward to trying 64s, hopefully this weekend.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Coffee Grounds's Avatar

26th is smooth as silk
    64th is very smooth

This being said I think you really have to enjoy Padron flavor profiles.
    If your into more complex cigars you might not like these as much.

The 26th is a perfect 10 for me
    The 64th is a 9.5

Full grown Puffer Fish cryinlicks's Avatar

Definately use Top25 and the comments here together to get an idea. I personally love both. I find the 26s to be a little more peppery, slightly fuller flavored, and stronger (nicotine).

1926's by far IMHO........they're fuller bodied and the flavor is wonderful and unique.

The 64's are very good and I really like them...........that tells you how much I like the 1926's.

PILLOWS???!!!!..........THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!!!!

sg9

Quote Originally Posted by cryinlicks View Post
    Definately use Top25 and the comments here together to get an idea. I personally love both. I find the 26s to be a little more peppery, slightly fuller flavored, and stronger (nicotine).
    and I concur...
    Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

Neither the 26 or the 64 are very complex, in that for my money they taste very, very similar. The 64 is medium to full, the 26 is dead on full. In my opinion the 64 is a little smoother. Not that the 26 is harsh or anything, the 64 is just amazing is all.
    Look for the book on iTunes and Amazon starting Jan 9, 2012!
    Web: http://www.addydaauthor.com, Twitter : @Addy_da_Author

Puffer Fish with many spikes DennisP's Avatar

I must've missed something when I smoked my 26's. I thought they were pretty mild and not even medium.

I need to try these again because I'm thinking all these gorillas can't be wrong.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader ca21455's Avatar

I have smoked several of each but never very close together so it is difficult to compare. Would not hesitate purchasing either the 26 or 64, however I do prefer the maduro in both lines over the natural wrapper.

So I would vote for a large size 6 - 7" 50+ RG in maduro of either.

Holt's has a maduro sampler of each of the Padrons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast