Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Troop Pictures and Letters!

This is a discussion on Troop Pictures and Letters! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Cool pics! I donated a box to my neighbor who is in the military. She went to Georgia for a ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Troop Pictures and Letters!

Cool pics! I donated a box to my neighbor who is in the military. She went to Georgia for a weekend for training. She just found out a few weeks ago she is getting deployed. Her head is up high and I did not know what to really say to her. I mentioned this forum to her about the cigars for troops. She is going to take some pics of whatever her training is next weekend and hand out some cigars to other troops that are going with her early next year over in Afghanistan. She is in the Army but is very manly like (I mean no harm in that either) as she is the type of person that would do anything for you and kick your ass

Her name is Shelia and she has family memebers nearby that have a cabinet business. she has more tools then any man I have seen plus access to the cabinet shop tools. She is going to build me any humidor I want starting at the end of next month. I have no ideas on what type of humidor to build but I think it would be cool if we could pull off something with a military theme.

Also met a guy almost a month ago who just got back from Afghanistan. I noticed he had on a cigar shirt. It is my other neighbors dad. I could not resist but to give him a handful of cigars. He told me that "We" do not even understand how it makes the troops day when they recieve cigars. He told me when troops are on duty a box or pack of cigars brought to the troops is like a rat eatin cheese He showed me some pics of troops and there own little cigar club they have going on in a tent. I still owe you some cigars for donation just letting you know the last batch went to the troops. I felt so good doing this personally. Once I get some extras aside I will let you know. I am hoping Shelia will get some pics on her training with her squad on the ones I gave her.

Young Fish

Gravebelly,

That's wonderful and I want to thank you as well for your support and effort to make the troops (inculding me) get a little bit of pleasure. It does mean a lot to us when we receive a package of cigars and goodies. We know that the people back home are thinking of us and want us to have a little bit of home here. Keep up the good work and show us a picture of the humidoor when its done.

John E. Butcher, MSgt USAF
    Paralegal - RoLFF-A NKL

Swimmin' with the sharks

Great pics! My stepdad is in Balad and I send him and his pals new release cigars every chance I get.
    Anyone know where I can get one of those "I smoke, I vote, Don't Tread on Me" flags?
    God Bless all of y'all out in the thick of it!
    Keep your head down and watch your six!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacigars View Post
    Great pics! My stepdad is in Balad and I send him and his pals new release cigars every chance I get.
    Anyone know where I can get one of those "I smoke, I vote, Don't Tread on Me" flags?
    God Bless all of y'all out in the thick of it!
    Keep your head down and watch your six!

Here ya go Bro, Plus Thank your Stepdad for me bro!

Don't Tread On Me Flag

Thumbs up Re: Troop Pictures and Letters!

Quote Originally Posted by gravebelly View Post
    Shelia will get some pics on her training with her squad on the ones I gave her.

Great story bro give her a big Thank You for me and let her know a guy in Washington is mighty proud of her!!

Thanks

Dave

This is so awesome. I'm looking forward to being able to help donate some time in the future!
    -Max

Dave, here is a picture of all the company commanders and the battalion commander having a "commanders cigar conference". Thanks again for the smokes, everybody loved them! Each of the company commanders took 50-75 sticks back with him to distribute to their companies. The humipaks and Ziplocs were really useful for this. I gave the battalion commander one of the Gurkhas you sent and he was a big fan. Everyone else had a 5 Vegas or a Rocky Patel that you had sent out. Thumbs up all around! I will send you some more pictures as I get them in from the guys down south. They have really shoddy internet though so it may take awhile. I am going to herf with some corpsmen today and I will send you some pictures of that. Thanks again

Byron

Capt Byron Owen
    Intelligence Officer and
    Hotel Company Commander
    1st Battalion, 3rd Marines

Last edited by smelvis; 06-05-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks for posting the pics from the DCC. Cpt J has not been able to post here cause it was blocked. Evadently cigar smoking bad for moral But we all know better. Again thanks for the smokes and posting the pics for us.
    If you like, you can see more on FB just search for the Dubs Cigar Club

Gentlemen,
    Package received yesterday, all I can say is Thank You! I passed out some to the guys who work in the same building as I do and everyone was very curious what was in the box. I gave the cigarettes to our Ops Sergeant Major who smokes like a chimney and he was very appreciative. I've got some upcoming missions and I will take some of the cigars with me to pass out to some of the guys who don't live in the same place as me. I will get some pics for sure. I have to say, that is probably the best package I have received and I am on my 3rd deployment. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jeff Swinford

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

i love this thread!
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
    Caveats: FOUO

Dave,
    No problem man....Just want to say thanks again to you, Dave Bowles and to everyone who pitched in on the box of cigars. I have to say that I was quite popular when those boxes got here. My fellow commander, CPT Tim Decker was smart enough to bring his humidor so I was able to fill that up easily. We had a good time deciding which ones would go in the humidor. I utilized the bags and pillows and they are working out great.

I have some pictures that I will attempt to send to you guys when I can. Our connectivity here is not very good. I have access to my government email but the internet is blacked out every time there is a casualty in our AO. Needless to say, it's not on very often. We are trudging along each and every single day but we try to make the best of it. The heat is oppressive, every day is virtually the same and we all wish we were back at home. However, we are here to do a job for our country and for the Afghan people and we all take great pride in doing that. Time goes by fairly quickly here because we are so busy.

One great thing that the cigars do for my peers and I, is that it allows us to chat and relax for a awhile. We don't get that down time with each other very often and it really is a great thing.

Mail is a HUGE morale booster here and you gentlemen did us all a service with your gift. It is sincerely appreciated by myself, my Soldiers and my fellow commanders.

V/R
    Jeff Swinford
    CPT, LG
    Commanding

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
    Caveats: FOUO

Gentlemen,
    Here is one pic of me prior to a patrol enjoying a cigar and one of my driver CPL Miller enjoying one during some well deserved downtime. Have a great day guys.
    Jeff

Very nice photos of the troops. Always good to see that our soldiers are doing well.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Best thread, hands down.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast