Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Troop Raffle (Winter 2010)

This is a discussion on Troop Raffle (Winter 2010) within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; ...

Troop Raffle (Winter 2010)

Hello All,

If this is your first time, or you just want a reminder of what this was like the last time, here's a link. It's a bit of the same, but a bit different.

Ways to Enter:
    1. Send cigars to smelvis, each five cigars is equal to one entry. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR PUFF NAME SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU IF YOU WIN. The address is:

Dave Bonette
    PO Box 3563
    Bellevue, WA 98009

2. Every $25 donated to Dave is equal to one entry. PayPoo address: smelvis@nym.hush.com.

There are two groups of prizes. I've coordinated with a few retailers around the country and some folks on Twitter and other places to help raise support. So there is both a general pool of prizes open to all that chose to participate and Puff only prizes. Because of the support the troops have gotten on Puff, a few of us have thrown together some Puff exclusive prizes. A few people might also be bombed at random for supporting the troops, no promises your mailbox stays safe.

Update: If you send a five-pack of Premium Sticks (valued at $40 or more) you will receive two entires per five-pack. Dave and I will determine if you qualify for it, we are looking for high-end stuff that you would find at B&Ms (Ashtons, Oliva Serie V, Liga Privada, etc...) Not some random Rocky or Gurkha that CI says should cost $9. If you have questions or concerns, PM me.

General Prize Pool:
    • Box of Brickhouse Cigars from J.C. Newman
    • Box of Master by Carlos Toraño signed by Carlos Toraño and Felipe Sosa from Toraño Family Cigars
    • Sampler of Guillermo León by La Aurora from La Aurora & Miami Cigar & Co.
    • Sampler of Nestor Miranda Ruky signed by Nestor Miranda from Miami Cigar & Co.
    • Sampler of La Sirena from Miami Cigar & Co.
    • Sampler (6 Pack) of 262 from 262
    • Sampler (6 Pack) of 262 from 262
    • Xikar Xi1 Cutter from Xikar
    • Premium Five-Pack from me
    • Five-Pack from smelvis
    • Five-Pack from shuckins
    • Five-Pack from swingerofbirches
    • Five-Pack from David
    • Box of Liga Privada Ünico Serie Dirty Rat signed by Steve Saka from Drew Estate

Puff Exclusive Prize Pool:
    • Custom Ashtray from Humidor Minister*
    • Five-Pack from me
    • Five-Pack from smelvis
    • Five-Pack of "special" cigars from smelvis
    • Five-Pack from shuckins
    • Five-Pack from bigslowrock
    • Fuente Five-Pack from Batista30
    • Five-Pack from Batista30
    • Six premium aged pack from Jerry
    • Palío Burlwood Cutter from smelvis
    • Montecristo Signature Cutter (not the slim one, the good one) from smelvis
    • CAO Champions Sampler (10 Cigars) from smelvis
    • Perdomo Lighter (Gunmetal) from smelvis
    • Lotus Lighter (Cigars International) from smelvis
    • Xikar Plunge Lighter from smelvis
    • Vector Triple Flame from smelvis
    • There might be more prizes added as the contest goes on, including milestone prizes - details will be added as the contest progresses
    • Fuente Five-Pack from Batista30
    • Five-Pack from Batista30
    • Five-Pack from Bigtotoro

*Humidor Minister's ashtray will be donated after sixty entrants (three hundred cigars) are in, I'll notify you when we have reached that.

Here's a picture of some of Bill's (Humidor Minister) work and the custom wood he'll be using for this piece.

Contest Rules:
    • Both contests will end December 15th, Winners will be chosen December 16th and announced December 17th.
    • Please do this in good spirit, everyone was pretty good about this last time. Send smokes you'd smoke.
    • Please make sure that you pack your cigars (particularly if they aren't in cellophane), nothing worse than throwing out cigars from transit damage
    • If you would like to send treats (jerky, candy, nuts, etc) feel free to send it and Dave will assess its value and add it to your total. At this time, Dave says we are good on toiletries and what not.
    • Feel free to post DCs in this thread, Dave will take pictures of your donations, just like last time.
    • If you'd like to sponsor a prize, PM me and I'll add you to the list.
    • If you have any other questions, please contact me and I'll make sure to get them answered.

Finally, a large thanks to all of the sponsors including Buckhead Cigar Club LLC and Uptown Cigar, who are participating in other ways, and all of you for donating.

Good luck to all and thanks for your support!

Charlie

Thanks to smelvis, shuckins, swingerofbirches, Humidor Minister and all of the Puff Mods for their support.
    Last edited by Blaylock; 12-06-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Changed contest dates as requested by OP.
    http://twitter.com/charlieminato
    editor, halfwheel.com

Re: Troop Raffle (Winter 2010)

Here are some pictures...

Humidor Minister is using this wood.

Just so you can get an idea of the quality of Bill's work, here's a picture of Dave's ashtray. (Dave tells me its made of 247 pieces)

If not, you can check out his site. Humidor Minister
    editor, halfwheel.com

Okay... first incentive. First one to post a DC number with cigars for Dave gets my wish in this thread:
    Non CC MAW - The Easy Version (Good for Noobs too!)

First DC I see gets it.
    editor, halfwheel.com

Here it is Charlie!

9101 1888 8554 0515 2582 00

Hopefully there will be more to come from me!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batista30 View Post
    Here it is Charlie!

9101 1888 8554 0515 2582 00

Hopefully there will be more to come from me!
    Gah! You beat me! Oh well! I'll have some packages headed out soon.

Thanks Veeral. Wish is all yours...

Erich, there's going to be plenty of prizes/bombs/special prizes... believe me.
    editor, halfwheel.com

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Evonnida's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid View Post
    Thanks Veeral. Wish is all yours...

Erich, there's going to be plenty of prizes/bombs/special prizes... believe me.
    I'm sure there will be. You guys do an awesome thing here and I'll be glad to have some part of it. Thanks for the opportunity.

No longer a community member.

WTG Guy's Thanks Charlie for taking the lead here it is a big relief you are doing the record keeping, Puff, Jon and all Mods Thanks for your continued support, we will make you proud and Put the troops first where they belong!!! Also Bill and all donors Thanks for your generosity bros!!

Dave

Leading Puffer Fish swingerofbirches's Avatar

Great stuff; great cause!

btw ... that ashtray is fantastic!
    "The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places." - Hemingway

Removed per request

looking good guys!

let's make it even more intersting:

i will be doing some random bombing by picking my targets from the donators list. 1 bomb will be sent every time we get 10 people entered.that's a 1 in 10 chance of getting bombed,even more if you enter more than once in a segment of 10. the more times you donate,the better chance you have to win something,and yes,you can be bombed more than once!

i also have something special in mind for when we hit 100 entrants,so get up and get it done good people of PUFF!!

Leading Puffer Fish swingerofbirches's Avatar

Uh oh ... if Ron is classifying it as "special" then you know it's gonna be good!
    "The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places." - Hemingway

On the way as soon as I get home tonight:

dc# 9405 5036 9930 0402 5783 73

Quick question for you two.

Is there a size and/or wrapper type that the soldiers like best? I'll be buying for this, but figured I'd ask ahead of time to make sure they get what they want. Thanks!

Easier without the hat. Bigtotoro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekengland07 View Post
    Quick question for you two.

Is there a size and/or wrapper type that the soldiers like best? I'll be buying for this, but figured I'd ask ahead of time to make sure they get what they want. Thanks!
    It is going to such a large group of people that it would be just about impossible to figure for that. Except for Opuses. Soldiers just don't like those nasty, old Opus X seegars. Better send those to me for disposal.

I have no use for RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtotoro View Post
    It is going to such a large group of people that it would be just about impossible to figure for that. Except for Opuses. Soldiers just don't like those nasty, old Opus X seegars. Better send those to me for disposal.
    Fair enough. I just vaguely remembered something about the soldiers not having large blocks of time to smoke and didn't know if shorter sticks (ie rothschilds or robustos) are the way to go or it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast