Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Please watch this Videeo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Please watch this Videeo!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hello I borrowed this from another board, This hit's home for me two older brothers and many friends were treated ...

No longer a community member.

Thumbs up Please watch this Videeo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello

I borrowed this from another board, This hit's home for me two older brothers and many friends were treated poorly. If you don't have a tear watching this I'll buy you a cigar. Thanks Brothers some of us have always respected, looked up too and loved you always. And we always will remember!!!

Visionalist

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

Re: Please watch this Videeo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... you won't have to buy me that cigar. Tears my heart, they way those men were treated. Always has. Biggest disgrace of the 20th century.

Thanks for posting that.
    Mah blog! -->

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Not quite 20 years ago, a friend of mine finally received proof of his father's death in Viet Nam. He was a fighter pilot MIA since 1968.

I'm glad that in the years since Viet Nam, we've at least learned, by and large, to treat our soldiers with respect, however we may feel about the wars they're fighting.

Thanks for posting this, Dave.
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Dave, thanks for posting.
    As you know, I was their for two -thirteen month tours with the usmc.
    I was one of those volunteers. I was their earlier then most, having joined the corp in 1964, and in country about nine months later.
    A lot of us, were not even shaving yet. We were basically high school kids, or 13th grade.
    The movies always show actors who are in their late twenties, thirties, etc.
    Not the way it was. The only people who would give me a job, were the corporations who had federal contracts, and were made to hire a certain number of vets.
    People at work, wouldnt speak with me. I was a bit of a wildman, which my wife eventually tamed, but we saw no respect nowhere. I could go on and on about this, but choose not to.

Much regards Jerry

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    Dave, thanks for posting.
    As you know, I was their for two -thirteen month tours with the usmc.
    I was one of those volunteers. I was their earlier then most, having joined the corp in 1964, and in country about nine months later.
    A lot of us, were not even shaving yet. We were basically high school kids, or 13th grade.
    The movies always show actors who are in their late twenties, thirties, etc.
    Not the way it was. The only people who would give me a job, were the corporations who had federal contracts, and were made to hire a certain number of vets.
    People at work, wouldnt speak with me. I was a bit of a wildman, which my wife eventually tamed, but we saw no respect nowhere. I could go on and on about this, but choose not to.

Much regards Jerry
    Thanks for sharing Jerry
    You know my feeling per our pm's. It was a sad a embarrassing time in our history one I will never forget and many who should still be ashamed and in my opinion do not deserve the freedom you and my Brothers Rick, Jim and BIL Lee fought so hard for. Politics aside that behavior was inexcusable and I am so sorry it happened.

Much Love Guy's!!

Dave

PS
    Some of us me for instance never thought or acted that way, Of course I was just a kid but remember running up to my brother Jim at the Pendleton airport when he came home on leave he was my hero my big brother and even at 51 years young he still is!!

Thanks Dave for starting this thread. I also had family, relatives and friends that served in this war and have seen first hand what it did to many young men and women that were in this arena. I have a brother that is "Heavily" involved with the Viet Nam Veterans Chapter 48 here in VA. His devotion and dedication making sure our servicemen & women are welcomed home is priority one and making sure they get what they need & deserve. I just wish the same thing were done for the thousands of them that did not get the home coming they well deserved. This is a very touchy subject for me because of the way they were treated when arriving back state side.

This is why I "Always Thank" each and everyone of the fine members of the armed services when I see them. Just a small token of my appreciation that really makes a difference when they arrive back home.
    ViVat Jesus!