Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The reason I contribute through others.

This is a discussion on The reason I contribute through others. within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; This is an excerpt from the ADF guidelines on sending care packages to our troops. Where it states "Cigarettes" I ...

The reason I contribute through others.

This is an excerpt from the ADF guidelines on sending care packages to our troops. Where it states "Cigarettes" I have been informed this includes all tobacco products & if detected the whole package will be destroyed, ie burnt. I am also not allowed to know an APO address, care packs have to be sent through military distribution.

Things not to send:

Alcohol
    No Clothing, Except socks
    Aerosols
    Cigarettes
    Pork
    chocolate (melts)
    Magazines with naked people.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Re: The reason I contribute through others.

Whoa! Geez, this is so odd to me because it always seems out here that the foreign services have it WAY better than us. Generally the European services (for the most part) are allowed to drink, and have nearly whatever material they would be allowed to enjoy at home here. I've got to say, this is severely dissappointing to me. I've seen and have been fortunate enough to spend time with some Australian troops on previous deployments, and I've not had the misfortune of running across even that seemed to be anything other then a stand up person. Well, the cigar offers will absolutely fly free when I move to my next camp in a few weeks. Lots of foreign (to me) services there, all of us away from home, and they as much as anyone deserve a damn cigar if they please!!!

Sorry, /end soapbox...
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

LOL Jordan. As much as I give kudos to all western troops I find it hard to give the level of support that I wish to give to the Aussies. In many ways this forum allows me to do so on my terms, ie "Have a smoke mate & enjoy the crap out of your downtime!" Thanks to all that allow me to do what I feel needs to be done.

I completely understand, if the roles were reveresed, I would very much imagine finding myself in your shoes. I just find it hard to imagine why it wouldn't be allowed for you to send a cigar to your own troops. Do they give any further justification on it?

No not really. There was a push through lower govt to ban smoking all together in the armed forces recently. The anti smoking nazis are strong here as they dont have lives themselves. Luckily there was a furore over that and those people got put back in their boxes. I really hope they stay there too but I doubt it. :-( It seems your allowed to fight & die for your country but you are not allowed to take the risk of dying from tobacco!

Wow, now that's a damn shame. Although... this really gets the mischevious gears a turnin in the old noggin... Hmmm...

It's all good. I have ways and means to circumvent that crap now. LOL.

Hell yeah! Although this does give a healthy amount of fun ideas and shenannigans for me to get myself into... Muahahaha *evil laugh* lol

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    Hell yeah! Although this does give a healthy amount of fun ideas and shenannigans for me to get myself into... Muahahaha *evil laugh* lol
    Now this sounds interesting! LOL.

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

yes...quite!

There are no sane human beings

Nothing too terribly set in stone quite yet, I am putting feelers out and getting folks on board though. So far I can say that it will most likely include multiple nationalities, bonfire, marshmellows, stogies, music and possibly a jar of pickles... I'll let you folks know when I really do get something cooking though, chances are it might not be until after the holidays though. Maybe right on the holidays, we should be moving to this multinational camp in about 13 days... More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    Nothing too terribly set in stone quite yet, I am putting feelers out and getting folks on board though. So far I can say that it will most likely include multiple nationalities, bonfire, marshmellows, stogies, music and possibly a jar of pickles... I'll let you folks know when I really do get something cooking though, chances are it might not be until after the holidays though. Maybe right on the holidays, we should be moving to this multinational camp in about 13 days... More to come...
    Works for me. Can I send Vegemite? LMAO. J/K.

Thankyou Rob. I am humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Works for me. Can I send Vegemite? LMAO. J/K.
    Hahaha, heck yeah! lol. Let me get things squared up and set first. I'm working on POC's for all the different countries now, so it could be a while, especially since I'm not there yet. Hopefully I'll get one for the Aussie's soon, especially considering that they'll be the inspiration for this... lol. I keep hearing about this vegimite stuff, I may have to ask for a taste when we do this... lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast