Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Troop Pictures and Letters!

This is a discussion on Troop Pictures and Letters! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Sweet! Like you said in our pm conversation, "it makes you feel like a kid again!" Thanks Thom!...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: Troop Pictures and Letters!

Sweet! Like you said in our pm conversation, "it makes you feel like a kid again!"

Thanks Thom!
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Got this from Thom (Shortfuse) today. Figured you guys would want to see it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse
    Dave,

We got your package here today and wow were the guys happy and impressed! We're letting them get acclimated for a little bit but we wont too long! You are 100% correct that this will probably be the last package we get from you. It has been a wild ride for sure but you have made it so much better. Not to worry, I will remain a very active member on Puff, probably more so when I get home. Thanks again and here is a picture of our guys showing off the haul...

Left to right are: Lahey, Davenport, Johnson, Cook, Balassi, and Brannon.

Balassi is sitting on what we are using as our humidor! That is our "tactical tupperdor" or "combat cooler." It doesn't matter what we call it, it does its job!

Thanks again Dave and all the other people on Puff that helped make our deployment the most enjoyable it could be.

Best Regards,

Thom

Got this email from one of the soldiers we support! First the email and then the pics! I love getting pics of these guys enjoying themselves! This if from Scott (rollinninmy50).

Hey!
    I got two boxes today! One from you and one from smelvis. Needless to say LOTS of guys were really happy. Thank you guys so much, i feel like just saying it isnt nearly enough! I took some more pics tonight of us. Understand though that this is a 15 man position so some guys are standing watch , others go out on patrol so it only leaves some of us on free time. Its on a constant rotation, so i couldnt get everyone at one time, but ill take more as other shifts go through. There was MORE then enough for everyone. Everyone was telling me thankyou but made sure to let them know that it was everyone from puff and what you guys do. Anyways heres some pictures, im gonna send a serparate email and the same pics to smelvis too. Wanted to make sure i could thank you both and ill be sure to post a thanks on puff ,but thought id leave the picture posting to you guys. REmember the truck from the first picture i sent you guys?

No longer a community member.

Great Picks guy's I hate to see the one blown up but glad they upgraded the amour on them, They did didn't they?

Thanks for posting Dave.

Puffer Fish with some spikes jumpmaster's Avatar

Puff,

Some pictures of us enjoying the great sticks you have sent. Once again thanks to all.

Tracy
    "Jumpmaster"

some of the guys on their last night

Me smoking with the EOD dog--SHORTFUSE would love this one!!!

Some old crew mixed with new BOTLs

Brig General O'Neal during his last herf

Brig General Whittington and one of his Colonels during their first Kabul Herf.

Everyone in these and more to follow pictures are smoking the sticks you guys have sent us to give us a little bit of home. Once again Thanks a million!!
    Last edited by jumpmaster; 10-19-2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: my spelling sucks!!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

This is a great thread! The pictures the faces of those that sacrifice all for our country's freedom! GOD BLESS you all and keep you safe thank you all for your service to this great nation!
    Dave and all that give to our brave military!
    GOD BLESS you as well!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Lil Fish w/ Explosives bombsquadmike007's Avatar

Love all the EOD stuff being a tech myself I know what this means to the guys. A simple cigar is a wonderful thing. Keep your heads down brothers. HooYa

Great Pictures Tracy Thanks Guy!

Andy and some guy's wanted to see my Beautiful Presents so here they are. Still needs work but a good start.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Now that is awesome. Thanks for sharing those photos.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

FYI
    Thanks for all the help Jacob but we are back to normal again and all donations that were going to Jacob can now return to me. Thanks again for a great Rally and all the help made it a whole lot easier for me. but I am VERY anxious to get the supplies from Jacob and get on with business as usual. Love You All

Thank You All!

Dave

Mailing

Dave Bonnette
    PO box 3563
    Bellevue, WA 98009
    $ smelvis@nym.hushmai,.com

PS I hired a cleaning crew for my hole house and have moved a bunch of Troop stuff into a spare room so I now have a very large area being set up as a quite efficient Troop storage and box loading area. Pretty proud of this! My living space is now all personal humidors and this stuff.

I got this from Dave2 Friend, I also got pictures but I think Dave posted them I'll check and if they are different I'll post them!

Hey man!
    My name is Scott. You sent my unit a box of cigars from puff.com. I cant express how much we all appreciate it! There was more then enough to go around and took some to one of the other patrol bases around my AO. Our guys are spread out around different 15 man patrol bases so its a little different then most. Well all enjoyed some really good sticks thanks to you guys and i wish i could do more to say thank you. Its really nice to be able to kick back and enjoy a good taste of home, nice relax time and a chance to unwind with the guys!. I took some pics, a couple of us and a couple of our Pb. Being our group is so small it was impossible to get us all in one picture. (Some guys stand post, and radio watch etc.) So its the guys that were on there rest cycle or patrol cycle in these pics inparticular. Im rollinnmy50 on puff, you guys have a great forum going, full of friendly people and lots of good info. Thanks again!!!
    Scott

Thanks Tracy aka Jumpmaster

awesome pics!!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Nice pictures Dave!
    Nice thing you do for those boys that give their lives to protect ours!
    GOD BLESS you all!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast