Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

This is a discussion on Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by FWTX Anyone who is offended or got their feelings hurt is a big pussy. I am seriously ...

Re: Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

Quote Originally Posted by FWTX View Post
    Anyone who is offended or got their feelings hurt is a big pussy.

I am seriously sitting at work laughing out loud at that. It sounds like it should be a sound bite out of a movie.

Puffer Fish with many spikes bcannon87's Avatar

Agreed!!
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches...

No longer a community member.

Yeah what he said

That post only came after a zillions pm's really a zillion is a real number!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    I am only one person in the middle of a sh*t storm with my Lawyers battling the state for my right to health and medical care or dare I say the right to F*cking live!...
    Take care of you too Dave!!!

There's a bunch of pussies everywhere!!!

Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Angry Re: Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

Quote Originally Posted by quo155 View Post
    Take care of you too Dave!!!

There's a bunch of pussies everywhere!!!

I tell ya I feel kinda like a pussy sometimes, Ya know any?

Naw serious I do I whine here, bitch there always say what I think. But I guarantee them that's holding up my case if they felt like this it would be a different story. Emotional, depression its all part of it remaining sane is a chore dudes no shit!

Now the pm's I like visiting about good shit and talking to all my buds just don't have time to answer questions that are there if ya would just look and read the thread.

Now back to pussy, ah we'll talk

Alpha Puffer Fish

On a more serious note...Dave (smelvis)...I have a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box heading your way...filled with 50-60 cigars, 8 cigar cutters...and a few snacks...all for the troops...

God Bless Our Troops!!!

OK, ............

2305 0270 0000 8210 0042

Set to be delivered Saturday...

Love our Troops!!!

My prizes will reside here with me until direction at contest end...

A little inspiration for the coming raffle!

This is a letter I asked for for you guy's at Puff to understand what you are doing. This man and I email fairly often and it is my goal to meet him is person here in the states.

Steve Thanks for this heartfelt letter my friend we Love every single one of you guy's and can always count on us!! in any way we can help we will.

Being a deployed soldier is a lot harder than it looks. You don’t let on how hard or how lonely it is. That would be showing weakness, and you have to keep a strong constitution for your soldiers. You look for things to kill the boredom and keep morale up. For me, the highlight of each day was returning to my room and celebrating with a cigar. I loved sharing the experience of a fine cigar with my brothers-in-arms. It became an indelible part of the deployment experience. I was fortunate to have met fellow cigar-loving soldiers during my deployment and to have met cigar-loving civilians online. A friend introduced me to Dave (Smelvis) on the Puff , com board and the next thing I knew I was receiving boxes of cigars, snacks, toiletries and other goodies for me and my fellow soldiers. Words cannot describe the joy of hearing your name during mail call and then realizing you have several boxes of goodies to share with your army family.

The worst time was the holidays. Everyone was secretly (or openly) miserable about missing Christmas with their friends and families. Leadership knows this is a hard time so they create some sort of mandatory celebration where the secret agenda is watching over the soldiers who should not be alone. I was secretly depressed from a mission two days earlier where I got to see the real poverty and despair of the people of Iraq. I felt twice as bad feeling guilty about not being home when I saw the people of Iraq who didn’t even have a home. I felt horrible. Then (cue the choir of angels) 3 packages arrived for me right before Christmas. These boxes were stuffed so full of cigars and accessories that every soldier who wanted some got a 5-pack of cigars. This made our holidays. Everywhere I went, I saw soldiers who might have been hiding in their rooms alone, outside and having their own mini-herfs with their donated cigars. The timing was perfect and it made a very difficult time so much easier. I also developed some deep friendships because of those cigars, and even though we have scattered back to our separate corners of the U.S., we remain good friends. Nothing brings friends together like a good cigar. On behalf of my brothers and sisters of the U.S. military, we thank you for your support. You don’t know how much it means to us.

SSG Stephen Zdunczyk
    328th ESC

That's beautiful Dave. That letter really touched me and it brings home what this whole thing is really about. It's about those guys over there who are missing family and missing home and putting their lives on the line nevertheless. Thank you for sharing that.

And make sure you take care of yourself first Dave. I now know what pain is, but I can't fathom what you've been going through all this time as your back is much worse off than mine. Make sure you focus on you first bro.

Dave, sorry for not getting that stuff done earlier this week, been real busy.

Guys, haven't been around for a while, but this is the troops.

Currently in Nicaragua, I have a few more prizes that will be added to the list from manufacturers. Drew Estate has donated two, this is the one that I'll talk about, the other one is a "mystery prize" and it's... Let's just say it would be rather cool if I could have it myself.

The following came from Jonathan's office, it was used as packaging mock-up for MUWAT. (Jonathan tore the packaging mock-up off.) The blend is not regular MUWAT, it's a mystery blend that could be anything. JD doesn't know what it is, I don't know what it is, but it's twenty cigars.

Thanks for all that put this together...
    http://twitter.com/charlieminato
    editor, halfwheel.com

Thumbs up Re: Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

Way cool Charlie my good Friend as always glad your here with up helping again, Not quite as much work for you with all your schedule dividing and delegating is the key this time around. Man I wish I was with ya bro we need an update give me a call when you get back and have time.

I have just about worked all the details out have to confirm with the team everything but if no problems we will probably start September 1st and end on the September 30th with the option of adding time if we haven't met our goal or are just doing so well it would be silly to quit.

I will put the details thread up in about a week but the start dates gives you all time to get ready money wise and stuff.

Tons of prizes some way cool stuff this year including stuff from those that we are doing this all for our Fine Military! Steve's Letter above say's what we do is important way more important than any of us imagined I was deeply humbled by Steve's letter. We must work harder now we must, we can not let them down I refuse to let that happen.

Well Thanks Guy's and remember these are the rough in date............start September 1st and end on the September 30th with possible extensions?

Thanks

Hi Guy's
    If you have offered a prize and can not post a picture of it please just send that in as cigars for the troops instead of a prize, we need pictures of all prizes please. And we are running out of time.

Thanks

Dave

Thumbs up Re: Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

Announcement!!

Hi Guy's
    I see a lot of posts of people concerned for my health, Thanks

But I never told you I learned to ask for help and delegate much of this. You will understand once I post the rules and address's and such, To make a long story short I will be the Project manager of this raffle but all of the actual work until it gets to sending to the troops is all going to be done by my friends here at puff.com

Bookkeeping, Box opening, picture taking and posting, everything except the picking of the winners will be done by others so I will be the cheerleader and just plain leading it all but all physical and record keeping and everything I said above will be done by brothers from Puff here!!

I will be hosting a herf for the drawing of the winners and then after the raffle will be right back to shipping myself which I can handle. But Russ and others close like Justin are sure welcome to come over and help with that as well!

It took some doing to put together the group of people who live close enough or in the case of running spreadsheets for everything from prizes to donations can be done long distance.

I want to Thank all those that have offered to help. you are great brothers!! One who offered who works in my town if he is still willing I will ask him to help me organize the cigars and streamline the process here at my house you know who you are!!

So I can never keep it short can I LOL so all of you who care and show it by offering to help I am honored and just respect the hell out of you all!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guy's

Dave
    Last edited by smelvis; 08-17-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Alpha Puffer Fish

Here's to a successful RAFFLE!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast