Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Troop Pictures and Letters!

This is a discussion on Troop Pictures and Letters! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I just found this... What an AWESOME thread!...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ishtar's Avatar

Re: Troop Pictures and Letters!

I just found this... What an AWESOME thread!

No longer a community member.

Thanks Tracy I really needed this!

Dave,

Thank you very much from all the service members you have supported!!!! Do not worry my friend, even though you never actually served in the military, as you say, you have served along side and supported us military men and women proudly and with distinction. I understand how bad it hurts you to have to take a back seat to something you have developed that provides the comforts of home to so many men and women alike however, the tradition will be carried on with the same passion as you provided, rest asured. You will always be able to look back with pride and say "I started that".

I will be home on some much needed rest and relaxation in Mar, I will definitely look you up; if I have to get Russ to take me to see you I promise. I think Vinnie is moving the herf to try and accomadate my visit, should be a great time.

Eric--Thank you for volunteering to keep Dave's service going which helps us deployed service members. I am the President of the Kabul International Airport chapter of the Tali-banned Cigar Aficionado Club. We currently have 50 members and hold monthly meetings to get together for some BOTL fellowship. However, many sneak away from our busy schedules to enjoy a daily 1400 stick. My address is below if you wish to donate to our cause, our stock is currently running a little low.

Tracy Dykstra
    NKAIA
    ATTN: IJC CJ6
    APO AE 09320

Once again, thank you to both of you fine gentlemen and great Americans!!!!!

V/R,
    Tracy
    "Jumpmaster"

Dave,

I just wanted to officially thank you for all of your support for everyone over the years and most specifically for me and my guys. We just received a plethora of cigars from you and the good people at Puff. Amazing how excited the men were to get these cigars. We were able to get out one night and I enjoyed a smoke with them, which is nice because operations usually preclude us being able to smoke all together. We put a letter in the mail for you but I have no idea how long it will take to get back there. Sometimes its a week sometimes its a month and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Regardless hopefully you enjoy the small token of our appreciation.

I truely hope that one day we can meet up back in the states. Stay happy and get healthy so that we have that chance in the future.

Thank you so much,

Nelson Liuzzo

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

Just got these 2 things in the mail..what a awesome surprise..but the real thanks goes to whomever organized the donation to this awesome troop..here are the pics!

Troop Pictures and Letters!-photo-3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very Cool Jon Made your day speaking from experience!

That's awesome Jon. I love the pic of the troops smoking
    Cigars for the Troops -donatecigars4troops@gmail.com

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

After seeing a post from this Artillery Unit I sent some smoke to them. I didn't expect the wonderful letter, certificate and photos I received. As we know, the real Thanks goes to these guys.

My wife and I loved this one:

Full grown Puffer Fish cavscout98's Avatar

Matt (aka - scalocmatt),

Thank you so much from the command post of 1st Squadron (Airborne), 40th US Cavalry, Camp Clark, Afghanistan. The boys truly appreciate the box of sticks and snacks that we received in the mail today. It is always wonderful to receive a gift from someone that you don't even know, but yet supports us cavalrymen forward on the line of defense for the nation. Here in a couple of days I'll get some pictures posted of the boys enjoying our gift from you; didn't quite get to pictures today because it's been a bit busy, if you know what I mean.

Again thanks,
    John

JOHN J. GEIS III
    MAJ, AR
    Executive Officer

1st Squadron (A), 40th US Cavalry, 4th ABCT, 25 ID (L)

BY FORCE AND VALOR!!!

UNCLASSIFIED
    Sorry for taking so long to reply, been really crazy here. I have told the guys that you were sending some stuff they are really excited. We can not get cigars at any of the FOBS or COPS we go to when we do get to go to them. As I had said before I will send pictures of us Enjoying them once we receive them. It has been really busy here now that it is getting warm. It is the start of the fighting season.. All that means to us is more IED's and more indirect fire from mortars while we are out on mission. So as I had said before it is nice to come back and relax with a cigar so once again THANK YOU.

Enderle, Jerry G SGT MIL USA FORSCOM
    Cigars for the Troops -donatecigars4troops@gmail.com

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

What an awesome thread! I literally had tears in my eyes after seeing some of the pics and posts. Thanks to you guys who organized and donated to this. My brother and sister are both in the army and seeing the way you guys are taking care of them and the rest of our Heros is amazing!

I would like to donate a few modest sticks. Who is organizing this now?

Targets locked on... Phil from Chicago's Avatar

look for SocalMatt he can lead you in the right direction

How have I not noticed this thread in a while???? Well, I feel like a douche!

I got this a couple of weeks ago and want to share it with the Puff community since it is your donations that go into all of this:

Very cool Matt made your day getting it I bet! You guy's are doing a great job brother.

Dave

Full grown Puffer Fish cavscout98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by socalocmatt View Post
    How have I not noticed this thread in a while???? Well, I feel like a douche!

I got this a couple of weeks ago and want to share it with the Puff community since it is your donations that go into all of this:

Glad you like them Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Very cool Matt made your day getting it I bet! You guy's are doing a great job brother.

Dave
    Hell yea, more than my day.

Quote Originally Posted by cavscout98 View Post
    Glad you like them Matt!
    Thanks. That was very awesome of you.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast