Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Smack Down in A-Stan Part Duex!!!

This is a discussion on Smack Down in A-Stan Part Duex!!! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Good morning, afternoon or night as the case may be! On todays latest episode of what you folks do for ...

Smack Down in A-Stan Part Duex!!!

Good morning, afternoon or night as the case may be! On todays latest episode of what you folks do for the troops, I bring you the latest and greatest beating delivered by Dave AKA Smelvis. So, call your friends and family, pop some popcorn (we have some here now, lol) and sit back while enjoying the show that YOU ALL produced!

If I may take a note from eyesack, I hope that you can enjoy the music during the show!
    YouTube - America, The Beautiful : Ray Charles '91

So, it is a rare occasion that down time is ever had out here. To be honest, it's not as bad as it sounds. It keeps you busy and focused. Less time for idle hands and an idle mind to think about home or just be bored. Well, today was supposed to be a sleep in day for me and if you can't tell by the bags under my eyes, boy did I need it!

Well, somewhere around 3:30AM, I awoke to the really big boom that has become somewhat familiar. *sigh*. Finished dealing with that, and obviously, I wasn't going back to bed. So, instead of sleeping in, I was in the office REALLY early... lol. I was hard at work, or hardly working surfing puff as the case may be...lol, when our mail clerks came back from the postal tent. Then, they sat this massive pile of bombs down in my office amid shout's of "RUN AWAY!!!!"

I called Jack Bouer, and he said he was coming down with some nasty virus from some nasty terrorist attack.... yeah, yeah, whatever. Sissy.

I knew there was only one person left to dial. Chuck. That's right, Chuck Norris. Chuck FREAKIN Norris. I sent him pictures of the device and told him that I needed his help, expecting the fellow cigar smoker to help a brother out! He claims he was busy trying to see if he could roundhouse kick the cuban embargo away.... right...

Great, now I've gotta do it!!! So, I put on my big boy britches, grab my knife and my stuffed puppy dog (don't judge me, lol) and set about dismantling these 4, FREAKING 4 boxes! (one box showed up 20 minutes after first pic)

Well, needless to say, I was kind of a little taken off guard! I mean, Dave told me these were coming, but the difference between hearing this stuff on puff and actually receiving it out here is a BIG one! I mean it's no longer a look at the pictures or typed words of what you all accomplished, it's now the act of digging through the piles of thought, selflessness and generosity of really amazing people. Hopefully these pictures will do it justice! Here's a view of one massive freaking pile of toiletries, decks of cards, snacks, letters and far too many things to even remotely begin to list. There are a few items missing from the photo's, people just have no respect for kodak moments anymore and I couldn't keep their grubby little mitts out of the goodies!

Now, may I direct your attention to the main event. The glue, that binds us. The leaf that joins us and the source of our obsessions... The cigars!!! I feel compelled to warn you all, what you are about to see here may be considered graphic to some audience members. If there are children present, or any patrons with weak constitutions, I suggest you look away...

Seriously. Freaking whoa!!! Yet again, a MASSIVE pile of stogies!!! There was a showing from such actors as Nub, HDM, Diesel, Arturo Fuente, Oliva, Acid, 5 Vegas, Indian Tabac, Rocky Patel, Perdomo, Man 'O War and MANY others! There were lighters, cutters, zip-loc's, water pillow's... I mean where do I begin and where does this stuff end?!?! Then I recalled Dave telling me there was a little travel case in there for me! Oooooohhhh, now where is that thing? Found it!

Wow. I mean, did you see those smokes?!?!?! In my over excited state, please allow me to tell you!
    Hoyo De Monterrey
    Saint Luis Rey
    Punch RE
    All from an unknown location...
    Next, may I announce the ever famed WOAM! Did you like that?! How about an OpusX?!?!?!

Thanks Dave, I will cherish the case almost as much as the memories made smoking the goodies inside. I dare say the greatest gift that I, along with every troop out here, have been bombed with repeatedly is the friendship of you and the amazing folks here on puff.

Whew, ok, back to the regularly scheduled programming! Well, even with three humidors amongst the cigar smokers in the building, there was just no room for these sticks. Hmmmm... what can I do about this. I mean, I know I seem to have gathered some kind of a hobby out here, now what was it.... Oh, that's right! STOGIE SANTA!

That's what the packages look like while prepping them to be handed out! Now, don't be upset, that is but a mere fraction of the total bomb! My work has just begun distributing this bad boy! I've hit about 4 different units with stogies and assorted goodies so far today and have a MUCH bigger list lined up. Each baggie is loaded up with cigars, lighter/ matches, cutters, water pillow, letters from Dave on behalf of Puff, Cards from *************** and cards from a lot of awesome American's.

Words can't express the emotions provoked, but I'll leave you with something you may or may not have heard before. Something you may or may not have dismissed as an exaggeration. It is because of people like you, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU, that we do what we do. There is no greater motivator than being backed by a grateful mass populace of selfless, generous, thoughtful individuals that seem hell bent on making the world brighter for someone else. A people who don't give a damn if it's one person or a million. A people who could care less if it's a slight smirk or a smile to last a lifetime. I consider you all friends beyond measure and would be damn proud to shake your hands.
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

No longer a community member.

Re: Smack Down in A-Stan Part Duex!!!

Nice to see you guy's smiling Brother,

Dave

Wow, very cool to say the least. Really makes it all worth it!

Full grown Puffer Fish txemtp69's Avatar

Now That's the Good Stuff.

Scotch & Cigars

Another great hit! Enjoy brother this is some great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Nice to see you guy's smiling Brother,

Dave
    Thanks again Dave, there were a whole bunch of smiling faces when I started handing those out today! Hopefully those folks will be making contact with you or Puff soon! If nothing else, you can easily expect to see some smoking action from me soon!
    So far today, about 25% of the cigars have been distributed amongst 4 units here on the camp. The goodies and other items have been run through by 3 units and the leftovers will be taken to the Chapel to distribute tomorrow so that those I'm unaware of can receive some goodies as well! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to swing through the post office to see if I can at least mail the cigars in country (they've got some cigar smokers in there too ). They don't like us sending them home, but if I can't mail them in country, I have convoys and hilo missions planned coming up and I can hand them out in person.

Right now I'm planning on the remaining 75% Being split between three places out here. Herytan Gates, Konduz and Ghowrmach. These are those spots where life is rough. These guys have it about as bad as it gets within my reach and little to no access to this stuff on their own. One of them sent a thank you e-mail that Smelvis posted from the previous batch of goodies they got!

***Oh, BTW, sorry for the half smirk dead look on my face! I really was excited, just running on 3 hours of sleep for the past two nights!

Quote Originally Posted by txemtp69 View Post
    Now That's the Good Stuff.
    +1 Agreed!!!

No longer a community member.

Jordon also writes about the best bomb reports or at least among the best I have seen, kinda gets you all excited with him.

Thanks for posting Pictures brother!

I love reading stuff like this!

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Jordon also writes about the best bomb reports or at least among the best I have seen, kinda gets you all excited with him.

Thanks for posting Pictures brother!
    Thanks Bud, I try! I generally try to sit right down and write about while I'm stiil excited from the hit. Hopefully that helps to convey at least some of what it means to the folks here. Thanks again Dave!

Your Resident BCP Rep SmokeyJoeWood's Avatar

This thread is awesome!!!! I'm humbled & honored to have had a small part of it.

Nice work Dave, and great pics & write-up Jordan! I think there may be a future in cigar marketing for you once you're finished with the military.....