Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not a stick in sight!

This is a discussion on Not a stick in sight! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Anyone on Leatherneck/Bastion who is a BOTL? I have not seen a single cigar since I got here in Afghanistan, ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes CigarDoc's Avatar

Not a stick in sight!

Anyone on Leatherneck/Bastion who is a BOTL? I have not seen a single cigar since I got here in Afghanistan, unless you count the crap at the PX... I even broke down and bought one cuz I didn't bring any and they were (just as I expected) not properly cared for. Need some dudes to hang out with and share some smokes and BS.

Re: Not a stick in sight!

Do you have a mailing address? Maybe Smelvis will see this and get some your way. I just mailed out 20 decent sticks to him "for the troops" Hell, I may figure out how to ship international. Anything for you guys! I my wife and my daughter thanks you for your service. Let your brothers and sisters over there know we are thinking about you.

Puffer Fish with some spikes patrick.paul's Avatar

PM sent regarding AFO/FPO.

Doc,
    Look for the EOD guys. They should have some. Most of the dudes I know over there take to cigars while deployed. If not let me know and I'll send some supplies when I go on R&R in a couple weeks.

<---5 jump chump
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Doc,
    Look for the EOD guys. They should have some. Most of the dudes I know over there take to cigars while deployed. If not let me know and I'll send some supplies when I go on R&R in a couple weeks.

<---5 jump chump

I wouldn't know where to begin to look for them. I'm stuck on a secure camp (I shouldn't have to say why) And Leatherneck is like Lejune forward. There are over 20,000 marines there and I don't venture that way. It's a bit of a walk, (Like 4 miles) and it's so jumblefu**ed and there are no signs that say what is what... I'm sure that eventually I'll find some dudes who are BOTL's and make friends.... I got a decent Yeti cooler to make into a coolerador, but I am waiting for some beads and a decent hygro for it (I ordered from Heartfelt) They should be here tonight or tomorrow... My addy:

Sgt Allard, Chris
    1-505 PIR
    FPO AE 09372

Oh and BTW
    <--------- 52 jumps, but still a chump, LOL

Chris,

I'll be back by the big PX in a couple of weeks. Let me know what all you need and I'll get it out to you first thing. Might also put your APO in your profile, there are a ton of guys that donate sticks for us and I'm humbled by their genorousity.

Thom
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

To all -

I am putting together a care package as I now have his military address. PM me if you are interested in adding to it!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick.paul View Post
    To all -

I am putting together a care package as I now have his military address. PM me if you are interested in adding to it!
    You guys are too cool. I've been a member of the site for a long while now, before the renaming, I just got super busy a couple years back and havn't had the spare time to visit. Being deployed, redeployed, going to the hardest medical school in the military, having a baby, buying a house, getting deployed again ect... kept me off the cpu and doing honey do's for quite a while. Lucky thing there's a halfway decent B&M at the mall where I live. I'm glad to be back on the site. Hopefully my post count will catch up to my time on here soon. I have a lot of stuff to post about stored up in the old noggin, I just gotta get it down.

Chris, AKA Doc.

Doesn't life always get in the way of relaxation. No worries Brother we're going to get you taken care of. How long is your tour?

Quote Originally Posted by CigarDoc View Post
    You guys are too cool. I've been a member of the site for a long while now, before the renaming, I just got super busy a couple years back and havn't had the spare time to visit. Being deployed, redeployed, going to the hardest medical school in the military, having a baby, buying a house, getting deployed again ect... kept me off the cpu and doing honey do's for quite a while. Lucky thing there's a halfway decent B&M at the mall where I live. I'm glad to be back on the site. Hopefully my post count will catch up to my time on here soon. I have a lot of stuff to post about stored up in the old noggin, I just gotta get it down.

Chris, AKA Doc.

Chris -

2 PMs sent to you. As soon as I hear back from those I'll get rolling on this box!

No longer a community member.

I have also sent Chris a PM, if you guy's have this under control cool I can set this one out.

Dave

No longer a community member.

Thumbs up Re: Not a stick in sight!

Hey Guy's
    I have spoken with Chris and if you guy's send these to him to get him started Then it would be an Honor for Dave and I to add him and his unit to our regular rotation. If you guy's can't make this happen let us know so we can get him some cigars!

Thanks Guy's

Nice to meet you Chris!!

Dave

You guys are awesome. Me and the guys here really appreciate the generosity. Some of my guys are living super austere so a good stick would be a blessing.

Chris

To all interested -

This care package will go out next Monday, July 18 in order to allow time for a few shipments of donations/purchases made with donation money to arrive at my place.

Still accepting donations! Let's get Chris and his boys taken care of!

You guys are too cool. I'm glad to be back and part of the forum again. I'm sure my guys out on the ground will be happy to see what you guys have so graciously done for them

Doc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast