Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Please send me Cigars for the Troops!!!!!

This is a discussion on Please send me Cigars for the Troops!!!!! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Do we know how these will be disseminated? Are they going to a particular unit? Just curious, and thanks Dave ...

Re: Please send me Cigars for the Troops!!!!!

Do we know how these will be disseminated? Are they going to a particular unit?

Just curious, and thanks Dave (aka Smelvis).

K

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by kellzey View Post
    Do we know how these will be disseminated? Are they going to a particular unit?

Just curious, and thanks Dave (aka Smelvis).

K
    Tim's old unit I think was 101st he's got lot's of buds, I think he would love to talk to anyone with questions just pm me for his number and don't let the recording scare you it say's this is special agent Tim Bonnette ect, LOL he is now cid so he will send to people he knows he can trust to pass them out!

I just called to find out exactly how and who. I am hoping to disperse them to as many individual guy's as possible, I will report back the squads and unit numbers as soon as he calls back.
    Last edited by smelvis; 11-21-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added text

I've been the recipient of some true generosity in the last week or so - especially from Smelvis and Teddles - so it's only right that I repay the kindness. I can't send a ton, but I'll send what I can.

Thanks for the opportunity Dave!

We make a living by what we get; We make a life by what we give.

Thanks Everyone
    WE will make this happen. I didn't hear from my Nephew tonight so I called my brother he was in the 101 airborne himself so he is sure we will talk tomorrow, He is traveling now, last night when he called he was in a motel. I will get the exact info as the 101st is kinda big as a whole,LOL I personally don't care what unit or country myself, I do want them to be split up evenly and I do want pictures of the fellas smoking our sticks.

I also wanted to say this is an honor to me and I am excited in doing this, I also want to say a few words to everyone! I know times are tough so don't worry if you can't afford to send cigars, I'll cover everyone who can't. Also still please send a letter or card if you can't send cigars. I really think a crayon drawing from a kid or a letter from any of us IS a big deal.

One other thought this is easy enough that I believe I can continue with our regularly scheduled.. runs.

Thanks Again!

Hey Dave-

I'll have a package out Monday. Great idea and thanks for coordinating it.

Jeff

Great idea Uncle! I will be sure and bring down a stack of cigars for this when I come down next week for thanksgiving and maybe have some good's shipped to you if I find some good deals on Monday.

Listen folks, I am contacting my local B&M and asking for a discount on boxes of good cigars and supplies (i.e., cutters). I am sending them this link, so they know it's a legit request.

It cannot hurt, and the more we can get, the better.

Karl

bump for good cause

Quote Originally Posted by kellzey View Post
    bump for good cause
    Thanks Karl, Everyone meet my Nephew Staff Sargent CID Special Agent Timothy Bonnette

Info to follow! Duh 101st isn't there now or at least not many, I am using Tim because I can TRUST him to get the gars where we want them, and he is uniquely qualified to know all the rules. LOL

PS I am so proud of this kid!!

I'll get something out to you as soon as I can Dave. We also send to some troops as well so it may not be much. Good to cover as many as possible. I will also add that we go to Sam's Club and purchase quantities of snack cookies, powder drink mixes, cheese-its, paperback puzzle books, hand sanitizer, lotion, wet wipes, playing cards. You get the idea. It is easy to forget the things they do without. A few little things like this mixed in with the cigars will mean alot as well.

My orders for the troops so far.

CAO Gold Robusto 10pk-bdl
    10 CIGARS

Gurkha Micro-Batch VH-7 BP Toro [2/5]
    10 CIGARS
    My contribution so far, all ordered on sale at good prices.

Edge Toro COROJO 10pk-bdl
    10 CIGARS

La Aurora Escogidos Robusto [2/5] x2
    20 CIGARS

CAO Dream Team Sampler [2/5] x2
    20 CIGARS

Perdomo Grand Cru Torpedo COR 10pk-bdl
    10 CIGARS (

Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto 10pk-bdl
    10 CIGARS

Most of these except maybe the cao's and what I use for bombs will go as well.

Another Humidor for anyone who really sends a shitload, ONLY for a very generous donation for the troops.

Okay Now it's time to take a break, it's a dogs world. LOL
    Last edited by smelvis; 11-22-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added some pics

Before Work! Have a Good Day!

Full grown Puffer Fish blueeyedbum's Avatar

Package sent.
    No more "TO DO" Lists. At the end of the day I write down what I got done and then I cross it off.

Muhahaha!

Smelvis, I hope you have C-17 ready to deploy cigars.

Let's just say... I have sponsors!!!!

I'm also getting all my employees to write cards and letters

Come on brothers, let's see you pledge some sticks for Smelvis' troop cigar drive.

Think of his generosity to us all.

It's payback time

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast