Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wow!!!

This is a discussion on Wow!!! within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by ShortFuse No DC for intra-theatre mail.... But you may want to warn your mail clerk! Uh-oh...do I ...

Re: Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    No DC for intra-theatre mail.... But you may want to warn your mail clerk!
    Uh-oh...do I need to take my IBA and Kevlar to the post office? I happen to know there's a pretty good shelter just outside the door...

Thanks again. Enjoy your leave, and let me be the first to tell you, it's going to be real hard getting back on that plane coming back...

Kevin

No longer a community member.

^ :O Friendly Fire!

Quote Originally Posted by smirak View Post
    Uh-oh...do I need to take my IBA and Kevlar to the post office? I happen to know there's a pretty good shelter just outside the door...

Its not that bad... but all the cigars in there have 6 months on them (except the Nub) and have already been frozen so they should be good to go a week after you get them set in your humi. I forgot to write that in the note.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    Its not that bad... but all the cigars in there have 6 months on them (except the Nub) and have already been frozen so they should be good to go a week after you get them set in your humi. I forgot to write that in the note.
    Awesome...been wanting to get my hands on a nub (that's NOT what she said). I'll ask the stupid question, but why freezer? And, do I need to do that to the ones that i have coming?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Elder Puffer Fish Leader max gas's Avatar

Awesome...been wanting to get my hands on a nub (that's NOT what she said). I'll ask the stupid question, but why freezer? And, do I need to do that to the ones that i have coming?

Thanks,
    Kevin

The freezer kills any tobacco beetle eggs/larve that may be lurking in your sticks. A couple days in the deep freeze solves the problem of these little a-holes. If they hatch, your sticks will look like Swiss cheese.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Freezing them (triple ziplocked) is a precaution against cigar beetles. The rule, as far as I've read, is to triple ziplock bag them and put them in the freezer for 72 hours then in the fridge for a day then let them rest in the humi for a while. Freezes any eggs that may or may not be in the cigars.

I'm fairly certain that most of what we send has either already been frozen by Dave, me or the person sending them. If you order direct from a website, it wouldn't be a bad idea to freeze them. Personally, with the cigars I have in my humis, a cigar beetle infestations would make my cry like a little girl!
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Don't know what to add but "Thanks - for serving our country and protecting our freedoms"

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2