Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Charity for a Cigar Club1

This is a discussion on Charity for a Cigar Club1 within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hello! My name name is SSG DeMartin and I am currently deployed in A-Stan with 3-321 FAR. I am trying ...

Newbie in the ocean

Charity for a Cigar Club1

Hello! My name name is SSG DeMartin and I am currently deployed in A-Stan with 3-321 FAR. I am trying to start a cigar club/ raffle with the unit and was hoping if anyone would help and donate anything to help the cause. Thanks in advance!

Donations can be sent to:

SSG DeMArtin
    3-321st FAR 82nd ABN DIV
    FOB Salerno
    APO AE 09314

Re: Charity for a Cigar Club1

givin your profession, im sure you can find many here that will help, we love to support our troops and vets.

however, you might want to post around, post a thread in the newbie area, and get to know some of us, as we get to know you, just so we can better help you and your cause.

also.... welcome to puff!

Service or not, wrong way to approach this methinks. Have a chat to a member here called "Smelvis". He may be able to help your cause.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

i agree... i was trying to put it nicely. lol. as not to discourage our new member.

No longer a community member.

Hi Adam
    Welcome to Puff, here is my email brother smelvis@nym.hush.com Please send me an email with as much info as you can, the longer and more info the better. The more I know about you the better we can try and help.

How did you here about us your APO looks familiar, I know we sent to the 101st but it's huge so that doesn't mean much. One of my real blood brothers was 101st. he put his 20 in finishing in the reserves!

Look forward to hearing from you and we have quite a few military members here so feel free to jump right on in.

Thanks For Serving Brother!

Dave

Now for what the fella's are saying....

The guy's are right it's best to have a few posts under your belt, the 1st post being send me cigars is not the right way to start. so no worries lets start over and do some posting and let us get to know you a little first! You can imagine the list we have that we send to it's pretty big and we do send a lot. Puff people are the most generous I have ever met.

So get to posting bro!

Thanks
    Last edited by smelvis; 01-02-2011 at 05:51 AM.

I'm not going to jump on the other info, but will extend an invitation. If you're ever in the far north, let me know. If you or any of your people come through, I usually always have cigars on hand to pass out to folks. I just sent a couple of folks up to the Herytan Gates in the north with about 40'ish cigars on top of about 15 from a month ago to pass around. Let me know.

Also, welcome to Puff. If you're into cigars, this is about one of the best places to be. Make an intro thread and tell folks a little about yourself. I think you'll find that you may like this place quite a bit.
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

Quote Originally Posted by gibson_es View Post
    i agree... i was trying to put it nicely. lol. as not to discourage our new member.
    You still here?

Newbie in the ocean

Yeah, I figured I came off too strong. My apologies. Not really use to asking for charity. I am at Salerno right now, eastern Afghan. There is a cigar club here called "Rocket City Cigar"; however it's said to be opened to anyone, but ran by Officers that made my troops feel unwelcomed. We are also manning our howitzers and Fire control 24/7 so it makes it hard and near impossible for some of our troops to enjoy. This in turn sparked the idea to create a club of our own to promote morale and something to look foward too.
    The 101st is here now, we (the 82nd ABN DIV) are replacing them. I would like nothing more to fund this club myself but unable to . Once again I am truly sorry that I came right out so strong. I do look forward to chatting with new friends, hope to hear from all soon.

Newbie in the ocean

Also, before being stationed at FT. Bragg, I was in the 101st as well. I was in the 2-320th "BALLS OF THE EAGLE"

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    You still here?
    i had to pass out....err... i mean go to sleep sometime! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.demartin View Post
    Yeah, I figured I came off too strong. My apologies. Not really use to asking for charity. I am at Salerno right now, eastern Afghan. There is a cigar club here called "Rocket City Cigar"; however it's said to be opened to anyone, but ran by Officers that made my troops feel unwelcomed. We are also manning our howitzers and Fire control 24/7 so it makes it hard and near impossible for some of our troops to enjoy. This in turn sparked the idea to create a club of our own to promote morale and something to look foward too.
    The 101st is here now, we (the 82nd ABN DIV) are replacing them. I would like nothing more to fund this club myself but unable to . Once again I am truly sorry that I came right out so strong. I do look forward to chatting with new friends, hope to hear from all soon.

no worries, its all good, just wanted to make sure we got you pointed in the right direction! lol

Quote Originally Posted by adam.demartin View Post
    Many here contribute to the Troops cause in varying ways & through varying channels. I in no way meant to demean your cause, just the excecution of it. If ANY member came on here asking for cigars my reply would be the same. Anyway, you have Dave's email & I hope it works out. Be well, strive to be happy Adam.

Newbie in the ocean

I was also once stationed at Ft. Campell (101st ASSLT) with the 2-320th FAR, "BALLS OF THE EAGLE"

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Many here contribute to the Troops cause in varying ways & through varying channels. I in no way meant to demean your cause, just the excecution of it. If ANY member came on here asking for cigars my reply would be the same. Anyway, you have Dave's email & I hope it works out. Be well, strive to be happy Adam.

No worries. Thanks for your help!